40K the Gathering Cards

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

You do realize that Bounty's card is probably the best magic card ever made right? I think they love you Bounty.

And how do you like this card Gaius?

Brother-Captain Gaius
CC:4RR
Creature: Space Marine Brother-Captain Legend

Trample, haste, Affinity for soldiers
2:Put a holocaust token on Brother-Captain Gaius plus an addition token for every other Space Marine, Sister of Battle, or Grey Knight you control.
If Brother-Captain Gaius is blocked and does not deal combat damage to the opposing player, then that player and all creatures he controls takes damage equal to the number of Holocaust tokens on Brother-Captain Gaius.
P/T: 5/5
I am the Hammer...
And just so you don't feel lonely

Space Marine
CC: 2RR
Creature: Soldier, Space Marine

Trample, Haste, affinity for Soldiers
P/T: 4/3

Sister of Battle
CC:1RR
Creature: Soldier, Sister of Battle

Vigilance, affinity for soldiers
P/T: 2/3

Grey Knight
CC: 2RRWW
Creature: Soldier, Space Marine

Vigilance, Trample, Haste, Affinity for Soldiers
If you control a Space Marine then Grey Knight costs W less to play
P/T: 4/4

Imperial Guardsman
CC: 1R
Creature: Soldier

Sacrifice Imperial Guardsmen: Deal one damage to target creature or player or prevent 1 damage to any soldier
P/T: 2/1

May the Emperor have mercy on your enemies, for you shall not!
:lol:
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

You do realize that Bounty's card is probably the best magic card ever made right? I think they love you Bounty.
Most SDN series cards I make are ridiculously overpowered. Playablity is not exactly on the forefront of my mind when I make them. :wink:

On another note, if I knew more about 40k, I might just make a set for it; there seems to be enough material, and plenty of artwork.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Noble Ire wrote:
Most SDN series cards I make are ridiculously overpowered. Playablity is not exactly on the forefront of my mind when I make them. :wink:
Apparently you don't have a problem with understatement. :P
Noble Ire wrote:On another note, if I knew more about 40k, I might just make a set for it; there seems to be enough material, and plenty of artwork.
Actually, Glimmervoid and I were on that at one point. I actually have several sets started already, one for each of the major races. The problem, beleive it or not, is finding the artwork that is just right for the cards.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

For instance, here are some of the Necron deck cards:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

EDIT: fixed minor error for Kaelis Ra.

EDIT 2: added some quotes.
Last edited by Lord Zentei on 2006-04-08 11:25am, edited 7 times in total.

I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Eldar:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

As you can see, I have yet to work our some of the details pertaining to how the various units are treated as far as the mechanics are concerned. I was trying out various combinations. ;)

EDIT: Oh, by the way. Yes, I know that the Wraithguard are an artefact creature and yet they are blue. And yes, I know that artefact creatures are supposed to be colourless, but that didn't fit somehow. They should be blue like the other Eldar.

EDIT 2: And yes, I know that the Farseer is ungodly powerful. Should have a casting cost for each of those abilities.

EDIT 3: Nerfed the Farseer's power (rather than adding a casting cost), and added some quotes.
Last edited by Lord Zentei on 2006-04-08 12:28pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

If you guys like, you could PM you card ideas to me, and i could help you clean up the mechanics and CCs so that they are balanced. I quite literally play magic with some of the best type 1 players in the world, so it wouldn't be much trouble at all.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Dark Hellion wrote:If you guys like, you could PM you card ideas to me, and i could help you clean up the mechanics and CCs so that they are balanced. I quite literally play magic with some of the best type 1 players in the world, so it wouldn't be much trouble at all.
I at least was planning on being a mite more serious with the 40K ones. And I need to spruce up the added rules a mite first, but that would be quite cool. Also, it's not as important that they be playable with respect to standard MtG cards as with respect to each other.

For SDN, I think we can assume that they are meant to be a joke, not playable. ;)

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Dark Hellion wrote:Hey, as long as they are type 4 playable that's fine (type 4 is a joke type were you get unlimited mana per turn, but can only play 1 card per player turn. It is a fucking riot to play, because some of the most idiotic plays win you games.)
Heh. The SDN things were only meant for cheap laughs.

As for the 40K, here are some thoughts for special rules that went into the above:

0) First Strike damage represents shooting, normal damage represents close combat. Flanking represents mobility warfare.

1) Legion. Represents huge numbers of troops. Legions may only block and be blocked by other Legions (so it works sort of like Shadow). Additionally, for every 4 points of damage the Legion deals, you gain control of one Land belonging to your opponent.

