The Darkness = Genius

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Joe
Space Cowboy

The Darkness = Genius

Post by Joe »

For those of you who haven't yet purchased The Darkness' latest album, One Way Ticket to Hell...and Back, do so immediately. Aside from being loaded with catchy tunes that are totally guilty pleasures, the album is absolutely British humor at its finest. On this album, you will find:
  • The phrase "I've never seen a bale of hay move so fast," followed by "she was a bona fide forking genius"
  • A loose parody of "Do They Know It's Christmas," only it's about balding middle aged-men instead of starving Africans ("tonight, thank god it's him instead of me")
  • The words "hoots, I cannae get back to me hoos in bonnie Scotland" incorporated as an actual song lyric
Buy it, kiddies.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Done, weeks ago. The flute intermezzo at the start of One way Ticket... is pure genius :D
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Just ordered, although I am admittedly unsure if it can live up the the genius of the first album.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I have been exclaiming the genius of Justin Hawkins and co since Permission To Land. Big Hair, OTT Guitar Solo's and Spandex on men. It's like Nirvana was just a bad dream.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

The Darkness are cool. The Wildhearts are cooler though.
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

I have Permission to Land, but I haven't listened to the new one yet. Seeing as how I work in a music store, I should probably get on that..
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

I've had a listen now, and it's okay.
It's got a very different feel to the previous album, and not one which seems to be for the better necassarially, although most of the songs are certainly very catchy.
Also, it it just me, or is the album quite poorly mixed; the vocals seem to be very quiet?