Pachelbel turns over in his grave. AND KILLS THINGS

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Pachelbel turns over in his grave. AND KILLS THINGS

Post by Chardok »

Because it's so goddamned cool. Seriously. Best Canon rendition ever.

Whoa.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

That's some excellent playing, there. Reminds me a lot of Dragonforce.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

It's been posted before with this version. Personally I think this one has a better guitar than the one you posted despite the horrible bed sheets in the video.
Last edited by Soontir C'boath on 2006-03-05 11:27am, edited 1 time in total.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Wow, that's pretty damn impressive.
JADAFETWA
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

That is amazing. It can lose the MIDI strings in the beginning, but other than that, I have absolutely no complaints. And the part where it restated the theme in -- is that a minor key? Awesome.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

Oh, wow. I love things like this. This is reminding me a lot of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, actually - it seems like something they'd do. They did this great Beethoven medley on one of their albums... anyway. Classical + rock = awesome.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Discombobulated wrote:Oh, wow. I love things like this. This is reminding me a lot of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, actually - it seems like something they'd do. They did this great Beethoven medley on one of their albums... anyway. Classical + rock = awesome.
My band did that only with classical + jazz + metal + deathgrind. :D Czech et Aout. We will work out how to play that without fucking up, one day.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Azazal
Jedi Council Member

Post by Azazal »

Discombobulated wrote:Oh, wow. I love things like this. This is reminding me a lot of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, actually - it seems like something they'd do. They did this great Beethoven medley on one of their albums... anyway. Classical + rock = awesome.

Listening to this, it sounded just like Trans-Sieberian to me as well. I still need to get a copy of their perfromance with Metallica
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Very nice, but all of the scratching and such sort of turns me off, and there were a few errors that sort of got at me.
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Surlethe wrote: And the part where it restated the theme in -- is that a minor key? Awesome.
Because harmonic minor makes everything cooler!
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

Hmm... It's good, but I think that part in the minor key sounds a little out of place :|
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

I would not be surprised if that kid has a collection of Yngwie Malmsteen albums.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

The only possible way for that to be cooler is if the kid was flying.

Also, Rye, that kicked ass.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

Saurencaerthai wrote:
Surlethe wrote: And the part where it restated the theme in -- is that a minor key? Awesome.
I would have preferred melodic minor there myself. The jump from the sixth to seventh tones always sounded a little bit out of place.
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Discombobulated wrote:
Saurencaerthai wrote:
I would have preferred melodic minor there myself. The jump from the sixth to seventh tones always sounded a little bit out of place.
It was just the slightest discombobulation (pardon, please) that gave that part of the song the perfect amount of spice.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Discombobulated wrote:
Saurencaerthai wrote:
Bah. Natural minor all the way. :twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I love the new link in your sig there Chardok!!
Awesome stuff ;)

Edit: Just watched the video and yeah that is awesome, *runs off to send it to all my guitar loving friends and family members* Thanks Chardok, that was cool to watch!
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Discombobulated wrote:
Saurencaerthai wrote:
Heh, I'm always a sucker for exoticism.
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Fucking sweet. I did get that trans-siberian orchestra vibe from it also.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
wolveraptor
Sith Marauder

Post by wolveraptor »

Taht was t3h 1337!!!!1111111oneoneonelevenplushift
"If one needed proof that a guitar was more than wood and string, that a song was more than notes and words, and that a man could be more than a name and a few faded pictures, then Robert Johnson’s recordings were all one could ask for."

- Herb Bowie, Reason to Rock
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

That was pretty freakin badass. I demand an MP3!
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

harmonic minor > melodic minor > natural minor

:D
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Seen it, saved it, very awesome.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Neko_Oni
Padawan Learner

Post by Neko_Oni »

:shock: That was awesome. There's some okay stuff on the rest of his site, though nothing compares to classical with electric guitar. I demand more!
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Hawkwings wrote:harmonic minor > melodic minor > natural minor

:D
Harmonic minor is for weak-eared sissies. Real men use the natural minor. 8)
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician