Nerd Shelves! (possibly pic-heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

Zaia wrote:And here I was thinking you didn't know how to read by the number of times you've posted threads in the wrong forum.
I'd slap you for that, except it would be masturbation.... 8)
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Some of my manga.

Some more of my manga, but not all of it (no pics of my untranslated manga or just a shitload more I had lying around the house in random spots or next to my bed.) Together these are about 2/3 of it though.

I have a bunch of normal books (such as all the Prachett novels) but they're on the same bookshelves as my parent's and my brother's stuff, so no go.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

:shock:

Wow. That's a lot of manga.
JME2
Emperor's Hand

`

Post by JME2 »

(Looks at Shep's things)

Holy shit Shep... :shock:
Last edited by JME2 on 2005-03-30 08:15pm, edited 1 time in total.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Zaia wrote:
fgalkin wrote:Because you're THAT girly compared to the rest of us nerds. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I guess so. :mrgreen:

By the way, did you see my Tolstoy?
Tolstoy in translation is not Tolstoy at all! :P

SHEPPY: Impressive.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

fgalkin wrote:
Zaia wrote:By the way, did you see my Tolstoy?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I'll be sure to get a copy in Russian, then. I'll probably understand just as much, and it'll add nicely to my growing collection of foreign language books. :P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Zaia wrote:
fgalkin wrote:
Zaia wrote:By the way, did you see my Tolstoy?

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
I'll be sure to get a copy in Russian, then. I'll probably understand just as much, and it'll add nicely to my growing collection of foreign language books. :P
You collect foreign books even though you can't understand them? You're weird. :P

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Awesome Shep, can you loan those books out?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Dorsk 81
Sith Devotee

Post by Dorsk 81 »

Dalton wrote:Image
That pic is me and my niece.
Good job you said that, I was thinking "Oh dear lord! Rob is going to eat that small child!"

Anyway...

Small amount of Manga, Preacher comics and that ticket at the top is from One Minute Silence.

And my Star Wars novels.
"I would, for instance, fellate a smurf before I pick death." Dylan Moran
"Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." Albert Einstein
EBC's Devonian Deviant | GALE's Supplementary Bi Brit | BoTM's Raw Recruit | GDC's Horny Delphinidae | I'm with RMA | CoIB
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Dorsk 81 wrote:
Dalton wrote:[img]<snip>[/img]
That pic is me and my niece.
Good job you said that, I was thinking "Oh dear lord! Rob is going to eat that small child!"
Smartass :P
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I'm just thinking I need to get my bookend/18th birthday present back from my parents....

erm what do you call a studio replica of "The Maltese Falcon" ?

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

This isn't thread necromancy, is it?
It is, but you're on topic, and I'm more lenient towards necromancy in here that's useful. -Beo.
Very, very interesting thread. I'd be very happy to see more people contributing. The geekiness factor of my shelves isn't all that high, however.

Image Image

Those John Woo movies and "Cross of Iron" DVD probably increase my geekiness factor at least by +1 ...
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

oooohhhh

The master (sam pechinpah) and the apprentice (woo) you like have the action sith double pack there.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

It's not shelves, but a cabinate I have. Yes that's all of TNG DS9, and most of Voyager on tape...
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

*shovels thanks at Beowulf's general direction*
The Yosemite Bear wrote:oooohhhh

The master (sam pechinpah) and the apprentice (woo) you like have the action sith double pack there.
:D
Yeah! The body count in those movies alone exceeds hundreds for sure. Graphic slow-motion violence is the way to go! Come to think of it, I don't think I own any movie on DVD where no one is killed. I still consider myself a very peaceful and friendly person, and I don't believe the movies have affected my psyche. Seriously! :)

I'll resume staring at my wallpaper beauty Norelle from "America's Next Top Model" . . .
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Alright, here's mine. I finally got around to getting a second bookshelf to house more of my stuff. I went ahead and took the picture today because I'm going to be lending out some of my DVDs tomorrow.

Obviously my two computers, both kick ass.

My brand new $30 bookshelf I picked up from Target today.

My old $30 bookshelf I picked up from Target almost two years ago.

Close up on the DVD collection. Thanks again to a certain philanthropist on this board who started my B5 DVD collection with S2.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Alas, my Collection is lacking in many things... But I gotsa lotsa of Comp games! Check out those Boxes! :lol:

Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Tranan
Jedi Knight

Post by Tranan »

My nerd space.

The flag is a gift frome the state department. after my scervice to them.

And yes thats a color laser printer.
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

A shelf full of my pretty things....

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

You guys are so organized! My crap is mixed up with all kinds of other genres! Star Wars stuff mixed in with Evil Dead movies, westerns mixed with Kevin Smith flicks...pure anarchy!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Laughing Mechanicus
Jedi Knight

Post by Laughing Mechanicus »

Firstly, my bookshelf with all our board games stacked atop it. The books are a mix of mine and my girlfriends. The big box on top at the back is the World of Warcraft board game, and the two identical boxes on top are boxes for World of Warcraft collectors edition.

This is my desk, with my plush Rodan, Cthulu and Nyarlathotep.

These three are the top shelf of my desk. The framed copy of Black & White 2 I recieved for the time I spent working on it last year.

Here's my selection of de-activated weaponry along with some of the tank models I've made on the mantle piece. The swords are all my girlfriends.

Indie game dev, my website: SlowBladeSystems. Twitter: @slowbladesys
Also officer of the Sunday Simmers, a Steam group for war game and simulation enthusiasts
Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

Most of my Geek Stuff takes the form of games and things to play them on these days, however!

Books!

Comics!

More Books!

DVDs!

Games and Magazines!

More Games, and media gear.

The crappy pictures are down to the shitty VGA resolution of my phone camera.
Lindar
Rabid Monkey

Post by Lindar »

*melts and feels jealous* If it wasn't for the fact i have nothing to really compare since am at school well... maybe i'll take pics of what i have here at school *bows down to Lady Z* You amaze me yet again.

and Ash, kuydos to you for the collection of, isn't it mcfarlene dragons?
the longer i wait,the more i forget.the more i forget, the longer the list of desires grows. for that which is wanted is forbidden. and we all know that forbidden fruit is often the sweetest.Don'tcha wish your g/f was a witch like me?~*~AYVBABTU
Laughing Mechanicus
Jedi Knight

Post by Laughing Mechanicus »

Lindar wrote:and Ash, kuydos to you for the collection of, isn't it mcfarlene dragons?
They certainly are, they were a valentines present from my girlfriend. I have all of series one except the box set one, I'm hoping to collect the rest - they are great for sketching.
Indie game dev, my website: SlowBladeSystems. Twitter: @slowbladesys
Also officer of the Sunday Simmers, a Steam group for war game and simulation enthusiasts
DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

I just noticed i missed out a whole shelve in those photos. I may also photograph my dvd colection tomorrow.