Stargate Wars! Get enslaved now! the 2nd

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Oh fucking wow...

can I get an intel check when the game goes back up?
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

How do I get mercs? Are untrained mercs at all useful?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Dalton wrote:How do I get mercs? Are untrained mercs at all useful?
Go to the marketplace. There should be a link to the Mercenary marketplace where you can buy them.

And no, untrained mercs are not useful at all. They just sit around and boost your army size.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Oh, and in other news:
GameTime: 7:6:26
Turns: 174
Naquadah: 4,490,675,144,691,661,000
Time Chamber: 0
Next Turn: 25 min
this has to be a bug, but I used some of the naq to buy PPT just before the server went down just in case.
Last edited by Lancer on 2006-03-15 10:10am, edited 1 time in total.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

OK, so I have to buy them up quick before the other players get to them, I take it.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Dalton wrote:OK, so I have to buy them up quick before the other players get to them, I take it.
yup.
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

I seem to have missed all the fun of the bug. At least I was on PPT so I wasn't a target (even though a reset is likely here). I would like to be able to log in and see what all has happened to my account.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

What happened?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Darth Yoshi wrote:What happened?
It seems that there was a bug in the UU production for some players. They had numbers that were best represented in scientific notation. Some people, since they figured a reset was going to be happening, when and traded to get things like level 40 covert and quite large motherships. At least that's what I gathered from the SGW forums.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

well I haven't checked my account in like 12 hours.....

here's for hope.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

I'm getting a game maintenance message when I try to log in. Maybe someone fucked up on one of the new settings they added recently.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

It's been down since at least 8:30 this morning EST (so we're going on 8 hours downtime). I really hope this isn't wearing out my PPT, because I want to assign miners so I actually earn Naq during the treaty.....
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

I noticed the log in thing at about 7:30 EST, so that's another hour back. Forum put everyone on PPT for now, so your naq is safe. I'm thanking God on that one, I had about 2bill out in the open last time I checked.
Dear English speaking Internet users: please learn how to speak English.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

And we're back people. Litterally back. No, I'm serious I mean that we're back, back in time that is. :)
Dear English speaking Internet users: please learn how to speak English.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Ok...so we went back a pretty decent amount. So far that I having issues connecting. :) Hmm...let's see...new market SS, check...~6-10k fewer miners...Syntax is back to being my officer?...Dang it, I lost about 300 in UP there. Better then exploding bug thingy though.

And if anyone (re-)joined the alliance in the last 3-5 days, you'll have to do so again.
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Worked out a bit better for me, since the exchange rates were more beneficial at my end. UP's up to almost 2000/day, although I had to sacrifice 2/3 of my miners to do it.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Whoo, servers back up!

Still, I feel sad for losing spy level 45. Still, managed to get both spy and anti-spy up to 21.
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

12:30 tonight (AST) I'm going on a rampage. I expect at least one of my farms will have well over a billion by then.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
Darth Sephiroth
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Sephiroth »

How do I ascend in the game?
Need Backup!
My Employer ID is: 29877
See the New Imperium (Please check this out we need people there)
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

You know the glory rating on the main page? You need to build that up. You do by going up in the rankings.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

You have to be ranked about 800 or higher to get glory points.
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

I just hope I can mine enough naq to build a mothership before someone decides to raid my stash. ;) As it is, it'd take 110 days so needless to say I'm upping my unit production as fast as I can. ;) I've already maxxed out everything but "Unique" and "Mercenary Command". Though I did make the mistake of buying 39 untrained mercs. :P (though thats the only type that was available at the time) This is definitely different than Planetarion.

Guess I got lucky and didn't loose a damn thing since I was in vacation mode the whole time.
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Vertigo1 wrote:I just hope I can mine enough naq to build a mothership before someone decides to raid my stash. ;) As it is, it'd take 110 days so needless to say I'm upping my unit production as fast as I can. ;) I've already maxxed out everything but "Unique" and "Mercenary Command". Though I did make the mistake of buying 39 untrained mercs. :P (though thats the only type that was available at the time) This is definitely different than Planetarion.

Guess I got lucky and didn't loose a damn thing since I was in vacation mode the whole time.
If you're an Asgard, go for the Unique tech immediately. It's very useful and discourages a lot of attacks.

Other than that, boost UP as quickly as possible, and get your conventional forces fairly well set up before worrying about a mothership.

What I did was build up a "farm list" of about a dozen realms that had no defense and tended not to spend money quickly, then stored up 120 turns and nailed eight of them in two minutes, then quickly bought the mothership before someone could hit me while I had half a billion naq sitting around.
BattleTech for SilCore
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

Heh, the rollback rolled me back to before I lost the 22k spies!!! w00t w00t w00t
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

fuzzymillipede wrote:Heh, the rollback rolled me back to before I lost the 22k spies!!! w00t w00t w00t
Heh, that it did.
Covert Mission Report
Under the cover of night, your 25,000 Infiltration Units sneak into the realm of gizmo .
Your Infiltration Units move stealthily through the lands of gizmo undetected. They are able to gather many documents recording the status of weapons, army size and preparedness, and fortifications. Unfortunately, in order to avoid detection, they are not able to provide complete information. Your Chief of Intelligence provides you with the information gathered:

Army Size:
Unit Type
Attackers Defenders Untrained

bot 0 0 0
Units 0 0 10711
Human Form Units 4000 20000 100000

Military Stats
Strike Action: 6,144,000
Defensive Action 1,309,440,000
Covert Skill: 17
Covert Operatives: 150000

Anti-Covert Skill: 13