Unpimp your ride!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

phongn
Rebel Leader

Unpimp your ride!

Post by phongn »

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

"Vat time is it ? Time zu unpimp ze auto"

:lol:

That's even better then the 206 ads.
Last edited by Bounty on 2006-02-24 02:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

That is awesome.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

That's just pretty.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Fleet Admiral JD
Jedi Master

Post by Fleet Admiral JD »

Fucking grand! Finally, combating the idiocy of ricers and "pimped" and "tricked out" automobiles.
Parrothead | CINC HABNAV | Black Mage In Training (Invited by Lady T)

The Acta Diurna: My blog on politics, history, theatre tech, music, and more!
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

This is why I'm a volkswagen man
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Vork of art
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

That is one of the best ad series ever. Complete love from me :luv:.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

defiently better then the fast ones, those those are pretty cool too.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Siege
Sith Marauder

Post by Siege »

I think I'm in love with Peter Stormare... That was pure and unrefined 28-carat genius.
SDN World 2: The North Frequesuan Trust
SDN World 3: The Sultanate of Egypt
SDN World 4: The United Solarian Sovereignty
SDN World 5: San Dorado
There'll be a bodycount, we're gonna watch it rise
The folks at CNN, they won't believe their eyes
RThurmont
Jedi Master
Location: Desperately trying to find a local restaurant that serves foie gras.

Post by RThurmont »

What you're seeing here is viral marketing in action. Viral marketing is basically the latest evil marketing tool developed by us evil corporate marketing drones; the idea is to create advertisements so interesting that people will talk about them and share them with their friends (which is what you see here). This results in the brand being built at an accelerated rate, with less of a connection between the brand and the actual quality of the products in question. As cars go, Volkswagen is more or less shit in every respect (quality, reliability, design), but their new ad agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky is arguably, at the moment, the worlds leading ad agency, and I have no doubt that this campaign will be hugely successful in rebuilding their brand.
"Here's a nickel, kid. Get yourself a better computer."
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

V-Dub is in the house, ja!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

RThurmont wrote:What you're seeing here is viral marketing in action. Viral marketing is basically the latest evil marketing tool developed by us evil corporate marketing drones; the idea is to create advertisements so interesting that people will talk about them and share them with their friends (which is what you see here). This results in the brand being built at an accelerated rate, with less of a connection between the brand and the actual quality of the products in question. As cars go, Volkswagen is more or less shit in every respect (quality, reliability, design), but their new ad agency Crispin Porter + Bogusky is arguably, at the moment, the worlds leading ad agency, and I have no doubt that this campaign will be hugely successful in rebuilding their brand.
Man, you really need to listen to your Fast *va-zchwoomp* 8)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

My fast makes it hard to listen to people talk about their jobs.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Oh my god, that is AWESOME!

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

As cars go, Volkswagen is more or less shit in every respect (quality, reliability, design)
:wtf:

Are they selling different VW's in Europe and the US ? Because VW is one of *the* best brands in terms of quality and reliability.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Oh snap! :lol:
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Bounty wrote:
As cars go, Volkswagen is more or less shit in every respect (quality, reliability, design)
:wtf:

Are they selling different VW's in Europe and the US ? Because VW is one of *the* best brands in terms of quality and reliability.
I used to own an old VW. It was between 10-15 years old and never, ever gave me trouble (offcourse, it was a very basic model and things can't break if they aren't there ;)). Even survived a car accident with it

Me: broken backlight, scratched paint

vs

Fiat: totalled

So yeah :wtf:
Last edited by wautd on 2006-02-27 08:37am, edited 1 time in total.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Bounty wrote:
They may well be, because VW in the US has a reputation for unreliability. Do you have any numbers?
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Man, that commercial is awesome. Duetschland in the haus!
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

phongn wrote:
Bounty wrote:
They may well be, because VW in the US has a reputation for unreliability. Do you have any numbers?
I'm looking right now - for starters, there's 3 Skoda's (VW's budget line) in the top-ten of Top Gear's 2005 survey. I'll look for more.
CDiehl
Jedi Master

Post by CDiehl »

They show those ads a lot on G4. I love the one where the engineer comments after unpimping some fool's car, "Oh, we dropped it like it's hot. Representin' for Deutschland." and flashes the VW hand signal.
For the glory of Gondor, I sack this here concession stand!
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Want your own Fast? AAAHAHAAHAHAHA

338 bucks so far. Man, I'd like to have my own fast figurine, but I ain't paying that much for it. Sheesh.

Your Wallet=PWNED!
FedRebel
Jedi Master

Post by FedRebel »

Bounty wrote:
phongn wrote:
Bounty wrote: Are they selling different VW's in Europe and the US ? Because VW is one of *the* best brands in terms of quality and reliability.
I'm looking right now - for starters, there's 3 Skoda's (VW's budget line) in the top-ten of Top Gear's 2005 survey. I'll look for more.
There's the 'problem', Skoda does not exist in the US

The good VW's are optimized for blitzkrieging through Europe, but due to silly laws in the US designed to protect the whining domestic market, we get stuck with the bad VW's