Jedi Prophecy

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Darth Kalgarath
Redshirt

Post by Darth Kalgarath »

W00T!
New chapter!
Well, nobody's said anything stupid to me yet, and I've not said voiced any of my own idiocity so far, sooo . . . .

"Yes it's true, we even have lasers today that use photonic energy at least i'm sure it's photonic." - Jedi Guardian
CERC
Youngling

Post by CERC »

Nice update. Spoon benders... funny.... I wonder what yoda would say? or better yet, what Vader would do?

CERC
Sum Senatus

And thus, the Padawan and the Master are dispatched, and it falls to the champion of the Force, Yoda to save them; whom in his near infinate power, displays little intelligence, by stopping the piller with the force instead of jerking his underlings out of the way so that his fight with Dooku can continue.....
General Brock
Jedi Council Member

Post by General Brock »

CERC wrote:Nice update. Spoon benders... funny.... I wonder what yoda would say? or better yet, what Vader would do?

CERC
:) Seconds on the nice update!

Yessss, it would have been nice to see Vader respond to this disturbing lack of faith. :twisted:
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

The main hangar complex of the Corellian Battleship Ever Victorious was immense, especially considering that the battleship wasn’t designed for hauling fighters around. When Derec entered the cavernous bay, he figured they could stow at least four squadrons of fighters in there.

As it was, the only ships in the bay were four Corellian assault shuttles, a fragile looking Kuati ship and off in the corner, the angled looking Federation shuttle that Adam had fled the frigate with Derec in.

Derec had awoken yesterday surprised to be on the Corellian ship. He was surprised to have woken up, really. He had opened his eyes to the sight of a pretty little blonde Corellian med tech and had immediately thought he was on one of the moons of Iego. As it turned out, the angel he was seeing was Nurse Isabella who promptly made him lay back down and increased his sedative.

The second time he woke, he saw his friend Adam and even more surprising, his old captain from his pirating days, Elias Priam, now a Corellian Admiral. That whole day has gone by in a rush. Questions, explanations, even a command briefing with Kuati’s.

But today the tempo had slowed down considerably, Derec had not been able to do a thing and he was pretty sure why. Sometimes Adam acted more like an older brother than a friend, which was tolerable for Derec, until the man went too far. Derec had hobbled his recovering body down to the quartermaster of the ship to get some gear issued for the coming mission, only to be told that he wasn’t getting any gear and didn’t appear on any of the quartermasters logs.

Derec was in the middle of questioning the Corellian about how he expected Derec to go on this mission with no gear, when it hit Derec what was happening. Purple faced and shaking with rage, Derec Trainer had set off to find Adam Goodheart and if need be beat some sense into him, even if it was with his own severed arm.

It didn’t take long to locate the Jedi, in front of the stolen Federation shuttle; Adam was talking to two groups of men. Supposedly the two elements of the recon force, one Corellian the other Kuati. Thankfully for Derec, the meeting was just wrapping up as he approached the shuttle and the commandos gathered up their gear and moved deeper into the hangar for drills before the mission started.

Without preamble, Derec lashed out at Adam, “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

Adam took a meditative stance, his green gaze seemingly penetrating his friend and laying bare Derec’s intentions, “You are correct, Derec. I scrubbed you from the mission. You are in no shape to be sneaking around Coruscant.”

“Of all the arrogant, self centered nerfcrap I’ve ever heard. This isn’t about my injuries. This goes back further than the frigate. You’ve been sullen and preoccupied for weeks about whether or not I should be along in your ‘adventures’.” Trainer said, wagging his finger in front of Adam’s face.

“With all your super powers, you’ve convinced yourself that only you and you alone, can save the galaxy. But look around you, Adam. Look!” He continued, gesturing at the bay and all the people in it.

“You aren’t doing it by yourself. Do you think that building a new Republic could be done by yourself? You know better, that’s why we’re here. You’ve got two groups who were about to go to war with each other working with each other.” A bit of the rage burned out and he took a more diplomatic approach.

“If you could see with your Jedi-thingy, that some of these people were to die during this mission, would you forbid them from going? I’ve been by your side for years, you are my friend and I will help you do whatever needs to be done. I’ll be damned if I’ll let you shut me out.”

Adam had remained silent during Derec’s rant, in the back of his mind Adam was hoping that Derec’s anger would burn out and he could avoid this argument. Adam had known that it was coming, known before he took Derec off the mission. But after the events on the Whorlwind Adam knew that his duty to the Jedi would constantly be putting his friend in danger and Adam did not know if he could always bail Derec out.

“Derec,” Adam sighed, “I’m not shutting you out. I’m trying to protect you as best as I can. If we go into action, I might not be able to protect you; it’s a preventative measure…”

“Oh? I always need your protection?” Derec sneered.

“I seem to recall plenty of times I’ve pulled your butt out of a hydrospanner Adam. Do you think you’d be standing here today if I wasn’t with you on Nar Shada? Or the time the Hapans about caught us smuggling alazhi?” Derec numbered off on his fingers.

“Yes, we both relied on each other,” Adam started.

“Relied? Past tense?” Derec interrupted.

Derec slumped back and laughed for a second, then said calmly, “You’re a hypocrite Adam. Your own Master warned you of the negative emotions of ‘attachment’ and here you are, awash in those very things.”

The point stunned Adam and he physically blanched. “I don’t think that’s a fair assessment.” Adam tried to recover.

“For all the nine Hells of Corellian, I think it’s exactly fair, Adam.” Derec said as he hobbled over to lean against the Federation shuttle. “Your strength with attachments, with friends, is letting them help you.” He wagged his finger at Adam again, “But the weakness in the system is letting your fear of what might happen, whether it be someone being killed, or someone not measuring up to your standards.”

There was a silence lasting for uncomfortable moments between he two. Mechanics moved about the various Corellian Assault Shuttles, crew members hustled and moved through the bulkheads; but the Jedi Knight and his friend stood staring at each other for without speaking. It was almost a test of wills, and only broke with a powerful voice that echoed through the walls of the ship.

“You two,” screamed Priam, “In my office. Now!” The tone left little in regard to the level of his agitation. The cantankerous Admiral moving through the crowd like a tank in combat.

“Yes sir.” Came the reply from both targets of his ire, each remembering the scolding hot rage that could radiate off this Wookiee of a man.

Priam held his anger until the men were safely behind closed doors before he burned them with his red hot glare, “I don’t know, nor do I care about whatever the hell is going on between you two.” He started, smothering all protests with his tone.

“But it ends now.” He added for effect while he paced in his beautifully adorned office space.

To their credit, neither Adam nor Derec dared respond to the old grizzled Corellian Pirate, “As long as I’ve known you two kids, you’ve fought and bickered.” He said with a grunt in his voice.

“But, in all the years I’ve sailed the space lanes, never have I’ve seen such an accomplished team as you sorry sacks of nerfcrap.” He delivered the line with complete deadpan.

“Admiral,” Adam started in a diplomatic tone.

A sneer spread across Priam’s face as he pinned Adam with it, “Don’t play those diplomatic games with me, boy. You never did well with them anyway.” Priam struck a sympathetic pose.

“You’re pissed at each other, which is plain. However, the mission does not entail that you two like each other and right now the mission is what I’m concerned about. You two can patch it up later without disrupting my crew!” The old man bellowed.

The huge man sat down at his desk and let out a sigh, “Now that’s settled,” He glared at the two men daring them to contradict him, “Major Anton and Commander Sykes have been briefed on the mission.”

“Who?” Asked Derec.

Priam sighed again and slid a data-pad down on his messy desk, “Major Anton of the Kuati Army and Commander Sykes from Corellian. Each has assembled a squad for the mission.”

“I’ve met each squad and have worked out some basic maneuvers with them.” Adam interjected.

“Good,” Noted Priam, “Now here’s the deal I told them. Get in, recon for any obvious signs of trouble. The Fleet will hold near a jump point off the old trade route, minutes out from the target. We’ll send with you a couple hypercomms, if we hear from you within forty-eight hours from insertion, will jump in and attack. If we don’t hear from you, Admiral Vestil has proposed that we come in and attack anyway. So that’s the deadline for you two to get the hell out of there. Understood?” Both men nodded and the old man smiled a warm smile.

The long slim nose of Major Anton’s sharp featured face slid above Derec’s shoulder as the man released his safety straps and came out of his seat for a better look when the Federation Shuttle shot out of hyperspace and angled towards the ancient planet of Coruscant.

Derec had copiloted the shuttle with Adam but the two had spent the last few hours in silence, Trainer still angry with his friend. But the heat of the moment was past and Derec started to feel guilty about the hostility that had brewed between the two.

Feeling the Kuati soldier peering over his shoulder, Derec shot him a glance of annoyance, then reported their status to Adam, “Drives shut down, main sublights are green. Navigations looks good, we’re good to go for insertion.”

Adam seemed to be studying the planet through the cockpit but replied, “Copy. Activate transponder. If there is a Federation facility down there, we should say ‘Hi’.” He turned to Derec with a grin on his face, the type of grin Derec hadn’t seen on Adam for five years. “One Federation greeting on its way.”

Derec hit the appropriate controls and the transponder flickered to life. He then took a moment to gaze into the void and see the legendary planet of Coruscant for himself. The dirty brown orb hung in space ahead of them. Planetary debris ringed the planet and bits of dust reflected the sunlight making the scene sparkle.

There were no oceans visible at this distance or any signs of vegetation, no twinkling of cities or any other sign of civilizations. Nobody lived here except for, and according to both Kuati and Corellian intelligence, nomadic barbarians and the occasional smuggler’s den. The planet was for all intense and purposes dead.

Myth had it that at one time it was the center of the galaxy. The capital of a galactic civilization, with enormous cities to rival Denon or Corellia. Its towers supposedly stretched out into the sky for kilometers and the trillions had lived here with trillions more dedicated to supporting them.

It was told that when the galactic civilization fell, so to did Coruscant. Some say that it was conquered by the Hapans; others that it was the Corellians who sacked it. When Derec asked Adam about it, the Jedi stated that according to the archive he had inherited, Coruscant was razed to the surface by an invader who had almost conquered the known galaxy. Though the invaders had been eventually repelled, the damage to the once great metropolis had been done.

Derec, seeing the dirty brown orb growing in his screen, figured that even if the old galaxy had tried to fix it, obviously they abandoned the project at some point since there was nothing even remotely grand about the planet of Coruscant. Maybe the expense was too great to fix it, he thought. Or maybe since their society was crumbling, they decided to forgo it. There could be hundreds of reasons not to rebuild such a vast city as Coruscant was said to be, thousands of reasons.

There was a beeping sound from one of the controls and Derec glanced down to see his comm. unit light up. “Getting automatic telemetry on the transponder. Seems someone is saying ‘Hello’ back.”

Adam glanced at the data and adjusted their course, deeper into the planetary atmosphere. The shields flared a bit with the friction and soon clouds drifted past the shuttle on its way down the well. Even from this view, the planet was ugly. Derec couldn’t make out if the brown was some sort of foliage or if the whole planet was nothing more than a dirt clod. Every now and again he could make out some sort of mountains but they didn’t look right, being jagged and stretched thin across the landscape.

He was studying one such outcropping when Adam grunted loudly and smashed the control yoke forward causing the shuttle to dive violently. Derec was thrown against his straps and the Major behind him cried out in surprise as the man fell into Derec's seat.

“What the hell was that?” Yelled a voice from the back, probably the young Commander Sykes.

Derec was about to ask the same when a series of red blaster bolts tore through the air above the shuttle, static from the energy sparking the shields and buzzing through the comm. system.

“Anti-ship fire?” Major Anton inquired as he pulled himself into his seat and buckled up.

“I thought we said ‘hello’? Derec asked.

Adam was too busy getting the shuttle back under control to answer but Major Anton replied, “Perhaps a code we do not know about?”

“That would be my guess,” Adam started, “Oh, spite! Hang on!”

Another series of red blaster bolts tore up through the air at the ship and though Adam dodged the first few, one of the energy bolts smashed into them, bouncing the ship up and down, causing more sparks to fly out of the shields and essential systems.

Adam looked over his shoulders at Major Anton and the two squads back in the hold, “Hold on back there. We’re landing right now!”

With smoke trailing the shuttle, the fragile looking craft dove again for the surface. The Federation still got off another series of blasts at them, but some how Adam prevented them from outright destroying the shuttle. He guided the broken ship down and the pearly white craft slid onto the dirty brown surface of ancient Coruscant.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Damnit, Lonestar wants more Jedi. Ain't much of an order if there's only one!
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Lonestar wrote:Damnit, Lonestar wants more Jedi. Ain't much of an order if there's only one!
Can't keep you hooked if I give you everything you want really quickly, now can I?
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Ooooh, crack!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

*sits down, gets her fix*
Ooooh, man... tha's good stuff there....

Ok man, I'm good. Til next time.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet