MP3 editing software request

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

MP3 editing software request

Post by Alyeska »

I recently picked up MP3 copies of the most recent Halo 2 music CD. To my displeasure I've found that they combined songs together into "suites" which is basicaly 3 or 4 songs strung together. So instead of being able to listen to my favorite songs, I have to listen to crap side by side with good music.

What I require is a simple to use program which I can use to extract sections of each "suite" to get the songs isolated. Does such a program exist?
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Goldwave's pretty good for audio stuff, and it's fairly simple to use - open file, select the portion you want to delete or save, and then hit delete or trim respectively.
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Do you have Nero? If so, use the wave editor program, select a song from the overall wave file, cut, then make a new wave, paste, save as [song name].mp3.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Looking for something free, I take it? Might see if this works for you.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Audacity. Open source, easy to use, has everything you need for basic audio editing.