Crossroads Fantasy Art *Bird Done, Robo-Bird started!*

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Almost done! Looks a sight better then what I originally had. Started coloring it and am REALLY pleased with how it looks right now. I still don't know what to do with his 'scales' though, Im thinking of changing them all together because they still don't feel right.

As for the Kosh, Yoda Dragon. I didn't think I'd get such positive feed back on it, and am going to try and refine it :)

Enjoy!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
LaserRifleofDoom
Padawan Learner

Post by LaserRifleofDoom »

Like you wanted, the wings look vestigal. But the rear leg doesn't look like it attaches to the body correctly. It's a lot thinker than the front one, and it's on too sharp an upward angle to meet the hip the same place as the one in font does.

Everything else looks good.
The Technology of Peace!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Yeah, truth be told I'd have been a bit more careful about my linework if I had known it would have been applied so throughly to the finished product. It looks very good, though the back leg's foot is too wide and the thigh should be about a straight line from knee to hip. Anyway, looks nice! One question though --is that pocket supposed to be pointed that direction? I'm not certain of its intended position or appearance, but it doesn't quite seem correctly skew to the angle of the material of the pants at that point. Are you planning to shade this? :)

One quick question though --what program are you using?
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Heh "Pocket" It's actually supposed to be a Pentagon and a decrative symbol on his pants.. Didn't even think about it looking like a pocket untill you mentioned... Now of course I can't see it as anything else :lol:

As for the program, it's "Adobe Illustrator 10.0"

Which, incase you don't know, means it's insainly easy for me to change fairly complicated features of the pic :D
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Can't say I'm familiar with Illustrator (I use a $45 program that you can download online) but I've heard good things about it. Say, as long as you've got a layer system I have a suggestion: always have a layer with a stickman underneath when you're in the sketching process. It definitely helps!
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

the Horns don't correct to to me but otherwise it's starting look really good.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Updates!

Dancing bird is finished and colored

And I have begun my next project, Robo-Bird! This one started off as an art progject from ages ago. Basically I drew the head only for a "Made up Movie Poster" for an early comp art class. A while ago I took the head to see what I could do with it and did a really rough "shape" skecth, then I messed around with a 'skeltal' drawing, theres a number of issues I need to work on., but then again thats why its a Work In Progress!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!