Hairspray is Love -- Art Thread 4 (56k erk)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

SWEET JEEBUS!

Pick! Lady! ye have got a heck uo of ..eh.. 'thing' there you know!!! Boy I've been away from this thread far too long.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:SWEET JEEBUS!

Pick! Lady! ye have got a heck uo of ..eh.. 'thing' there you know!!! Boy I've been away from this thread far too long.
It'll be better once it has the hands, feet, and head though :wink:. I just can't work on those until I've decided who it is. I mean, the build narrows it down some (no Verdigris, Desunius, Hoquer, Zixer, etc.) but definitely not enough.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I vote Zixer, He's such a cutey ;)

Oh Who am I kidding, everyone you draw is cute :lol:
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Truth be told, it'll probably be Umber (at some... random... time interval)... he and Edge are tied for being my favorite character, but I don't want to venture into another media with Edge as my first again. After all, he was my first finished drawing of a DC character, my first doll, my first bust, my first CG in years... . Yeah. Edge gets too much attention :lol:.

Though Shader's the main character! The MAIN CHARACTER! Why the hell don't I do more stuff with him?!

And what about Alder? He might actually be a subject I could enter into the school art show that WON'T be moved into the back hall to avoid further offending parents (long story)!!
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Small question-- what's that foam you're using there on the armature?
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Elheru Aran wrote:Small question-- what's that foam you're using there on the armature?
Oh, just canned foam insulation. The cheapest stuff I could get, really. I'm trying to do this project inexpensively (like I really have a choice....)
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Heh, cool, that's what I thought. Used the same stuff back when I did construction. You using the sort that expands a lot or a little? I presume you want it fairly dense so it'll cut better?
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Elheru Aran wrote:Heh, cool, that's what I thought. Used the same stuff back when I did construction. You using the sort that expands a lot or a little? I presume you want it fairly dense so it'll cut better?
The Home Depot in my town only carries the less-expanding variety, so that's what I use.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Good pick. The type that expands a lot would be a little more cost-effective, but the problem is the bubbles inside are pretty big, so it's a little harder to cut cleanly. The dense stuff is for small spaces like by doors or electric socket boxes.

And I hope you're going to cover that plaster with something, it's bloody hard to paint properly... I'm not quite sure what it is the Sculpture II class that shared the building with my I class last year used, but it seemed to be some sort of plastic resin bandages, which they wrapped around their plaster forms.

Nevertheless, lookin' good, so carry on! :D
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

There's another stage of sealing that I need to do that won't be plaster stuff. Plaster is never a good media for a finished project --it is not good against the elements.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I would kill to see Umber in full sized (well, not quite. I always invisiage Umber as being really tall).
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:wink: A bit of a bump. I ha
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:37pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Hmm; I prefer late Umber, personally. However, that's rather thin.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

There's also post what-you'd-consider-"late" Umber as well... :twisted:
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Nice to see Alder continues to be uppity into his adulthood. :wink:

And yes, I think "late" Umber would be quite interesting to see in the sculpture.
There's also post what-you'd-consider-"late" Umber as well...
What, is his waist centimeters wide then? :P
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Nice to see Alder continues to be uppity into his adulthood. :wink:
8) Oh, Alder will never give up. He may be a whiney little bitch, but he's a stubborn whiney little bitch!
There's also post what-you'd-consider-"late" Umber as well...
What, is his waist centimeters wide then? :P
Yes. Yes it is. However, it is more centimeters wide than late Umber. :mrgreen:
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

More progress pictures:
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote:There's also post what-you'd-consider-"late" Umber as well... :twisted:
I am intruiged.
What is Project Zohar?

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Pick wrote:God, I wish I was a guy who wanked off like a bajillion times a day. My arms would be used to this kind of abuse....... :P

The butt is bigger than it will be since it's just... really inexplicably humiliating to sand so I've been putting it off.
I'm sorry to laugh at your predicament, but I couldn't help it.

By the way, frequent wankage doesn't really promote a tollerance against such aches and pains. :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Some fun
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Angst! :wink:

I like them, especially the last. And you really are quite good with clothing.
One thing though, Selia's head looks a bit off in the middle one. Somewhat out of proportion, I think. :?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote: One thing though, Selia's head looks a bit off in the middle one. Somewhat out of proportion, I think. :?
Yeah, I made her hair way too poofy :lol:. I should fix that. Right now it's at, like, 'fro level :lol:.

Edit- and angst is way fun to draw :oops:. Hoquer gets an unfairly large amount of angsty pictures, though, probably just because he's near the top of characters I draw and Edge has never exactly been much of an angster :lol:.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

That last one is simply adorable... :)

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

[url=
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

A bow on the wrist? Looks like a senior prom corsage. ;)

Great, Pick. I like the crappy paper one the most: great lines and a fantastic rendering of the facial expression. Reminds me of a keyframe for a Don Bluth animation. :)