Stargate Wars! Get enslaved now! the 2nd

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

who do you think started the little alliance vs. alliance war between SDN and Crystal empire over in chaos, where I was reduced to nothing in 24 hours...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:who do you think started the little alliance vs. alliance war between SDN and Crystal empire over in chaos, where I was reduced to nothing in 24 hours...
I wondered why all that started up.
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

I s'pose I should mention that I did hand over the reigns to Necromancer a day or two ago.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:who do you think started the little alliance vs. alliance war between SDN and Crystal empire over in chaos, where I was reduced to nothing in 24 hours...
Um, I don't play Chaos, I made an account there but have never played it. You must be thinking wrong.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

How about the war between VanRain and Dirty Dozen about a month ago where we destroyed EVERYTHING he had. We massed out his defense, sabbed out his strike, hunted down and destroyed every single assassin he had and raided out all of his worshiping planets. We left him with nothing. Then we were ready to hit him in main but he called it off. Or how about the war between Dirty Dozen and Diobella where we destroyed her in every server. Most wars go much farther than one server. Your war in Chaos was nothing. That was a little skirmish. Real wars last less than an hour.
Dear English speaking Internet users: please learn how to speak English.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

http://stargatewars.com/stats.php?id=56578

He nailed me for 167 mil naq.
As with all battles, this one has been recorded for the official history of your realm. You, of course, are the first to know the results as they are reported directly to you first. This is the official report of the battle:

The army of tajurik stormed the realm of Lt Agathon!

tajurik sent:
264 CounterIntelligence Agents and 14,320 Offensive NID Team and 1,646 Offensive Away Team

Careful and thourough observation records that the troops were armed as follows:

14,320 Offensive NID Team have X302 Craft
1,646 Offensive Away Team have X302 Craft

Opposite this, stood the forces of Lt Agathon

Lt Agathon resisted the aggressors with:
9,330 Defensive NID Team and 0 Home Base Guard
Careful and thourough observation records that the army carried the following arsenal:

9,330 Defensive NID Team have Ion Cannon

In a fury, the two opposing forces clash!

tajurik, personally commanding da luck, their MotherShip, initiates the battle.
Lt Agathon was was commanding USS GALACTICA, thier MotherShip.
da luck hovers above the battle!
USS GALACTICA meets it head on!
da luck uses its Nuclear Volley to inflict 1,532,160,000 damage, destroying 13 Energy Shields on USS GALACTICA!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 28 Nuclear Volley!
The Mothership has exhausted all of its offensive power.

USS GALACTICA uses its Nuclear Volley to inflict 1,094,400,000 damage, destroying 8 Energy Shields on da luck!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 39 Nuclear Volley!

The forces of tajurik rush in full force, and inflict 1,606,180,153 damage on Lt Agathon's forces!
It was confirmed that 93 of Lt Agathon's forces fell at the hands of tajurik's assult.

The forces of Lt Agathon fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 398,414,325 damage on tajurik's forces!
They managed to eradicate 98 of tajurik's troops.

The forces of tajurik's CounterIntelligence Agents break off from main attack force, and seek out Lt Agathon's Undercover Agents!
8 CounterIntelligence Agents are taken down by the defending army while attempting to disengage from the main battle!
The remaining CounterIntelligence Agents engage the covert networks of the realm.
Unfortunately, Lt Agathon's Undercover Agents were too good at what they do for you to effectively find, target and eliminate.

The damage done by the CounterIntelligence Agents was directly influenced by their covert killing capacity, and the covert capacity of the defending Undercover Agents
The damage to the CounterIntelligence Agents was directly influenced by the defending military power, and the strength of the CounterIntelligence Agents

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...

