What bands do you hate?

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

What bands do you hate?

Post by RedImperator »

In the spirit of a few "What ______ do you hate?" threads, here's a music thread on the same lines. Here's my contribution, brought on by listening to some fanwhore's e-mail being read aloud by a local DJ....

<frothing rage>
I hate Creed. Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate Creed.

They're awful. The instrumentals are uninspired and nothing we haven't heard 10,000 times in the last decade. The lyrics are limp at best and infantile at worst. And the lead singer sounds like a washing machine with an unbalanced load. Here's a hint, pal: spit Eddie Vedder's dick out of your mouth and try again. Maybe you won't suck quite so much (unintentional pun).

But Creed would merely be another lousy prepackaged corporate "rock" band if it weren't for two things: radio station program directors that think we want to hear Creed 19 times a day, and screaming pubescent fanboys (actually, fangirls mostly) who've just grown out of the Backstreet Boys and have taken their rabid, slobbering fanaticism with them and applied it to a new worthless shitty band. Case in point: I was driving along, scanning through the radio stations, and as I went around the dial through every FM station in Philadelphia, I heard Creed FOUR TIMES. FOUR! Further case in point: a local rock radio station has banned all Creed between the hours of 7 PM and midnight (I suggested between midnight and midnight, but nobody listens to me). This is delightful. Naturally, the Creed-wankers have called and e-mailed the station to bitch. "You assholes! Creed is the best fucking band out there! They always have a positive message, you fucking dickheads!" screeches one, apparently immune to irony. I've got a positive message for you bitch: you're positively stupid if you can't figure out that Creed is being played on, oh, I don't know, EVERY OTHER FUCKING RADIO STATION IN THE WORLD. Urgh. Creed and their Creed-whore fans.
</frothing rage>
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Captain tycho
Has Elected to Receive

Post by Captain tycho »

I just hate N'sync.
The music is just blah, I hate their personalities, and I hate their fan-type.
' Ohhh, he's sooooo cute, blah blah blah blah....'
Ughh, gag me. :evil:
Captain Tycho!
The worst fucker ever!
The Best reciever ever!
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

Kid Rock. If the guy could do anything but sing about himself he might be somewhat cool.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Rage Against the Machine, for bringing braindead radical politics back into mainstream music.

Good Charlotte, Blink 182, all of this pop-punk crap that dominates MTV.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

irishmick79 wrote:Kid Rock. If the guy could do anything but sing about himself he might be somewhat cool.
Indeed, I don't think Kid Rock has yet released a single that does not deal with the exclusive subject of himself.

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Sissy boybands and all the other untalented, manufactured bands on MTV.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Any band that was brought together by a music company bootliker and forst upon the public at large.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Metallica for killing Napster and sleeping with the RIAA
N-StynK and Backdoor Boys for being the male equivalent of Titney Spears
Titney Spears for being the slutty no talent bitch she is and smearing the state of Louisiana's reputation (yes I am a Louisianian, guess what.. so's she!)
Most Rappers for their moronic obsession with making sure (most) black people never want to come out of the Stone Age lest it run counter to their Thug Reputation™ (an insult to the original Thugs of India IMO)
Disco for being the absolutely terrible turd it is and for the fact that people think Disco=Gay and/or Gay=Disco. Yuck. Just cuz I like putting another man's Mr. Happy in my butt doesn't mean I like Disco over Nine Inch Nails! Oy!
Image Image
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

Captain tycho wrote:I just hate N'sync.
The music is just blah, I hate their personalities, and I hate their fan-type.
' Ohhh, he's sooooo cute, blah blah blah blah....'
Ughh, gag me. :evil:
With a Spoon? :lol: :mrgreen: ROFL!
Image Image
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

[quote="Einhander Sn0m4n"
Disco for being the absolutely terrible turd it is and for the fact that people think Disco=Gay and/or Gay=Disco. Yuck. Just cuz I like putting another man's Mr. Happy in my butt doesn't mean I like Disco over Nine Inch Nails! Oy![/quote]

Congratulations. You safely exceeded the "too much information" threshold for this topic. Well done.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner

RedImperator wrote:
Einhander Sn0m4n wrote: Disco for being the absolutely terrible turd it is and for the fact that people think Disco=Gay and/or Gay=Disco. Yuck. Just cuz I like putting another man's Mr. Happy in my butt doesn't mean I like Disco over Nine Inch Nails! Oy!
Congratulations. You safely exceeded the "too much information" threshold for this topic. Well done.
Thank You!
Image Image
InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

Post by InnerBrat »

Einhander, give Britney a fucking break, OK? She can sing, which is really all I want from a singer. Just becasue she's being used as a tool by the evil poser hungry corporate Pop machinie does no mean she's a bad person.

