Behold, AFRICA (Tanzania+Zanzibar) [bandwidth warning!]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Behold, AFRICA (Tanzania+Zanzibar) [bandwidth warning!]

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

At last, due to the useful quickr pickr I can show you my pictures from the dark continent :twisted: .
Sorry for the pathetic original resolution of some of the pictures, but you try a 7-8 day vacation with 5 other camera hoggers and a single 256MB card.

The pics below are resized small, and at a relatively lower quality
Follow the links ate the bottom for the Real pictures.
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2006-03-31 01:13am, edited 7 times in total.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

snip.
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2008-04-15 02:23pm, edited 4 times in total.
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

please delete.
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2006-03-30 02:43pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photography
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Delete
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2006-03-30 02:16pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photography
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

WHOA! Awesome pics. But, you may want to just hotlink those. Even my connection here at work (BIG TRUNK) had trouble with all of that. but thanks....those are AWESOME! especially the monkey (who is so obviously plotting something.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

go to picasa, lazy bums. EDIT
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2008-04-15 02:23pm, edited 3 times in total.
Photography
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Chardok wrote:WHOA! Awesome pics. But, you may want to just hotlink those. Even my connection here at work (BIG TRUNK) had trouble with all of that. but thanks....those are AWESOME! especially the monkey (who is so obviously plotting something.
I genrtaed the code with Quickr, but if it is that bad then I could disable the bbcode in the posts, or just provide a link to the flickr photoset holding the pictures initially in thumbnail form.
Also, the monkey is EVIL, he sat in my closet :twisted: [and we caught his "dad" Masturbating non stop, charming things].

EDIT: Pics changed, links added

I have only posted shrunken, mutilated versions of the pictures, for full size, real quality versions either visit the links, or this thread or the Africa set on my Flickr account.
Last edited by The Grim Squeaker on 2006-03-30 03:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
Photography
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Oh, the size and slowness doensn't bother me much, I just don't want you to get dog-piled despite your warning (Other SDNite are not as forgiving as I am, Commander.). But, I'm a big fan of Hi-res images, anyway, I want to be able to pick out little details and stuff. I'm just weird like that. I look at leaves, and dirt, and see if I can see neat rocks that aren't immediately obvious in the main subject of the picture.

(For instance, the pattern on the giraffe in the 2nd picture containing a giraffe is particularly interesting...it looks like a jigsaw with the pieces spread just a bit away from each other...like it would all fit together if you wanted it. If it wasn't such a hi-res image, I might not even give it a second glance.)
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Cool pictures.

It seemed that as I was going through them that just as I thought I'd seen enough something new and unexpected would show up.

Thanks for posting those.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Tsyroc wrote:Cool pictures.

It seemed that as I was going through them that just as I thought I'd seen enough something new and unexpected would show up.

Thanks for posting those.
The pleasure is all mine.
Now, o benevolent mods, Can I post a slightly larger version of the pictures [non thumbnail size, meaning small-medium resizing] if I add anew the 56k warning in the title?
PLEASE :angelic: :luv: , I can't stand seeing my pictures in such a tiny mutilated form, although at the resize size they'll still be shadows of their former selves, it's still better than this travesty. :)
Photography
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Can't people look at the huge versions by clicking on the links provided in the later post?

That's what I did since the thumbnails weren't working when I popped into this thread.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Tsyroc wrote:Can't people look at the huge versions by clicking on the links provided in the later post?

That's what I did since the thumbnails weren't working when I popped into this thread.
They can click on the 100+ links, but the current pics are awful, I don't want to show the full size pictures, just a slightly larger version so that people can see at least something resembling a preview rather than the current thumbnail sized versions.

I meant thumbnails in terms of size, the pictures themselves are not links, the links are the dozens of urls under the pictures.
Photography
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Added a resize of the pictures to large [not original size, but it's reasonable now].
Photography
TheBlackCat
Padawan Learner

Post by TheBlackCat »

DEATH wrote: Also, the monkey is EVIL, he sat in my closet :twisted: [and we caught his "dad" Masturbating non stop, charming things].
Yeah, and they are really sneaky and try to run off with your food if you don't watch them very carefully.
When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
-Richard Dawkins
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Damn, son! Maybe you should put a DSL warning in the title, too. This thread ate my computer for breakfast. For breakfast!

Nice pictures, though.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Fantastic photos. Great stuff!
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

DesertFly wrote:Damn, son! Maybe you should put a DSL warning in the title, too. This thread ate my computer for breakfast. For breakfast!

Nice pictures, though.
Thanks.
It loaded up fine for me on a 1 mbps connection while downloading heavily and sharing the connection with 5 other computers, 3 of them heavy downloaders, and it is a special warning, still I could add a
Sub-DSL warning!
to the title instead of the 56k warning, would that be good?
Fantastic photos. Great stuff!
And thanks to you too :D
Photography
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Fucking awesome!
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

i didn't think it was possible, but you melted my Motorolla surfboard with those pics, and i have a 750 meg cable line.
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

Great pictures, looks like a trip of a lifetime.

On a somewhat related note, did you know there's a stripjoint in Toronto called the Zanzibar?
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P