40K Drawings; Terminator added

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

I figured out your problem. The line on My Left/His Right for the Head Box thing isn't matching with the other one. The lines show it as being slightly 3 dimensional, but your drawing shows only 1 side (thus 2 dimensional). Further, they both appear to Slant towards and away the camera differently because of the ways they occlude the other part of the Head Box Thing.

Fix that line on the left to create symmetry and it will look more real.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

MRDOD wrote:I figured out your problem. The line on My Left/His Right for the Head Box thing isn't matching with the other one. The lines show it as being slightly 3 dimensional, but your drawing shows only 1 side (thus 2 dimensional). Further, they both appear to Slant towards and away the camera differently because of the ways they occlude the other part of the Head Box Thing.

Fix that line on the left to create symmetry and it will look more real.
/looks/ I'll be damned. You're right, it's askew.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
haas mark
Official SD.Net Insomniac

Post by haas mark »

One word came to my mind immediately: Gorilla.

Either the legs are too short, or the arms are too long.

The head, it looks too deep into the ... cavity? But that's because it's too darkly shaded in there. Try using a different kind of technique, possibly varying the shades of grey/black inside that neck part.

The background's lack of detail is a little odd, and the outlines are too harsh there.

The shoulderplates are pretty awesome, sans a few minor detail things that could be adjusted.
Robert-Conway.com | lunar sun | TotalEnigma.net

Hot Pants à la Zaia | BotM Lord Monkey Mod OOK!
SDNC | WG | GDC | ACPATHNTDWATGODW | GALE | ISARMA | CotK: [mew]

Formerly verilon

R.I.P. Eddie Guerrero, 09 October 1967 - 13 November 2005

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

More than anythnig else, the torso is way too wide.

Even if you're going for greater proportions than the miniatures, the length of the legs, size of the arms, and just about everything else would need to be increased to match properly. He's far too barrel-chested as is.
By His Word...
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Yeah, you're right. I couldn't find any good pictures of Termies last night while I was drawing that, so I was going from memory. Helmet's not big enough, either, and the legs could stand to be thicker.

Memo to self: Next time check the GW site itself, dumbass...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.