Agree with you on everything else - especially the assumption that all gays like shit music.
I'd take a much more active role in my Uni's LGB if they didn't play such shit music at their events...

Fucking WILL AND GARETH!!!!!!
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
Crayz9000
Sith Apprentice

Post by Crayz9000 »

Durran Korr wrote:Rage Against the Machine, for bringing braindead radical politics back into mainstream music.
Ugh. Those idiots... they actually believe this Aztlan crap. "Battle of Los Angeles" my arse. Do you think they really want to fight the U.S. Army?
Good Charlotte, Blink 182, all of this pop-punk crap that dominates MTV.
I don't like most of the stuff on MTV, but I do like some of Blink 182's stuff.
A Tribute to Stupidity: The Robert Scott Anderson Archive (currently offline)
John Hansen - Slightly Insane Bounty Hunter - ASVS Vets' Assoc. Class of 2000
HAB Cryptanalyst | WG - Intergalactic Alliance and Spoof Author | BotM | Cybertron | SCEF
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

innerbrat wrote:Einhander, give Britney a fucking break, OK? She can sing, which is really all I want from a singer. Just becasue she's being used as a tool by the evil poser hungry corporate Pop machinie does no mean she's a bad person.

Agree with you on everything else - especially the assumption that all gays like shit music.
I'd take a much more active role in my Uni's LGB if they didn't play such shit music at their events...

Fucking WILL AND GARETH!!!!!!

Britney Spears can sing? I must have missed it.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
guyver
Padawan Learner

Post by guyver »

I hate RAP!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
PRESSURE CANON!

Warwolves CO
Shinigami
Youngling

Post by Shinigami »

innerbrat wrote:Einhander, give Britney a fucking break, OK? She can sing, which is really all I want from a singer. Just becasue she's being used as a tool by the evil poser hungry corporate Pop machinie does no mean she's a bad person.
:evil: Who told you that ditzy skank could sing?!?!?!!?!?

Back to subject, I've got a list for ya'

Sum 41, Blink 182, Creed, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Nickelback, Default, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, O-town, 98 degrees, Matchbox 20, B2K, Good Charlotte, 3LW, Justin Timberlake, Avril Lavigne, Ashanti, Ja Rule, Jay-Z, Destiny's Child, Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Rowland(that's right, I hate these "artists" individually too), Shakira, Madonna, Pink, Busta Rhymes, Shania Twain, Nelly, The St. Lunatics, Mariah Carey, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez, Santana(I lost all respect for the guy), Craig David, 3 Doors Down, Saliva, Enrique Iglesias, No Doubt, and many more.

You asked......
random kid in the next town- We're playing "Harry Potter"!
Cartman- Ha, FAGS!!!

You need to get your feet off your head, and your pants to your ears and go help someone who HAS NO FEET! Because if foot-less animals can not walk over here on their little non-footed areas and tell us how hungry they are. I don't think they can.- Brak's Dad
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

Good list.

If there was a God than Jennifer Lopez wouldn't have a career.

DocHorror
Rabid Monkey

Post by DocHorror »

I think there is a difference between bands you hate and bands you simply don't respect...

Theres load of bands whos music I don't like or I hate or whatever, but I still respect their abilitya nd right to make music...

Then theres bands I loathe and have no respect for...

Eg: Metallica post Black album era (the stuff before the Black Album is still brilliant)
Any of those manufactured boy/girl bands that appeal to the unwashed masses...
Bands that get really huge off one single and then have no other stuff that can measure up to that song & get huge egos and powertrip...eg Nickleback, Alien Ant Farm etc...
Bands that didn't have to slum it and work their asses off before getting a multimillion dollar record deal (and susequently think thier the best thing since anything) eg the Strokes...
irishmick79
Rabid Monkey

Post by irishmick79 »

Couple of bands I forgot to add....

