Bear McCreary Talks about nBSG music

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Grand Moff Yenchin
Sith Devotee

Bear McCreary Talks about nBSG music

Post by Grand Moff Yenchin »

The nBSG music composer talks!!

Legal MP3 from the station

The actual nBSG music starts at about 1:06:25 though. Most of them from the 2nd Season.
1st Plt. Comm. of the Warwolves
Member of Justice League
"People can't see Buddha so they say he doesn't have a body, since his body is formed of atoms, of course you can't see it. Saying he doesn't have a body is correct"- Li HongZhi
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Damn, they're releasing the cd in the summer! God, I want it now for the "Galactica Attacks" track. It's so frakkin awesome!
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

I hope S2 is a little more complete than S1; I really miss the bit of music from the first attack sequence in "33".

EDIT: This really is an awesome find though, thanks.
Admiral Valdemar
Outside Context Problem

Post by Admiral Valdemar »

I have the first season OST and am considering getting the mini OST, though it was a different guy (I do love the percussion combat music at the end of the mini during that final jump).

HIs combinations of various different ethnic musical types is great.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

"A Good Lighter" and all the Celtic themes attributed to the Adamas I find to be my favorites.

Although the heavy percussion reminds me of Halo 1 at times, which is very good :P
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Itô Doeblin
Redshirt

Post by Itô Doeblin »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:I [...] am considering getting the mini OST, though it was a different guy
According to IMDB, Gibbs and McCreary both worked on the mini-series.
Soontir C'boath wrote: God, I want it now for the "Galactica Attacks" track. It's so frakkin awesome!
It's in the linked file. You could just cut out the parts before and after it.
Uraniun235 wrote: This really is an awesome find though, thanks.
I'll second that.

Can anyone who has listened to the entire broadcast tell me how much McCreary spoils of the second part of season two? I've seen everything up to "Pegasus", and I'm hesitant to listen to the interview portions because I don't want to be spoiled.

Have a nice day,
Itô
Soontir C'boath
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Itô Doeblin wrote:
Soontir C'boath wrote: God, I want it now for the "Galactica Attacks" track. It's so frakkin awesome!
It's in the linked file. You could just cut out the parts before and after it.
Yes, I know it's in the file. Where do you think I got the title name from? :) I could cut it but usually these programs cost money and those that aren't are clumsy and they don't exactly cut where I want them to be. If you can direct me to a good free cutter, I'd be obliged.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

I could cut it but usually these programs cost money and those that aren't are clumsy and they don't exactly cut where I want them to be. If you can direct me to a good free cutter, I'd be obliged.
Audacity. Idiotproof and free.
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

I can't believe this guy is 26, and started working on nBSG at 24.

I guess working under Elmer Bernstein previously helps in the experience department, I guess.
Soontir C'boath

Bounty wrote:
I could cut it but usually these programs cost money and those that aren't are clumsy and they don't exactly cut where I want them to be. If you can direct me to a good free cutter, I'd be obliged.
Audacity. Idiotproof and free.
Wheee! Efficiently (hey, this word violates the i before e except c rule!) cut!

Thank you, Bounty!
Itô Doeblin
Redshirt

Post by Itô Doeblin »

Soontir C'boath wrote: Yes, I know it's in the file. Where do you think I got the title name from? :)
I suspected as much, but I couldn't figure out why, if you knew this, you didn't just cut the file to your needs. And then I got just plain confused...

Have a nice day,
Itô