Your Ion Cannon went from strength 2,000 to 1,730 (now 1730/2000 and 14 percent damaged)

The forces of tajurik mashed those of Lt Agathon
The forces of Lt Agathon flee from the battlefield! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

Considering what was available at the time in the realm of Lt Agathon, it is recorded that
a total of 166,269,888 Naquadah was taken from the realm of Lt Agathon

Many wonder if Lt Agathon will consider retaliation, but - when force meets force - there will have to be some changes in the preparedness of Lt Agathon before such a feat should wisely be considered!
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

He's been made to feel your pain.
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

Surplus naq will be mine soon, tomorrow I will be up to exactly 24bil naq a day. This means I will be making more than what I need to support my farming, and I will begin to donate to my officers.

So for each week, I can put one of my officers on PPT, or I can give you 2bil naq. This will start next week, and RepliLancer will be the first to receive his donation of 2bil. Now, one of my other officers is free to apply for next week, just catch me on MSN or use PM to contact me.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Agathon, either upgrade your covert levels or spend your naq before it builds up to 100 mil. You've been hit twice in 48 hours, and while getting payback is amusing, it's also a hassle.
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

fuzzy, I hope you're taking good care of my former account. I've taken over fuzzy's old account for now, and am trying to rebuild defenses there. I've taken the username Tehuty, if anyone needs to reach me via GateWars. Not sure if I'll keep the account as Replicator or switch to Goa'uld, as I was playing before.

EDIT: Looks like since fuzzy stopped using this account, two players named Tyveris and Nibelhim have been hitting it every few hours like clockwork. Someone kindly savage them for me, please.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

I bought Jaxin's account, Fuzzy, took my old account, Datana took up fuzzy's old account. So that's the end of it

Try asking the two guys to stop hitting you, and I bet they will.

Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

Naquitis wrote:I bought Jaxin's account, Fuzzy, took my old account, Datana took up fuzzy's old account. So that's the end of it

Try asking the two guys to stop hitting you, and I bet they will.
Tyveris has pulled off, thankfully, but I haven't heard back from Nibelhim. No attacks from either today, though, so it looks like I'm safe for the time being.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
Agent Fisher
Rabid Monkey

Post by Agent Fisher »

Matt Huang wrote:Agathon, either upgrade your covert levels or spend your naq before it builds up to 100 mil. You've been hit twice in 48 hours, and while getting payback is amusing, it's also a hassle.
Thats because I left for a trip and forgot to put my account on vaction mode.
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

As with all battles, this one has been recorded for the official history of your realm. You, of course, are the first to know the results as they are reported directly to you first. This is the official report of the battle:

The army of Loki stormed the realm of Vertigo1!

Loki sent:
10,350 Anti-Intelligence Drone and 15,131 Attack Clone and 15,152 Attack Drone

Careful and thourough observation records that the troops were armed as follows:

6,000 Attack Clone have DNA Targeted Multispectrum Disintegration Weapon
6,000 Attack Clone have Gravity Manipulation Device
3,131 Attack Clone have Neutronium Bomb
2,869 Attack Drone have Neutronium Bomb
10,000 Attack Drone have DNA targeted Teleporter
2,283 Attack Drone have Wide Range LightRay Weapon

Opposite this, stood the forces of Vertigo1

Vertigo1 resisted the aggressors with:
1,245 Defense Clone and 3,225 Defense Drone
Careful and thourough observation records that the army carried the following arsenal:

455 Defense Clone have Time Dilation Field Generator
790 Defense Clone have DNA Configured Shield and Matter Disruption Field
3,210 Defense Drone have DNA Configured Shield and Matter Disruption Field
15 Defense Drone have Asgard Sensors

Loki, personally commanding The Slayer, their MotherShip, initiates the battle.
The Slayer hovers above the battle!

Loki's The Slayer adds 455,753,034 additional attack onto their ground troops!

The forces of Loki rush in full force, and inflict 911,506,068 damage on Vertigo1's forces!
It was confirmed that 76 of Vertigo1's forces fell at the hands of Loki's assult.

The forces of Vertigo1 fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 126,924,320 damage on Loki's forces!
They managed to eradicate 95 of Loki's troops.