Guns N' Roses post Appetite for Destruction. After that album came out, Axl went insane, the rest of the band went on the mother of all ego trips, and descended into disarray. Axl Rose stands out as one of rock's most obnoxious personalities, and by all accounts is a complete and total jackass.

The Offspring. What a bunch of wankers. They stink as performers, and their hits are all retreads of stuff other bands have done.

Def Leppard. Good god are the lyrics dumb, stereotypical and overdone. I could have wrote those songs in ten minutes.
"A country without a Czar is like a village without an idiot."
- Old Russian Saying
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

To name all the bands I hate would cause me a terminal case of RSI typing it all out, so I'll have to go with a short list of most hated bands and generalize some.

N'Sync. BS Boys, and other boy bands. It makes me sick that such shitty bands can actually exist, all they can do is dance and look pretty for the camera. The fact that they get tons of airplay is one reason I don't listen to the radio anymore.

Korn, Kid Rock, Limp Bizcuit and other such wannabe metal bands. Fucking christ, I can't make out your damn lyrics with the stupid distortions, and your dan guitars sound like shit. Playing guitars with the amps set to "10" and screaming does not make you a metal band. Listen to Slayer to hear how it's done.

J'lo. Just because you played a singer in that Selena movie doesn't make you one. Fuck I hate her music.

Poppy Punk. Ho hum. Every single fucking band and song sound the same, and every single band seems to have a lead singer with a whiny voice.

Actually, a better way to sum things up just occurred to me. If it gets played on the air more than twice a day by any radio station, it's most likely shit that I hate.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I don't like those crappy boy bands. Also, I hate Hanson, because they were as annoying as hell. The good news is that I don't her them much on radio stations anymore. The bad news is that they've been replaced with dime-a-dozen rappers, which regurgitate the most annoying melodies ever.

Also, there are a lot of wannabe rock bands out there, and I hate them either because they sound annoying, the "music" is little more than a guitar with amps set to 10 and a really lond drum, or their lyrics are nonsense. But hey, you can't understand a word they're saying in the first place, so it doesn't matter! Still, there are a few good new rock groups nowadays.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

Eg: Metallica post Black album era (the stuff before the Black Album is still brilliant)
I liked S&M!

My list includes 98 percent of (c)Rap artists, because if I wanted to hear stupid people rhyming curses I'd enter a ghetto poetry contest. I also hate anyone who ever became famous because of a TV Show such as Pop/American Idol. American Idol is a crime against humanity. And Shakira. And Christina Aguleria. And any pop signers, basically.

But I keep the faith. Someday there will be a reckoning.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Lynard Skynard, it's the only bad that routinely makes me cringe/flinch when they come on the radio. I even like some of their songs but I happened to be in Florida for awhile when an albumn of theirs came out in the 90s. Omigod did it suck but the station kept playing it. :x
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Any boy/girl band
Any manufactured band
All Rap after the mid 90's LL Cool J is cool
Country music

basically anything that's not Rock. Rock and Metal are my drugs of choice.

I hate how the solo chicks think they have to dress like whores to make up for their astounding lack of originality.

I hate how Limp Dick try and make up for their lack of tallent by saying fuck every 2 seconds while backed by a heavy rift.

But in contrast i hate the attitude of the Kerrang! faithful. Unless your untallented and unheard off your a "Sell Out"
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

Darth Pounder wrote:Any boy/girl band
Any manufactured band
All Rap after the mid 90's LL Cool J is cool
Country music

basically anything that's not Rock. Rock and Metal are my drugs of choice.

I hate how the solo chicks think they have to dress like whores to make up for their astounding lack of originality.

I hate how Limp Dick try and make up for their lack of tallent by saying fuck every 2 seconds while backed by a heavy rift.

But in contrast i hate the attitude of the Kerrang! faithful. Unless your untallented and unheard off your a "Sell Out"
Linkin Park didn't use obscenities, so they outright stank. There are some flavor-of-the-week fabricated rock bands I like, probably because the music itself it catchy, or they know more than 3 guitar chords, or they have some musical talent. Unfortunately, many radio stations prefer the crappier rock bands.

Still, I'd prefer classic rock from the 70's 80's, or even early 90's over anything they come out with nowadays.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB