Art - blood elf self love! (nsfw) [very heavy]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

So I've been meaning to get round to having a proper go at drawing in the manga style... to explain the text, I was complaining about how on a manga tutorial site, some fucker used ^_^ faces like 5 times on one page, and I hate those faces. I also mentioned I hated chibi. Shannon said I probably shouldn't do manga, then, so I did this just to be contrary. :P

I did some experimental inking and colouring. I'm happy with it. :)

Edited the text a bit, so now the explanation makes no sense, but there you go.
Last edited by Rye on 2006-03-05 09:24am, edited 1 time in total.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Hey, pretty good. Though that girl better not linger too long in any loud places, she'd be uncomfortable with two sets of ears. :wink:
JADAFETWA
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Repost from Testing:
Rye wrote:Since this is about self-promotion, go over to this thread, look at the hot manga babe, and shower me with praise. :D
Hawt. :twisted:

Oh, you mean the drawing? Hella good too. :)
Image Image
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Dalton wrote:I keep saying that we need an SDN comic.
I've toyed with the idea of producing it myself, but I get all sorts of sidetracked.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That's awesome Rye.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Any ideas for a background?
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Hmm. If I had the artistic talent, I would personally use a rather shattered, blood-slicked room ridden with bullet holes the size of watermelons, and littered with partially liquified, partially burning corpses. But that's just me.
What is Project Zohar?

Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Okay, not a picture this time, but a song.

This song is the longest song we've done, an epic 8 mins and 43 seconds, a few duff notes, no drums, no bass and no vocals yet, but it's still ace.

It's called Humanity is too Sick to Survive and is about the extinction of the human race, brought about by Gozer and Dr Ivo Shandor. The song title comes from a semi-obscure Ghostbusters reference, as follows:
Egon wrote: After the first World War, Shandor decided that society was too sick to survive. And he wasn’t alone: he had close to a thousand followers when he died. They conducted rituals up on the roof. Bizarre rituals, intended to bring about the end of the world, and now it looks like it may actually happen.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Okay, I know nobody actually listens to the songs, but I had to share this one, it's a conversation between two fundies, one that appears to have serious mental problems, in yahoo chat, given a technometal backdrop.

It's called moses, after the chatter, and the biblical character. I was thinking of keeping it for a secret track for when we record the album. It's all about whether or not you can have sex in hell or not.

MOSES!
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Wow! Really cool, all done with a wacom tablet?
The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

Regarding Moses: I like the background music you put in. It gives the whole thing a creapy, cult like feel. *Thumbs up*
"Do not worry, I have prepared something for just such an emergency."

"You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?!"

"That is correct!"

"How do you plan for that?"

"Uh... lucky guess?"
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

TheMuffinKing wrote:Wow! Really cool, all done with a wacom tablet?
Well, a nisis tablet, but yeah. :D
The Silence and I wrote:Regarding Moses: I like the background music you put in. It gives the whole thing a creapy, cult like feel. *Thumbs up*
Thanks, that's what I was aiming for. I did steal some dimmu borgir choirs to put in, but it it crackled too much and became too noisy overall, so i stuck to the keyboard strings and sweep-picking.

I downloaded a mixing program, i'll see if i can get that to slot them in later.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I thought I'd try drawing an alien vessel from my personal universe completely in photoshop and without the normal comic book lines style I usually draw in. And add some technical stuff so I have it down somewhere.

The vessel is that of the extragalactic enemy, the vore, who have a mission not dissimilar to the Tyranids from WH40k; eat everyone, harvest new genes, instigate vore supremacy everywhere.

This is their average capital ship, which is not a total bioship as you might imagine from looking at it. There is a lot of biology that goes into it, which is stretched over the metal hull, it serves as an extra layer of ablative armour and an extremely well tuned sublight sensor system. The big red "eyes" on it are the anti-capship beam weapons, easily capable of causing wide-scale destruction on a planet within minutes, revealing the planet's mantle, melting the crust, et al.

The big glowy thing on the bottom is supposed to be a weird light emitting superweapon, blows up planets, and with a few blasts can fuck up suns, blasting sizeable chunks off, and otherwise mess with the distribution of the system's gravity, causing large problems, should that course of action be required.

The peculiar horns on the top are shield pylons, the top of the vessel is completely smooth, and made out of the same material as the pylons.

The vessel is about 30 miles wide and the most common vessel of the vore fleet. They have insane accelleration (for the universe), and can approach within fractions of lightspeed in around 2 seconds, should they need to.

The power source, nobody knows, but it is known to be less than the vore's main rival's power generation from hypermatter-hyperantimatter reaction. A technology known only to the Kurgani, a reptilian species that's been at war with the vore for millenia.

Superliminal travel is, like most forms of ftl travel in my universe, hyperspace-based. There are different hyperspatial planes, each with their own set of physics, related to all the others, our plane of existence, the singularity source of the universe, and the planes of existence "below" ours. The weird planet you see in the background is the event horizon of the exit point of interdimensional travel.

My view of this universe can be summed up with the look of a cone. At the top, the singularity, the source of the universe, pure, universal energy in one infintesimally small point. Then it stretches out and on one plane within that cone is normal space, from our point of view. There are various other levels above and below ours where the natural chaos of the universe levels out into a stable plane that you can reach by the magic of the hyperdrive.

One point on one level will correspond to another point on another level, so by jumping to a higher plane, you can make the journey much faster. If you can jump to an even higher level (which takes far more energy) you can make an even quicker journey and have access to higher energy physics, with hypermatter corresponding to each hyperspatial level.

Of course, as well as spatial entities using these planes of existence, things have naturally evolved there too, so you've got to be careful.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

This is from an upcoming picture I'm drawing right now, it's rather enormous and I plan on having it extremely detailed by my standards.

This is just a tiny fraction of the overall thing, (blanked out the guide layer), but I think you can see now it's going to be a good one. She's going to be a dragon-themed elf woman with my hair, being blown by wind.

Oh, and I thought I'd post this again, since it didn't really get the full treatment of being in a multipic thread:

JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Jesus Christ these are great. Nice work. You should really decide to create a comic or even maybe a graphic novel.
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Hmmm... I like em, keep up the good work!

Do you use any inspiration for your work(models, pics), or is it straight from the head so to speak?
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

TheMuffinKing wrote:Hmmm... I like em, keep up the good work!

Do you use any inspiration for your work(models, pics), or is it straight from the head so to speak?
Mostly from the head (though lovecraft, fetish and doom-style soldiers and demons ideas predominate), the elf woman was actually inspired by some WoW artwork. You might be able to tell from her pose when it's done. ;)
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Dalton wrote:I keep saying that we need an SDN comic.
I've been in a webcomic based on a forum's denizens before. I got my arm cut off. :P Even without that, it really wasn't very good; you'd need someone with serious talent to pull it off. And I don't think doing it by committee would work too well either.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Heh; Great Cthulhu is starring at her tits.

I'm also looking forward to seeing your upcoming picture develope.
What is Project Zohar?

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Cthulhu: "Dude, looks like it's more than R'lyeh dead that's rising. I'm totally eating her first."
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Update on the elf woman:

It looks really cool without the guide layer, since the position of everything makes it look like the undrawn stuff is already there but invisible.

Edit: That's shoulder armour, by the way, if any of you are confused.
Last edited by Rye on 2006-04-06 07:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Rye, are you sure that's not a self-portrait? :P It's lovely!
Image Image
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Did a bit more, now added the feathers underneath the pauldrons, and of course, the boobies:

EDIT: Just changed the right boob a bit, it now looks a million times better to my perfectionist eye.

Oh and Jesus Christ, look how many people have viewed this thread! Not bad for 2 pages.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Okay, testing out an idea for a comic about this place. The idea is a sin city style futuristic film noir parody with various online personas as bases for the characters/events/etc. The art is intentionally messy, due to me being lazy. :P I felt like a stylistic change from the superdetailed elf woman i've not worked on for days due to being ill.

[img]put%20on%20next%20page%20[/img]

So yeah, there's going to be lots of satire, bullets, creationists and broads. I think I'll put myself in a satire of the strip bar scenes. ;)

edit: softened the lines a bit, i'm going to go out for a short while, but I'll get started on page 2 shortly. :D
Last edited by Rye on 2006-04-11 01:57pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Rofl, that's an awesome first page.

Try to soften the text block's borders though. Maybe just shading around them like the "SD.net Pop 2676" sign would work.