Hairspray is Love -- Art Thread 4 (56k erk)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Starry night was his last piece of work gil....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Starry night was his last piece of work gil....
No it wasn't, it's largely agreed that Daubigny's Garden was his last work before he shot himself. The most famous Starry Night painting he did, the one you are thinking about, was painted a full year before he died, and he did tons of paintings in the mean time.

This is all isn't relevant to Pick's art, of course.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Last art post before a new thread. Mods, please let die naturally, as it will not be brought back to life
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

He's looking great Pick; I'm definitely looking forward to the finished product. That's also one hell of a wig.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Ford Prefect wrote:He's looking great Pick; I'm definitely looking forward to the finished product. That's also one hell of a wig.
No kidding. And Umber sure looks different in real life. :wink:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:He's looking great Pick; I'm definitely looking forward to the finished product. That's also one hell of a wig.
:lol: Well, I wouldn't really call it a wig. I bought loose hair. A wig would have saved me a lot of time, but I would never be able to buy as much hair, much less natural hair (which is easier to style.) It's really hard to explain how much hair is there... it is literally about three times as much actual hair volume as I have in the back alone, forgetting those thick bangs :shock:.

I used Katie Bair's method, which can be found here. :D

Also, remember, this is based off of the picture, "Halcyon"here, so it certainly isn't how Umber has looked in the last... significant while :lol:.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Three times your hair volume, you say? At least? *faints*
What is Project Zohar?

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

SQUEEEEEE!!!

OMG Pick!! It's a Real Life Bishonen!!! Quick! Where can we find the "Rat" Talismen to bring him to life??? The hair! it is just SO cute! I can SEE the sparkles on it!!! Pic, would you mind if I totally copied and Photoshoped some of those picks? I have some Photoshop filters that would serious;ly make it look like he is sparkeling! :lol:

Then all you need is him holding a rose are cherry blossoms around him!!!
*giggles wildly*
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Awesome! I wondered what all the trouble of making the eyes was for if you were just going to color them in, but it's young Umber. Absolutely magnificent. The hair really makes it all come together (your bishonen hair hypothesis is supported, I'm afraid). :D
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:SQUEEEEEE!!!

OMG Pick!! It's a Real Life Bishonen!!! Quick! Where can we find the "Rat" Talismen to bring him to life??? The hair! it is just SO cute! I can SEE the sparkles on it!!!
Thank you very much. I knew the hair would really make or break the project, and I'm rather happy with the end product. It was a daunting task :lol:.
Pic, would you mind if I totally copied and Photoshoped some of those picks? I have some Photoshop filters that would serious;ly make it look like he is sparkeling! :lol:
I wouldn't mind at all, but you might want to wait until he is finished :wink:.
Dark Raptor wrote:Awesome! I wondered what all the trouble of making the eyes was for if you were just going to color them in, but it's young Umber. Absolutely magnificent. The hair really makes it all come together (your bishonen hair hypothesis is supported, I'm afraid). Very Happy
Thank you, and yes :wink:. I don't this I can even try to call him a man at the art show at school. I'm going to have to do what I did last year and call the poor guy a chick for the duration of the art show :lol:. As for it being young Umber... yeah... I really have no explanation for why I did that, other than it would be the Umber version with the easiest feet to make. Originally the project was going to be old Shader, but for some reason I reneged on that. I do not really remember why :wtf:.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:P
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! :lol:

That...hat... :lol:
JADAFETWA
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Incredible. Simply incredible. :)

Although, I do have to admit, he does look quite feminine, although there is certainly something in his bearing that suggest sufficent masculinity.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Noble Ire wrote:Incredible. Simply incredible. :)

Although, I do have to admit, he does look quite feminine, although there is certainly something in his bearing that suggest sufficent masculinity.
Appearing feminine yet suggesting masculine? Hrmm, perhaps Bishonine? (chuckles)

Seriously Pick, do you have any idea how much something like this is worth to the Fangirls (and some fanbois) of the world? it is not yet finsihed and already I could invasion putting it in a temple and dancing around it throwing grapes and fig leaves :luv:

And yes, I believe i shall wait till completion to give it some special extra features.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Kuja wrote:AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! :lol:

I know, I was actually looking for hair ties when I found it on my floor and I was thinking, "Wow, that would look so wrongly awesome." 8) I'm such a dork.
Incredible. Simply incredible. Smile

Umber has the worst case of Teh Girly in my entire cast :P. Sometimes that just isn't as easily apparent as other times. So it goes. The sculpture's effeminate enough, though, that he'll have silicone breasts and a padded bra for the school art show. I don't want to even try to have to explain his gender to the faculty :lol:.

Oh God I love elfy things.

Crossroads wrote:Seriously Pick, do you have any idea how much something like this is worth to the Fangirls (and some fanbois) of the world? it is not yet finsihed and already I could invasion putting it in a temple and dancing around it throwing grapes and fig leaves
Bah, Umber's worth that kind of praise with or without a sculptural icon 8).
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Pick wrote:I don't want to even try to have to explain his gender to the faculty :lol:
If you ever do it is something that simply MUST be preserved for prosperity.

"So... Why does your "man" look like a sexually underdevloaped Women? 'Pick', are there 'issues' we should know about?"

LOL
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: As for it being young Umber... yeah... I really have no explanation for why I did that, other than it would be the Umber version with the easiest feet to make.
And you could make it roughly life size!
What is Project Zohar?

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

In Evil Syvoria, hvorak rides you!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:

In Evil Syvoria, hvorak rides you!
Well that's kinky :D.