Hairspray is Love -- Art Thread 4 (56k erk)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: Of course, you should see Selia trying to get Hoquer to wear something other than his lone shorts :P.
"Come on Hoquer, it's only clothes."

"But it burns Monarch! They burn!"
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Yeah, pretty much :mrgreen:.
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:40pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

(Don't let Simon see that or you'll never hear the end of it...) :P

Looks great so far.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I really do think I can see it all coming together. As always, I can't wait for the final result. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

Nice detail on the nose, mouth and ears.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Excellent! I certainly can't wait to see it completed.
What is Project Zohar?

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

The eyes, the EYES! it's it's like a rosewell alien. I am assuming the final version will be painted? as the all black eyes of doom, well, kinda creepy!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks everybody :luv:! I'll try to, uhm, find a leprechaun or something soon so you can see him with his lovely locks :wink:. I appreciate your comments!

Crossroads Inc. wrote:The eyes, the EYES! it's it's like a rosewell alien. I am assuming the final version will be painted? as the all black eyes of doom, well, kinda creepy!
He is painted :P. You can actually see the different tones when you get to the back of the head (or the silly zombie sculpture behind him.) Or you could just look at his oh-so-subtlely lanvender lips.

Umber is horrifically pale with the exception of his eyes, horns, and 'nails. :)
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Pick Sweetie? What exactly do ye class mates say when you bring in your horned palefaced wonder?? :D
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

she goes to catholic school, there's probably some holy water involved.... <jk>

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Not inked
Bla bla FUCK JPEG COMPRESSION bla
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:40pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Spiderweb. How appropriate. :wink:
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Edge isn't a villan.
You keep saying that, but this sort of work isn't helping your case.

:P
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:Edge isn't a villan.
You keep saying that, but this sort of work isn't helping your case.

Edge is many-eyed, red-horned, pointy-eared, clawed and fanged. Visually, there's not a whole hell of a lot I can do to help on this one :lol:.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Nice blah blah blah.

;)

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

IN PROGRESS:
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Wow, I didn't know just how close you have it to all coming together.
With all his bits and such on, and with the proper coloring, he should look fantastic. :)
The Rift
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

A nice start on the painting. Good luck with the neck, that looks like a difficult fix.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Is Umber to scale, or are those aerosol cans really tiny? Or am I blind? :shock:
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I'm certainly looking forward to the completion of this piece. Also, Pick, why does your bed appear to be some sort of fur rug? I thought only the Norse had those, but hey.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:Is Umber to scale, or are those aerosol cans really tiny? Or am I blind? :shock:
Umber is full scale :wink:. He stands at six foot two (1.9m or so). He'll be about three inches taller than that once his horns are on. :luv:
Ford Prefect wrote:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:31 am Post subject:
I'm certainly looking forward to the completion of this piece. Also, Pick, why does your bed appear to be some sort of fur rug? I thought only the Norse had those, but hey.
I am not exactly sure how I went from being a girl with a bed to a girl with an alpaca rug on the floor, myself :?. It's pretty comfy, though, and it means that there is way more space in my room since I can shove it out of the way very easily.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Hey, it just adds a layer of eccentricity to your persona as a drop dead awesome artist. Like Van Gogh, but not as emo.
What is Project Zohar?

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Ford Prefect wrote:Hey, it just adds a layer of eccentricity to your persona as a drop dead awesome artist. Like Van Gogh, but not as emo.
Just, um, keep sharp objects away from your ears. :?

The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:Hey, it just adds a layer of eccentricity to your persona as a drop dead awesome artist. Like Van Gogh, but not as emo.
Just, um, keep sharp objects away from your ears. :?

No good. I trimmed them down with an exacto knife.

Ooooh, the blood-filled ears attached to my organic head. :P
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Okay, wait, back up the truck...

If I got the gist right, Pick, you essentially sleep on a rug on the floor? :?

By the way, Ford, van Gogh was more than just eccentric or "emo." It's widely believed that he was manic depressive or schizophrenic (mind though that he only painted during his lucid states).
Last edited by Spanky The Dolphin on 2006-04-20 02:13pm, edited 1 time in total.