Mobile 50 BMG, MKSheppard, is this yours?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Mobile 50 BMG, MKSheppard, is this yours?

Post by Azazal »

Ma Duce on the hitch and what looks like a Barret M82 on the front, what in god's name do you need this for? And where do I get mine?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

I'm guessing that's some gun nut's wheels; the BMG hitched up is so he can move it around easily. The Barrett has the same hitch as they use on some humvees in Iraq, cuts down on recoil and makes it easier for the sniper to move around fast.

Oh yeah, notice the milk crates there? Those can hold a LOT of .50 ammo... :D
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Looks wank to me. That quad wouldn't have the weight nor the stability to hold the cart down while firing. You'd have to drop the trailer and let the 'hitch' act like a tripod.

I figure you'd be able to hold about four cans of ammo up front too. While a shit load, still not a lot of firing time.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Knife wrote:Looks wank to me. That quad wouldn't have the weight nor the stability to hold the cart down while firing. You'd have to drop the trailer and let the 'hitch' act like a tripod.

I figure you'd be able to hold about four cans of ammo up front too. While a shit load, still not a lot of firing time.
I think that's the idea, actually. Use the quad to tow it to some firing range a fair distance away from civilization, unhitch it and move the quad to another firing position so they can use the Barrett. As for the low ammo, I imagine they'd have plenty on hand; and considering the expense of .50 BMG ammo, I doubt they'd be shooting off all that much anyway.
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Knife wrote: I figure you'd be able to hold about four cans of ammo up front too. While a shit load, still not a lot of firing time.
In the civilian world, how much firing time do you need with a 50 BMG?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Azazal wrote:
Knife wrote: I figure you'd be able to hold about four cans of ammo up front too. While a shit load, still not a lot of firing time.
As much as you can afford, of course! :P
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Azazal wrote:

If you go through all the hoops to have one, I'd like to do more than fire off 100 rounds or so. I'd make a day out of it.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The fifty cal MG looks kinda small...
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Elheru Aran wrote:
Azazal wrote:
As much as you can afford, of course! :P

Amen :)
Knife wrote:If you go through all the hoops to have one, I'd like to do more than fire off 100 rounds or so. I'd make a day out of it.
I wonder how long one can fire a 50 BMG before their arms go numb from the recoil? Think we can get a federal grant to go find out? :D
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Azazal wrote:
I wonder how long one can fire a 50 BMG before their arms go numb from the recoil? Think we can get a federal grant to go find out? :D
I've done hours of firing. With a good firing position, you can shoot all damn day. Though prone position is not comfortable, sitting is.