How Many Songs on Your Hard Drive??

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Almost 3000.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Thread title wrote:How Many Songs on Your Hard Drive??
/HD based MP3 used in lieu of a big, fancy HD on my rig :|: 2923.
Also of note, 201 albums, & 30 playlists.

Most dance/techno but to include Juno Reactor, then soundtracks (all the SW albums hooray), anime, Soundgarden, AudioSlave and a few other rock stuff, almost no rap, some classical. Some jazzy stuff to include Cowboy Bepop. A decent spread but I accidentally wiped a lot of the classical music that came on the MP3 that I can't get back (they were high bitrate MP3's too, nigh-CD quality :sad:)
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

3161 Songs
243:16:21 playing time
17.46 GB
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

On my actual hard disk, over 2500. On my external drive, who knows?
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

798 songs on my old computer (and iPod). Haven't transfered them to my new computer yet, but they're all backed up for easy transfer.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Oline61
Redshirt

Post by Oline61 »

Heh, right now I'm restoring from DVD backups because I reinstalled. Right now 446 FLACs at about 10GB even. I still have about 10 DVD5's to restore from though.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

4,300 songs in my My Music folder.

Edit -thought that seemed small. An additional 700-some in my "New Stuff" folder.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

0 following the system crash.....

now to get a new motherboard so that I can reboot my HDD

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

1259 Songs
150 Foldrs
9.39 Gigabytes
All are on my harddrive /mp3 player so if one dies they're still on the other. This is approximately 1/3 the capacity of my mp3 player so I figure when I get up to ~30 gigs I'll have a great excuse to buy a new one. :D
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

I'm just now starting to recover from my hard drive loss, so I'm sitting at a little over 170. Most of my hard drive space is reserved for games though, so that's a pretty average figure for me. I'm a picky listener anyways.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

Does this include MIDIs? 'Cause if so, a whole freakin' lot.
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

80GB
13884 Files

I own a LOT of music CD but now they are all on the HD
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

45 with 30 in CD's
Nub
Youngling

Post by Nub »

This thread encouraged me to clean up my collection. I tossed a few albums that I never listened to, and it comes down to...

5045 tracks.

12:22:04:44
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

I have about 1630 discrete tracks, which equals 7 days, 18 hours, 50 minutes 56 seconds of music, taking up 9.75Gb
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project
Shadowhawk
Jedi Knight

Post by Shadowhawk »

15,000-16,000 files in 75 gigs. Some of them are complete sets contained in one file, so it's hard to count individual songs.
Shadowhawk
Eric from ASVS
"Sufficiently advanced technology is often indistinguishable from magic." -- Clarke's Third Law
"Then, from sea to shining sea, the God-King sang the praises of teflon, and with his face to the sunshine, he churned lots of butter." -- Body of a pharmacy spam email

Here's my avatar, full-sized (Yoshitoshi ABe's autograph in my Lain: Omnipresence artbook)
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

7,918. Perhaps 1,000 of those are songs I actually care for.
Dragon Clan Veritech
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

937 on both my HDD and my MP3 player.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

I've got 3903 files on here. Some of them are one-hour-plus Podcasts. They take up 12.3 days and 16.35 gigs.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

1652 according to iTunes.
Sig by JME2
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Approximately 2300 songs. I can't use iTunes to tally up my mp3s and wavs because I do a lot of sound editing, and I'm not counting all the various "in-progress" edits in my tally.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

I have 541 songs on my playlist. I have 2 copies of each of those (1 insanely high VBR for listening to on my computer, one 64 kbps for listening to on my MP3/WMA CD player). That is 1082. I also have another 132 that I do not listen to regularly. That is mostly christmas music, some songs I want to have at hand but aren't in my playlist, and a few that I need to move to a backup DVD. Then I have 24 midis. That is about 1238. Then I have probably 4 times that many that I do not listen to regularly and are thus backup up on a set of DVD+Rs (ripped, of course, I keep the compressed versions in case something happens to the CD).
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

7,915 songs, 22.8 days, 40.33 GB all on iTunes.
Most of it's from cd's but most of the Soundtracks and video game OST's are from other sources :P :angelic:.
EDIT:
15,000-16,000 files in 75 gigs. Some of them are complete sets contained in one file, so it's hard to count individual songs.
:shock: over 16,000 songs?
I might get into those numbers if I added every music cd in the house (I only have a large fraction of them on iTunes), but what type of music do you have?
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

none at the moment as my HD had wiped clean during the repairs that were done to my PC (had some MP3 there before).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n