My company's advertising disturbs me.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

My company's advertising disturbs me.

Post by Singular Quartet »

I work at Staples.

This is their latest advertising campaign.

I'm not sure my brain has fully recovered from it.

The fortune cookies amuse me, though.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

The wall commercial was hilarious.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Seconded, that commercial cracked me up. Thanks, 'cause I needed the laugh. :lol:
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

What exactly does your company sell? 'Staples' sounds like a stationery company, and this seems to be ridiculously elaborate to sell stationery.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

kheegan wrote:What exactly does your company sell? 'Staples' sounds like a stationery company, and this seems to be ridiculously elaborate to sell stationery.
Yes, it's a stationary chain with crappy lines and selection.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

kheegan wrote:What exactly does your company sell? 'Staples' sounds like a stationery company, and this seems to be ridiculously elaborate to sell stationery.
Staples is an office supply company. Paper, computers, pens, desks, briefcases, chairs, anything you might need for an office.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Didn't have the time to go now through all the clips, but I like the "Wall" one pretty much ... I don't find anthing disturbing on it :mrgreen:
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

Soontir C'boath wrote:
As a Cashier, I take personnal insult to that statement. The only time I've ever had a person wait more than five minutes was in back to school season, or when one of the idiot managers decided it was a good idea to have only one cashier on duty.

Fucking morons.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Singular Quartet wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote:
As a Cashier, I take personnal insult to that statement. The only time I've ever had a person wait more than five minutes was in back to school season, or when one of the idiot managers decided it was a good idea to have only one cashier on duty. Fucking morons.
Sorry.

Here, I could be waiting five or more (often more than five) minutes from just getting on line to the register and back to school? Forget about it. You'd be waiting forever. Then of course there are times when they just put a full stop to get the manager or a more experience associate to fix a problem that occurs taking more time.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."