Ever get a song stuck in your head?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alex Moon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Alex Moon »

Brazil '66 Pretty World
Warwolves | VRWC | BotM | Writer's Guild | Pie loves Rei
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

I once browsed the board late one night, while stuck in my head was the shrill sing-songy repetition of:

"A tisket, a tasket, I lost my yellow basket, a tisket, a tasket, I lost my yellow basket..."

And so on for over an hour.
By His Word...
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

This would be my first music thread, Zaia. But I will make sure to put them into AMP if I make any more. Sorry for the hassle.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Davis 51
Jedi Master
Location: In that box, in that tiny corner in your garage, with my laptop, living off Dogfood and Diet Pepsi.

Post by Davis 51 »

FFVII: Advent Children: "One Winged Angel"
Cowboy Bebop: "Call Me Call Me"
Train: "Drops of Jupiter"
Brains!
"I would ask if the irony of starting a war to spread democracy while ignoring public opinion polls at home would occur to George W. Bush, but then I check myself and realize that
I'm talking about a trained monkey.
"-Darth Wong
"All I ever got was "evil liberal commie-nazi". Yes, he called me a communist nazi."-DPDarkPrimus
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

I should be crucified for forgetting this one:
I had it stuck at times in my head for years [since I was a baby, (My dad played it over my cradle, I loved it apparently)], I only learned it's name when I was about 11 :
David Bowie: "Space oddity" ("Ground Control to Major Tom, your signals dead, is there something wrong, can you hear me Major tom, Can you hear me Major tom, Can you hear, me floating out the window...").
Also "Yellow Submarine" was once stuck in my head for ages when in Eilat, Israel [they have a ride in a real yellow Submarine there].
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Your parents played "Space Oddity" to you when you were a baby?

That actually explains quite a bit...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Your parents played "Space Oddity" to you when you were a baby?
I Usually (& Still) prefer classic music, but apparently I loved "Space oddity" as a baby.
My dad's a pretty Big David Bowie & Brunce Springsteen fan, so I must have heard it as a toddler and liked it. :P
That actually explains quite a bit...
Says the man who thinks that NGE should win an Oscar, and that "CAT'" should win an Emmy :P [Sarcasm]
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

all the freaking time

and with me it can run the entire gamout including:

Bawdy sea chanties while at work: dammit I have a song stuck in my head, and I can't sing it because the corus goes "The Whore, The Whore, stick it in pull it out, it's time for fucking, not fucking about!"

Blues

Jazz (somehow I got away with playing "Strange Fruit" in front of coustomers)

Three Penny Opera (though we never get to play "jelousy duet" or "solomon's song" because everyone claims "Mack the Knife" is overplayed. <thus they have never heard the real lyrics>

various classic rock & metal

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

I do recall the time we cooks an bartenders tortured a boss while all the kitchen stuff was breaking down, and we were having to appologize to the guests.

first while the cooks were hitting the fryer's with chemical fire extinguishers

That's the sound of the men working on the chain gang

boss: stop that it makes it sound like I'm treating you like slaves!

immediatly we look at each other and launch into

Let my people go. (did I mention the oven and the fryers are shooting up 5 foot flames at this point)

boss: that's worse!

after the firefighter tells the boss that he can't just keep us working and has to shut down the place for 48 hours. We sing to the people in the parking lot.

Hakuna Matata.

I swear something about disney songs they should be banned as an anti diabetic addictive substance.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
mjn6172
Padawan Learner

Post by mjn6172 »

I've had the themesong from Kingdom Hearts stuck in my head all morning. It's my own fault for listening to it while I was getting ready for work this morning, but I'm all excited over Kingdom Hearts II coming out this week. Now I suffer with it stuck in my head :D

When you walk away / You don't hear me say / Please / Oh, baby, don't go / Simple and clean is the way / That you're making me feel tonight / It's hard to / Let it go
Clever and witty signature to be inserted here, just as soon as I think of one.
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

Fuck you mjn... That's stuck in my head now!

Aside from that, the last one was Paradise by the Dashboard Light..

