World of Warcraft is full of assholes

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tasoth
Sith Devotee

World of Warcraft is full of assholes

Post by Tasoth »

I present to you one fine example of the assholery that happens.

The story:
A player of WoW died in real life. Her friends in the game decided to hold a funeral for her in game. Word gets out and a band of players decide to raid it.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

We already had an entire thread about this in N&P, I believe.
Here: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=89001
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Sorry then, I try don't venture much into N&P.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

In before lock: it must be observed that 97% of all internet deaths are faked.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I'm probably going to hell, but that was an actually well made video. The music was quite good. :oops:
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Gil Hamilton wrote:I'm probably going to hell, but that was an actually well made video. The music was quite good. :oops:
Hey, I thought it was pretty funny. And yeah, the music was just perfect.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Yeah, I must admit that from an artistic standpoint they did awesome (Scat Man = Instant Win). From a gaming perspective they looked like they were doing pretty well.

Crashing a funeral is a bit assholish, though. But at least they admit it, it's not like they're claiming moral highground or something silly.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

I found the video funny, you cant help but enjoy it a little, or a lot, your mileage may vary. I'll only restate what i said before:

Yes, Serenity Now commited an act of overwhelming douchebaggery.

But those other tards should have fucking known, like anyone with even a remote knowledge of online RPGs, that holding a funeral in a PVP zone was suicide. (for those who dont know what a PVP zone is, imagine if someone invited you a funeral...in the middle of a large gang shootout...would you go?)

So my sympathy meter is reading a 2.5 out of 10, and only because they're friend died.
Kanye West Saves.

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

and their website is down for maintenance////suuuuuure....maintenance :P Meh. I find myself not caring, but marvelling at the inherent beauty of a gang of like 10 guys descending upon a crowd of numerically superior, if unsuspecting, victims. Plus, as has been said before, Scatman John=God.

With God on your side, you can do anything.
Meest
Jedi Master

Post by Meest »

For a funeral there was a serious lack of priests :P. Would think once they started lining up the Horde guys would at least be ready for something, nope they just stand there and get AE'd.
"Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

To be fair the Horde were idiots as well. Yes Serenity Now are douches for attacking an "online funeral" but if the people holding it decide to hold it right in the middle of a PVP server and advertise it to everyone around then they deserve it. Surely there's places where they could have gone where it's Horde only.

That said i laughed my ass off as soon as Scatman started playing when i first saw it.
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

I wonder if any of them said "rez pls" during that debacle? :P And the scatman song was a golden oldie.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

That was very funny IMHO. Holding a funeral in a PVP area like that was asking for it. If they really wanted a funeral SM would have been a better place. SM is in a Horde area and the nooblets can pick up some nice drops while the higher level players clear the place out It would have been win/win The Horde guys there didn't even make an attempt to detfent themsleves despite outnumbering the allys there. Scatman was very appropriate for that masacre.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Locked old thread.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton