New feature and new pics (now a photoshop challenge!)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

New feature and new pics (now a photoshop challenge!)

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ok, so I just found this new feature on photobucket.com and wanted to try it out so I made a few of what they call a "Bucket Strips"

We have to do links cause it won't work on message boards as far as I can tell.

We had a Pirate themed Party for our son's 5th birthday

This is our daughter having a bath

This is a bunch of pictures of our family cuddling and just being together

These are pics of our kids together in the bath

So cool! Cute pics eh guys :teeth:
Last edited by Mrs Kendall on 2006-03-20 10:33am, edited 1 time in total.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Cute family. :D

And the presence of one of the cats was appreciated. :)
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

You just love our cats don't ya :)

That pic of our kitten sleeping on our son's pillow was taken lastnight, that's the first time we've seen her sleeping there, it's almost like she's protecting him :teeth:
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Well, it isn't a Ms. Kendall picture thread without a picture of a cat. :lol:
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Mrs Kendall wrote:You just love our cats don't ya :)
They're criminally cute. Not my fault. I plead innocence.
That pic of our kitten sleeping on our son's pillow was taken lastnight, that's the first time we've seen her sleeping there, it's almost like she's protecting him :teeth:
My cat sleeps like that on my head, I never thought of it as protective though. Hurts like crazy when you've got long hair.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Well, it isn't a Ms. Kendall picture thread without a picture of a cat. :lol:
What can I say, I love my cats :teeth:
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Gandalf wrote:
Mrs Kendall wrote:You just love our cats don't ya :)
They're criminally cute. Not my fault. I plead innocence.
Awww thanks :) I happen to think so as well :)
My cat sleeps like that on my head, I never thought of it as protective though. Hurts like crazy when you've got long hair.
I know! She used to sleep on my hair, she wasn't happy unless she was on top of a chunk of my hair if she was to sleep there :) Silly kitty.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

OMG SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Your kids are rambunctious and your hubby makes a great pirate!

MORE KITTY PICS!
Image Image
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Sorry Einy and everyone else, I've shown all the pictures we have taken of the kitties so far. I'll take some more when I see cuteness happening and will post them as soon as I can afterwards. It's the best I can do.

EDIT: BTW How does everyone like the treasure map invitations I made for his party? It's in the Pirate Party link
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

What was the treasure map for in the party?
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

It's in the pictures there in the Pirate party link. It's yellow. BTW if you can't see the pictures you can click on them to see a close up.

EDIT: It seems it doesn't work to have a close up anymore, so I'll just post the full picture here

Click on the thumbnail to see a closer view
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ok, I just remembered that I have lots of new pics of our kitten playing with her ball, now I just have to wait until I can get on the computer that has them on it. I'll update asap for those of you who want more kitty pics :teeth:
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

That's a nifty 'X marks the spot' invite, and that's a LOT of cat.
I envy you, Mrs Kendall.
Out of curiosity how did you do the colouring around the edges? It CAN'T be actual scorching as that would be black as opposed to blue.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Batman wrote:That's a nifty 'X marks the spot' invite, and that's a LOT of cat.
I envy you, Mrs Kendall.
Really? Hmmm neat :)
Out of curiosity how did you do the colouring around the edges? It CAN'T be actual scorching as that would be black as opposed to blue.
Actually the burnt part you're reffering to is actually burnt, it may look blue to you cause of the flash on the camera. I burnt the edges with my lighter in the bathroom with the water running in case I set a fire :lol:

The people who got them in the mail all said they were upset that there was black stuff all over them when they opened up the envelope but the awesomeness of the invitation made up for it and they all said it was the best thing they've seen in a while :)

Sorry but that's the most proof I can give you aside from my husband telling you that I did indeed burn the edges ;)
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Batman wrote:That's a nifty 'X marks the spot' invite, and that's a LOT of cat.
I envy you, Mrs Kendall.
No it's actual scorching, she burned the edges of the paper with a lighter.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

And that, as they say, was that. If somebody savvy in cameraology wanders by I'd like an explanation on why the scorched black turned blue in the pics but otherwise Woah.
Giving pirate party invites a scorched look by...scorching them is awesome.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

Yeah, I'm with Batman on the scorching-love. That was awesome.

And I love the phrase "Waterfalls of DOOM".
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Yeah I know, I'm wndering why it turned it blue myself. But I can assure you it is scorched.

The only thing I regret is not making it look wrinkly like it was crushed as well. But hey the party is over the invitations were made almost a month ago so there's no point in stewing over what I didn't think of at the time ;)
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Discombobulated wrote:Yeah, I'm with Batman on the scorching-love. That was awesome.

And I love the phrase "Waterfalls of DOOM".
My neice was over just the other night and our kids have been obsessed with these treasure maps. Ive drawn at least 10 on top of all the invitations in the last 3 weeks, anyway my neice was over for dinner and after dinner the three of them set up a treasure hunt in my daughters bedroom, my neice put ribbon from the ballons on the rocking chair and a sweater on the floor with our son's toy crocodile peeking out from under the rocking chair and that was her Waterfalls of Doom in 3D :) That was so smart of her, I probably wouldn't have the imagination to think of that :) But then again I'm not 9 years old anymore ;) I should have taken a picture of that!

Anyway, Thanks :)
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Just to make an ass
Ahem.
more of an ass of myself I'll just complain that that map lacks Eel-infested Waters and the Cliffs of Insanity. :P
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ok Ok, no need to make me feel worse about what I could have thought of. :P
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Ok So some of you have mentioned that you don't like the new feature and neither do I so it's back to clickable thumbnails for Mrs.Kendall ;)

Please excuse the mess of my carpet and parts of my floor as that was my cleaning day (the kids were in school and daycare). I just didn't get to the cleaning before this kitten went crazy, this was the first time we saw her doing this so I had to ignore the mess and take full advantage of her being in a silly mood :)

EDIT: P.S. I would absolutely love it if someone could make a funny photoshop of the first picture ;) It's just the hilarious look on her face, you know what I mean :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
This is a rare occurance as well so I cropped myself out of it as I was wearing pijamas :)

There, for you Mrs.Kendall's cat lovers ;) I hope you enjoy :teeth:
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

You'd best be using this as your avatar, Mrs K. ... .
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Hahahahahahaha! :) Thanks Surly :)

Anyone else care to try?

Oh yes and maybe I'll have you make that an avatar for me ;)

Edit: Maybe edit the date out of it and it would be funnier :teeth:
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Mrs Kendall wrote:Hahahahahahaha! :) Thanks Surly :)
My pleasure, Mrs K.
Oh yes and I'd love to have you make that an avatar for me ;)
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass