What would make a good nBSG crossover?

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

NecronLord wrote:TBH there's not much evidence that they pulled off any reverse engineering.
It is more of a case of what type of idiot provokes Crichton that baddly. Even without wormhole superweapons, just being able to transverse wormhole means he can time travel semi-reliably.
I was thinking more along the lines of a basestar attacking a command carrier. Followed by the basestar just disappearing completely in a frag cannon blast. :lol:
:twisted:
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Mmm... Starbuck in a prowler.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Really screw the cylons and humans over....NBSG Beserker crossover....who said all machine intelligences need work together?

There is also the NBSG Matrix crossover.......

CDylons being discovered by the 40k Imperium and converted to Imperial cult worship would be funny.... though not pratical.

NBSG Aliens crossover.......there are worse things than cylons out there
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Typhonis 1 wrote: CDylons being discovered by the 40k Imperium and converted to Imperial cult worship would be funny.... though not pratical.
The disproportionate amount of resources the Adeptus Mechanicus would mobilise to crush that (skinjobs are severe heresy to them) would be hilarious.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Typhonis 1 wrote:NBSG Aliens crossover.......there are worse things than cylons out there
Aliens worse than the Toasters? Thats a joke right?
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

Typhonis 1 wrote: NBSG Aliens crossover.......there are worse things than cylons out there
Nothing a bit of intelligence and nuclear stricks from orbit cant fix.
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

General_Soontir_Fel wrote:How about SW? Although it's hard to see a crossover method (other than the cliche wormhole). I am planning to do one eventually, set during the NJO.

What about setting it up in the unexplored region Thrawn was sent too? The area is a couple of sectors across ...they run into the Remnant under Pelleon...and get assistance with the Toasters. Course there will also be comparisons with the Clone Wars but that is neither here nor there.

As for Aliens being worse...in a way they are least the toasters only want very healthy an fit human females for reproduction and the females have a chance of surviving giving birth.
Black Mage,

Hot Hands Harry
Youngling

Post by Hot Hands Harry »

How about a crossover with Battle Tech. Now that I think about it they would match pretty well. The nBSG could be the descendents of a colony fleet (Greek) that miss jumped before the formatting of the Star League. But unlike the Inner Sphere did not loose its tech in the secession wars.
SpecWar826
Youngling

Post by SpecWar826 »

Hot Hands Harry wrote:How about a crossover with Battle Tech. Now that I think about it they would match pretty well. The nBSG could be the descendents of a colony fleet (Greek) that miss jumped before the formatting of the Star League. But unlike the Inner Sphere did not loose its tech in the secession wars.
now thats not a bad idea // jumps around of thinking about stomping on cylons with a madcat or atlas mech//
CHANCE FAVORS THE PREPARED MIND
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Bad idea....could the Cylons hack the BMs to shut em down?
Black Mage,

Hot Hands Harry
Youngling

now thats not a bad idea // jumps around of thinking about stomping on cylons with a madcat or atlas mech//
That would be cool. The Battle Tech mech should do well against Cylon infantry but would get there ass kicked in space. Basically a Cylon Centurion is just a more advanced mech in a smaller (thus less armored and fire power) chaise. The Cylons would always have a range advantage.

If I was to do a Fan fic cross over I would do it during the Clan invasion. Have the Colonel fleet come in from below (the opposite direction of the clans) and find a outer rim Fed Com world.

It would be evidently apparent that the IS powers were less advanced then the Colonel fleet (and in strange ways to) but still based on the same tech tree.

Like a jump ship has a crappy recharge rate and has to use a sail to recharge but has a 30 light year range compared to the Colonel jump range of about 10 per jump. But both would still use the same kind of FTL style.

In my fic I would have it that if they took a Raptor computer and jump engine hock it into a Jumpship so it would be able to monitor it recharge rate with its fusion engine (with no risk of it exploding). Making the jump ship able to make a jump every day instead of a week or more.

So the Colonel fleet could bargain with tech for aid. This would also help the IS get more advance before the Cylons show up. But when they do planets are going to get nuked and the IS kicked hard but its just to big and advent ally the IS would rally enough Old but modified to nBSG levels to kick them back.
Hot Hands Harry
Youngling

Typhonis 1
Bad idea....could the Cylons hack the BMs to shut em down?
I don’t think so. BM are like the Galactica but not on purpose. I don’t think they can even receive commands from outside. BM barely have IFF if I remember my Battle Tech right and make use of jamming. I think that BM are just too dumb to be easily hacked and anyway the Colonels would have warned them about it anyway.