:kill: :cry:
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

Mr. Coffee wrote:This would be my first music thread, Zaia. But I will make sure to put them into AMP if I make any more. Sorry for the hassle.
Sorry for being bitchy about it if this was your first offense. I thought you had made another music thread in OT within the past month. My mistake.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

Utsanomiko wrote:I once browsed the board late one night, while stuck in my head was the shrill sing-songy repetition of:

"A tisket, a tasket, I lost my yellow basket, a tisket, a tasket, I lost my yellow basket..."

You think that's bad, try having "There's a Hole in my Bucket" stuck in your head.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Is there anyone who hasn't had a song stuck in his/her head at one time or another? I don't have one currently but a couple of weeks ago the answer would have been Kari Kimmel's Seattle song (yes, I'm looking at you, Lindar).
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
CarsonPalmer
Jedi Master

Post by CarsonPalmer »

The Final Countdown, of course remains stuck in one's head for days on end. In the Jungle does the same thing to me (Weemawaka, Weemawaka), so does The Eye Of The Tiger, especially parodies of it, like The Rye or The Kaiser and Glenn...Glenn Glenn Glenn. But the torture comes from Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini and Mellow Yellow. Sunshine Superman too.

On a side note, having seen Reservoir Dogs before a football game, then hearing Stuck in the Middle With You in a restaurant while eating the next day does wonders for your appetite.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

TheBlackCat wrote:
Utsanomiko wrote:I once browsed the board late one night, while stuck in my head was the shrill sing-songy repetition of:

You think that's bad, try having "There's a Hole in my Bucket" stuck in your head.
If it's not a five-second loop of screechy five-year olds, I can't give a damn. :P

Unless it's "I've got a brand new pair of rollerskates".
By His Word...
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

CarsonPalmer wrote:The Final Countdown, of course remains stuck in one's head for days on end.
YES!!!! Best song ever. :P
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

Utsanomiko wrote:If it's not a five-second loop of screechy five-year olds, I can't give a damn. :P

Unless it's "I've got a brand new pair of rollerskates".
Imagine taking Lamb Chop's "The Song That Never Ends", then making it 10x more inane, about 3 times longer, and turn it into a duet. That will give you an idea.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Uts is actually familiar with "There's a Hole in My Bucket." He was a kid, afterall. :P
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

And I'm most definitely familiar with "The Song That Doesn't End.'" That's a fun song, barely a tenth as inane as my example, and certainly lasts longer than 5 seconds. In fact I'd still want to have a rock/slightly-punk version produced, along with "John Jacob Junior Heimmer Schmidt".
By His Word...
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

Oops, my apologies. My impression at other forums had been that other people didn't know the song.
-Richard Dawkins
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Parabola by TOOL
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

The other day, with no prompting, the song "Angry Young Man" by Styx just started playing in my head and refused to stop. It did eventually.
The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

In word, YES!

Anything from the stupid, like the theme to that silly cartoon "Rocko's Modern Life" to sad like Harry Chapin's "Cat's In The Cradle" to upbeat like "It's In The Rain" by Enya to dark like "Angels" by Within Tempation, or "Nemo" by Nightwish, to powerful like "Dust In The Wind" by Kansas or "Who Wants To Live Forever?" by Queen to almost anything I've heard. Often the song fits my mood, or even some kind of theme for the day--if I'm going on the plane to fly across the country I might get "Long Long Journey" by Enya in my head, if I have an insane amount of work to do I might get "Carry On My Wayward Son" by Kansas. If I'm depressed I'm more likely to get "What Kind Of Man Is He?" or "If Wishes Were Fishes" by Eric Bogle, or maybe "In The Air Tonight" by Phil Collins. If I'm happy or energetic I get songs to reflect that and so on.
"Do not worry, I have prepared something for just such an emergency."

"You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?!"

"That is correct!"

"How do you plan for that?"

"Uh... lucky guess?"
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Right now, it's Funktastic by Rip Slyme from Lemon Demon's Funk Vs. Earth flash on Newgrounds. Shit, this song kicks ass!
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.