Favorite Compilation Soundtracks

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Ah and how could I forget Mortal Kombat? Great movie, great soundtrack.
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Durandal wrote:Ah and how could I forget Mortal Kombat? Great movie, great soundtrack.
Seconded x2.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Thirded. But then, I forgot 'The Lost Boys', so I'm doomed anyway.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

'The Big Chill'
'Office Space'
'Forrest Gump'

*kicks to AMP*
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

I'm gonna add two I liked that haven't been mentioned:
Rocky IV and Remember the Titans. Rocky IV's soundtrack is perfect. Delightfully corny, bombastic music for a delightfully corny, bombastic movie. Remember the Titans, I think, mixed actual songs with a pretty good score.
Oberleutnant
Jedi Council Member

Post by Oberleutnant »

Stigmata
Extremely atmospheric and goth-like. Plenty of beautiful and powerful songs.

Snatch
Already mentioned here, but still worthy for second time. The Stranglers' always excellent "Golden Brown" and Massive Attack's "Angel" (the song from their best album "Mezzaine") are the high points of this one. The slow-motion scene in the movie where Turkish's voiceover explains what might happen to Tommy if the gypsies decide to get ugly and "Golden Brown" plays in the background... Fantastic stuff.

Almost forgot Madonna's "Lucky Star" from the same OST. Makes you want to snap your fingers at the tune and sing in karaoke. So eighties it's beyond belief.
"Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

Mortal Kombat I definitely agree with. Same with Top Gun

Others I like include:
Shrek
Shrek 2
Titan A.E. - some people will probably hate me for this one, but there are a bunch of songs I really like. This is actually the first CD I bought for myself.
Forrest Gump
Rocky III - other Rocky soundtracks as well, probably, but this is the only one I own
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

TheBlackCat wrote:Mortal Kombat I definitely agree with. Same with Top Gun
I also follow the flow with this. How can you not love a CD with not only the Mortal Kombat theme, but great songs by Bile, Fear Factory and Napalm Death? I applaud any film with the sheer balls to have Napalm Death on their soundtrack.
Titan A.E. - some people will probably hate me for this one, but there are a bunch of songs I really like. This is actually the first CD I bought for myself.
It's got Powerman 5000's The End is Over on it, and that is one of my favourite PM5k songs.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Danny Bhoy
Jedi Knight

Post by Danny Bhoy »

Zaia wrote:'The Big Chill'
'Office Space'
'Forrest Gump'

*kicks to AMP*
If the Big Chill is the one that's essentially a Motown compilation with Procol harum on it, that was fucking great. Big Smokey Robinson fan.

Enjoyed Forrest Gump for the 60s tracks, likewise 1969 (which contained a hard to find piece by the lead singer of the Animals "When I was Young") and Veetnam war flicks like Platoon and Hamburger Hill which also had great 60s pieces.

One of my fondest memories of military service was a party in an AFV laager during an exercise in Queensland which essentially recreated the Underworld scene in Platoon with Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit shrieking and Smokey's Track of my tears crooning from the speakers (run off from a bank of spare batteries from my repair track.