2) Support Unit. Enchant Creature type spell that is cast only on Legion creatures. These may be sacrificed to prevent X damage to the enchanted creature where X is the Support Unit's Toughness rating. Also, may only be cast on Legions of the same type as themselves (Necron Support Units may only be cast on Necron Legions, for instance).

3) World. Land type. May only be conquered if the attacking Legion has the Stardrive ability.

4) Transport. Creature ability. If the creature attacks, one Legion with Toughness less than or equal to the Transport rating gains the Stardrive ability. The Transporting creature must itself have the Stardrive ability.

5) Ship. Has the Stardrive ability. May only block or be blocked by Ships, in the manner of Legions, but does not conquer worlds. Instead, it can bombard them, returning them to their owners hand if they dealt 4 or more points of damage to the defending player.

6) Vigilance. Only if your FTL is ungodly - i.e. Necrons only (as they can attack planet XYZ and be home in time for breakfast - or to defend their own planet. Others need to spend a long time getting between places). Possibly Eldar in some cases, though (due to the Webway).

EDIT: Added Vigilance.
Last edited by Lord Zentei on 2006-04-06 06:20am, edited 1 time in total.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Zentai requested a split of these.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Thanks.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Chaos, in very rare instances, has access to planetary portals too. Corrupted webway, and possibly Old One things.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

NecronLord wrote:Chaos, in very rare instances, has access to planetary portals too. Corrupted webway, and possibly Old One things.
Ah, yes; good point, that. I'll add it when I find the pics for the Chaos deck.

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I'd make it a rare card (assuming this has such things) though. "Chaos Gate" perhaps.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

NecronLord wrote:I'd make it a rare card (assuming this has such things) though. "Chaos Gate" perhaps.
It does indeed. And perhaps an upkeep condition requiring that one or more creatures are placed in the graveyard from play every given turn or somesuch.

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

There's a picture of one of those in... I'm not quite sure where. It's near the end of one of the codices IIRC, possibly the Rulebook or the Chaos codex. It's a terrain feature with a bunch of 40K miniatures around it, mostly Chaos of course. All rusty, spikey like, a big ol half-arch of metal with jags sticking out. If you could find a picture that would work...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Elheru Aran wrote:There's a picture of one of those in... I'm not quite sure where. It's near the end of one of the codices IIRC, possibly the Rulebook or the Chaos codex. It's a terrain feature with a bunch of 40K miniatures around it, mostly Chaos of course. All rusty, spikey like, a big ol half-arch of metal with jags sticking out. If you could find a picture that would work...
Sounds good - though alas by scanner is no good (it's an older model that has a socket that is not in my new computer - and I only just found out that it would not be economical to get one installed).

Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I kindly make a request for some Tau Cards.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Zor wrote:I kindly make a request for some Tau Cards.

Zor
On it. Though I'm lacking in pics. I'll see what I can dredge up tomorrow (need sleep... zzz).

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Just before I turn in, here are the handful I found halfway decent images for.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Yeah, I need to increase the lighting on them. Too sleepy now.

BTW: sources for more images would be appreciated (my scanner is, as I said elsewhere, useless, and the selection at the games-workshop site leaves much to be desired).

EDIT: Added quotes, lightened pics, updated abilities.
Last edited by Lord Zentei on 2006-04-08 12:55pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Quotes would be nice. I love magic cards, but I don't know shit about playing them. The pretty pictures and awesome quotes make me wanna look at them.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Quotes would be nice. I love magic cards, but I don't know shit about playing them. The pretty pictures and awesome quotes make me wanna look at them.
You can download the rules for free at Wizards of the Coast's site.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Only my friends have cards, and I feel no need to get into a game that, in my own opinion, is merely an overpriced way to waste time. Still, they look spiffy.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Only my friends have cards, and I feel no need to get into a game that, in my own opinion, is merely an overpriced way to waste time. Still, they look spiffy.
I wasn't suggesting you buy cards, I was just saying the rules can be found for free if you wanted to know what the special abilities on the cards mean.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yeah. But I like Magic cards and prefer it over crap like Yugioh because of the superior artwork and the awesome quotes.

All I'm saying is that quotes, particularly 40k ones, would give the cards you guys are making in this thread an additional level of awesomeness.

*goes back to staring at the pretty pictures*
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker

Post by Lord Zentei »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Yeah. But I like Magic cards and prefer it over crap like Yugioh because of the superior artwork and the awesome quotes.

All I'm saying is that quotes, particularly 40k ones, would give the cards you guys are making in this thread an additional level of awesomeness.

*goes back to staring at the pretty pictures*
Agreed. The original postings were, of course, only "in progress" ones.

Added some quotes (where they would fit, anyhow).