HORSIES!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

HORSIES!

Post by MKSheppard »

Arriving at the Wheaton Horse Stables....about 5 minutes from me home.

Sheltered indoor riding hall

Stable Area

List of trails at the Wheaton Regional Park

Outdoor Grazing area

This brave little fox was walking around the place without fear of the horsies.

Horseback riding class putting away their horsies.[/u]
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

You like horsies, Shep? You're just full of surprises.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Stofsk wrote:You like horsies, Shep? You're just full of surprises.
I always figured him for the pony type. You know, the pink ones. And unicorns.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Brother-Captain Gaius wrote:I always figured him for the pony type. You know, the pink ones. And unicorns.
*gets out pink dye and plastic horns*

We can make them :twisted:
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Eh, no not really; the title is a sort of spoof of the squeal of a prepubescent girl. "OMFG, HORSIES! *SQUEE!*"

2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

MKSheppard wrote:
Eh, no not really; the title is a sort of spoof of the squeal of a prepubescent girl. "OMFG, HORSIES! *SQUEE!*"
For a moment there i thought you were like my housemates girl friend, now that would have been scary!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

MKSheppard wrote:

That wasn't my first reaction... no... of course not.....
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

While the reference in the title was middlin obvious I too am surprised about the Shep liking horses. I have a hard time imagining him riding anything without treads and a cannon. :wink:
And Shep on fluffy pink unicorn? That just wrong on so many levels...
Nice pics, MKSheppard.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Well, horses CAN tow small artillery batteries, so perhaps Shep loves them for that?
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Batman wrote:While the reference in the title was middlin obvious I too am surprised about the Shep liking horses. I have a hard time imagining him riding anything without treads and a cannon. :wink:
And Shep on fluffy pink unicorn? That just wrong on so many levels...
Nice pics, MKSheppard.
I'm trying to find the quote where Shep exclaims:

"I Love cross dressing"
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

NeoGoomba wrote:Well, horses CAN tow small artillery batteries, so perhaps Shep loves them for that?
Well, before gunpowder weapons came along, heavy cavalry were the ultimate weapon. Perhaps that?
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Tinkerbell
Jedi Master

Post by Tinkerbell »

kheegan wrote:
NeoGoomba wrote:Well, horses CAN tow small artillery batteries, so perhaps Shep loves them for that?
Well, before gunpowder weapons came along, heavy cavalry were the ultimate weapon. Perhaps that?
Or maybe he loves them cause they're so :luv:cute!:luv:

:D
Darth Wong wrote:The American "family values" agenda is simple: alter the world so that you can completely ignore your child and still be confident that he is receiving the same kind of Christian upbringing that you would give him if you weren't busy.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

Tinkerbell wrote:
Or maybe he loves them cause they're so :luv:cute!:luv:

:D
But thats only with a cannon strapped to them. Without that, horses are mean and bite people, and make racial slurs like Mr. Ed.

Perhaps theres some new breed of Unicorn that has infatuated him, which instead of having a horn, it has a RPG launcher?
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Tinkerbell wrote:
MKSheppard wrote:

That wasn't my first reaction... no... of course not.....
Nope, not the reaction here either. Not at all.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

MKSheppard wrote:
Horses, meh. Now ducks, that's something to squeal over... :mrgreen:
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I can only assume it's the second X chromosome. How I am supposed to assume an animal several times my size that can kick me into hospital for a considerable time with little to no effort is cute is quite simply beyond my comprehension.
Plus, one of them once tried to eat my jacket.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

You should have demanded that one be butchered. :P

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:You should have demanded that one be butchered. :P
I was in no position to do so at that time. And that does seem a bit overboard.
Now ducks, on the other hand...
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Hah Hah, nice try. Even though I adore ducks, I also have no reservations concerning trying duck. :P

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

My mother once gave me horseback riding lessons to kick my love of horses. She thought actually being around them would make me see the reality of the situation. It didn't work. I really, really love horses :luv:.

Ducks suck. There's too many of them around here and they shit everywhere.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Pick wrote:Ducks suck.
Heresy!!

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Heresy!!
Duck are a plague upon the Earth. Filthy hissing winged vermin.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Baron Scarpia
Jedi Knight

Re: HORSIES!

Post by Baron Scarpia »

MKSheppard wrote:Image
Arriving at the Wheaton Horse Stables....about 5 minutes from me home.
Those are some womanly hair, hips and buttocks you have there, buddy.
I believe in the Holy Trinity: Bach the Father, Beethoven the Son and Brahms the Holy Ghost.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Pick wrote: Ducks suck.
Ducks don't suck. They quack.

Silly girl. :P
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:Heresy!!
Duck are a plague upon the Earth. Filthy hissing winged vermin.
That's geese.
The Zen of Not Fucking Up.