Hairspray is Love -- Art Thread 4 (56k erk)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Naw Pick, I love the new Edge picture!
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Kuja wrote:"I love you." "You scare me."

LOL! Though I've been in Hoquer's position a couple of times myself and it is definately not a fun one. :D
:lol: I imagine not!

She's fighting quite the uphill battle, isn't she? 8) I wonder if she'll come out victorious....

Reasonably Sizeable Spoiler- Oh hell no, she won't. What the fuck? He thinks she's terribly annoying, among other (even greater) reasons.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

[im
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:38pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Increasingly impressive with each update, Pick. Really, I can't wait for the final work. :)

Have you worked out what he'll be wearing?
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Increasingly impressive with each update, Pick. Really, I can't wait for the final work. :)

Have you worked out what he'll be wearing?
Why, only his outfit proper :D. Red robe with golden bands, sandy-colored pants, a black wrap around one shin ...

:twisted:
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Thats shaping up quite nicely!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Progression
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:38pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Very nice sculpturing of his facial structure. :)
The ears look a bit out of whack, of course, but as you say, that should clear up when its more completed and connected.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Where'd you get the teeth?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Groovy. 8)

/me tries to pump shotgun for Ash-effect, but unable to due to lack of said shotgun.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Where'd you get the teeth?
The teeth on the side are old beads I wanted to incorperate for old time's sake. The rest are just sculpted :).
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

That's rather incredible, because they look quite real.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

In the spirit of April Fool's fuckta
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Hah! My request from Spamworld has been fulfilled!
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

skyman8081 wrote:Hah! My request from Spamworld has been fulfilled!
Actually I'm usually very good about taking sketch requests of my characters, no matter how insane or risque. I love all of you guys who like my characters enough to ask for pictures of them :wink:.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

As predicted, I didn't get it. :?
Still, I think I understood the last part, a bit too well...

:P
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:As predicted, I didn't get it. :?
It's very common in girl's anime for there to be implied or gag homosexuality for the fangirls :wink:. Kind of like in boy's series where the girl walks in and the guy has her panites on his head for a perfectly innocent reason but it gets caught out of context :P.

Seriously, look up Meine Liebe. You'll get what I mean :lol:.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Pick wrote:It's very common in girl's anime for there to be implied or gag homosexuality for the fangirls :wink:. Kind of like in boy's series where the girl walks in and the guy has her panites on his head for a perfectly innocent reason but it gets caught out of context :P.

Seriously, look up Meine Liebe. You'll get what I mean :lol:.
I haven't seen Meine Liebe, but I have seen Weiss Kreuz and I know exactly what you mean. Though I'm not sure there was anything implied about it. I honestly think that their little group was the Assassin's version of the Village People. The long haired guy was walking around in a girls belly shirt, for Pete's sake.

This also lines up with my theory that Square Enix has abandoned making games that have a coherant plot or appeal to the male demographic and is just making games for the specific purpose to provide material for their fangirl's slash fics.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Though I'm not sure there was anything implied about it. I honestly think that their little group was the Assassin's version of the Village People.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The thought had never crossed my mind, actually. :?

However, gay or not, with that hair, he looks like a hippie. And a cross one at that. Hardly a good look for a Llanellian. :P
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

[quote="Noble Ire"
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

g]

And for something a little more serious.

Completely digital. Opencanvas 4.
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Very nice, especially for full digital.
Umber really has had a tough time of it all. :?
The Rift
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

That's cool as hell, wouldn't look out of place in Sin City. The book "The Art of Sin City" is worth a good look, by the way.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Very nice, especially for full digital.
Umber really has had a tough time of it all. :?
Well, his design lends him to great pictures like this. I initially designed him with the direct intent for him to be essentially monochrome (and god I love monochromes!) That is why he, of all the characters, translates most accurately to comic format :).

And yes, Umber has it rather rough comparatively. Thankfully, he's patient, tolerant, and intelligent --no matter how impossible the situation.

(edit- fixed up a bit that was compositionally bugging me)