some Random DoW Screenshots (might be pic heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

some Random DoW Screenshots (might be pic heavy)

Post by Lord Revan »

well not random they're all from the last AI Skirmish match played

my Ultramarines chasing away some Night lord legion cultists

these Guardsmen though it's was better to oppose the Emperor's troops (I taught them the error of their way)

my Chaplain preaching the word of the Emperor to some followers of Chaos.

I take the preservation of chapter geneseed very seriously :wink:

I think who ever said that you must burn the heretics didn't mean this (but it worked)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

I think who ever said that you must burn the heretics didn't mean this (but it worked)
No, that's about what I mean when I say burn the heretics, but I may just be special.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

There's any other way to burn a heretic?
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Captain Cyran wrote:
I heard flamers work too, I haven't tried yet though.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Captain Cyran wrote:
yes, begin the morning chant to St. Napalm. fire up the jet turbine, and incinerate them to ash whilst playing "ride of the valkuries"

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

sorry for these not being any better (and being only from one angle), but it's kind of hard try to played a game against the AI and look for good screenshots at the same time.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Lord Revan wrote:sorry for these not being any better (and being only from one angle), but it's kind of hard try to played a game against the AI and look for good screenshots at the same time.
The 'pause' button is your friend...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Elheru Aran wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:sorry for these not being any better (and being only from one angle), but it's kind of hard try to played a game against the AI and look for good screenshots at the same time.
The 'pause' button is your friend...
while it's might help with the angle it goes pause (no pun intended) to the action that messes my tactics (especially when working against the AI (who is not only mercyless, but also optimal in the way it can handles resources))

Edit:I had retake the part of the map where the IG base had been because I had been too focused on getting a good shot of chaplain fighting those Berserkers.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

playing around with camera angles bit

the Bloodravens dispatching a group of chaos cultists

a heavy bolter turret firing on a chaos building while another turret is being built

holding back the green tide

as my elite troops deals with followers of chaos elsewhere

dealing with the Ork base (the settlement was where the Bombardment is hitting but got blasted way before I got a decent shot)

Priest: "note to self, in matters of faith the person with the power weapon normally defeats the guy with the chainsaw."

ok now some Chaos pics
hmm I think these guys might be a bit unstable, but they have their uses.

my troopers started demand blood for some blood god, though I think I over did it that the result of summoning the Bloodthirster a Greater Deamon of the blood god.

you'd think that the field manual of that Imperial guardsman would say that going into melee with a bloodthirsty 30 ft. deamon armed only with an axe is not a good thing.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Zeond
Youngling

Post by Zeond »

I've got many screen caps saved. Might as well post some.

Basilisks rule. I always build all 3 as soon as possible and just put them to blast away at key locations on the map while I build up my forces.

Anybody else wonder by Relic and THQ bothered to actually put in the actual artillery shells on the Basilisks if they were going to be inconsistent with what they fire? There is clearly a conical shaped shell on the deck of the basilisk and they fire round shot.

Power of the FREEEM Poke 'em in the Eye!!!

What DoW screen cap thread would be complete without a pic of a Greater Demon of Khorne?

Space Ogres vs. Terminators

Laser pointer
Please give generously to The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy
55 Lincoln House, Basil Street, London, SW3.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Bah. White Haven, Gaius, and I would purge the lot with these:

:twisted:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Cadian 369th, woot! 8) I can even make out my old banner on that point, too bad I don't have it anymore.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

Last edited by SirNitram on 2006-04-21 12:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

As posted on LA, those redirect to 127.0.0.1....
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Elheru Aran wrote:As posted on LA, those redirect to 127.0.0.1....
....Hmmm. That's odd. Lemme see if I can fix, as they're stored on SDNet itself...

EDIT: Fixed.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Nitram, at least in my version the button the to pause the game is called (very unhandedly I must admit) "Pause/break"
SirNitram

Post by SirNitram »

Lord Revan wrote:Nitram, at least in my version the button the to pause the game is called (very unhandedly I must admit) "Pause/break"
I was assuming it was a key on the keyboard, as those are a little more convenient when you're moving your mouse hither and thither.

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

My favorite screenshots:

By His Word...
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

My only DoW screen shot. My custom coloured marines. :)
Dragon Clan Veritech