The forces of Loki's Anti-Intelligence Drone break off from main attack force, and seek out Vertigo1's Undercover Agents!
311 Anti-Intelligence Drone are taken down by the defending army while attempting to disengage from the main battle!
The remaining Anti-Intelligence Drone engage the covert networks of the realm.
The Anti-Intelligence Drone outspied, outintelled, outwitted and overall overpowered the defending Undercover Agents at their own game!
With 168,821,455 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 20 of Vertigo1's Undercover Agents!

The damage done by the Anti-Intelligence Drone was directly influenced by their covert killing capacity, and the covert capacity of the defending Undercover Agents
The damage to the Anti-Intelligence Drone was directly influenced by the defending military power, and the strength of the Anti-Intelligence Drone

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...

Your Time Dilation Field Generator went from strength 2,700 to 2,686 (now 2686/2700 and 1 percent damaged)
Your DNA Configured Shield and Matter Disruption Field went from strength 675 to 657 (now 657/675 and 3 percent damaged)
Your Asgard Sensors went from strength 180 to 176 (now 176/180 and 2 percent damaged)
Your Communications Disruptor Field went from strength 50 to 47 (now 47/50 and 6 percent damaged)
Your Handheld Holographic Projector went from strength 25 to 24 (now 24/25 and 4 percent damaged)
Your Clone Warriors went from strength 10 to 10 (now 10/10 and 0 percent damaged)

The forces of Loki devastated those of Vertigo1
The forces of Vertigo1 flee from the battlefield! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

Considering what was available at the time in the realm of Vertigo1, it is recorded that
a total of 67,070,815 Naquadah was taken from the realm of Vertigo1

Many wonder if Vertigo1 will consider retaliation, but - when force meets force - there will have to be some changes in the preparedness of Vertigo1 before such a feat should wisely be considered!
Fucker.

http://www.stargatewars.com/stats.php?id=11930

Atleast I took down more of his forces than I lost.
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
The Yosemite Bear

shit with all the union stuff I had to do yestarday, and was dreading on me the night before I just realizedI went a day and a half without spending money, or putting my account on high alert....

ok I had >300,000,000 and no one attacked me :twisted:

Of course being a fully fortified asgaurd with mothership, (that ripped the last guy to attack me's mothership a new one at the cost of 5 shields to me)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Vertigo1 wrote:Fucker.

http://www.stargatewars.com/stats.php?id=11930

Atleast I took down more of his forces than I lost.
You have been avenged.
Sabotage Mission Report
With extreme stealth and malice, your 9,980 Infiltration Units sneak into the realm of Loki .
Your Infiltration Units move stealthily through the lands of Loki undetected, leaving a trail of destruction.

9481 of your Infiltration Units returned to provide this report.

Your Chief of Intelligence provides you with the information on the mission results:

Weapons Destroyed
Name Type Quantity Strength
Handheld Teleporter Attack 11000 5/5
Clone Warriors Defense 11000 10/10
Asgard Beam Weapon Attack 10000 10/10
Wide Range LightRay Weapon Attack 10000 20/20
Handheld Holographic Projector Defense 10000 25/25
DNA targeted Teleporter Attack 2505 30/30
Defense /
That should cost him a pretty penny to fix.
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Looks like he didn't take the hint.

The army of Loki stormed the realm of Vertigo1!

Loki sent:
10,039 Anti-Intelligence Drone and 15,100 Attack Clone and 15,088 Attack Drone

6,000 Attack Clone have DNA Targeted Multispectrum Disintegration Weapon
9,100 Attack Clone have Gravity Manipulation Device
6,900 Attack Drone have Gravity Manipulation Device
8,188 Attack Drone have Neutronium Bomb

Opposite this, stood the forces of Vertigo1

Vertigo1 resisted the aggressors with:
1,387 Defense Clone and 3,022 Defense Drone

455 Defense Clone have Time Dilation Field Generator
932 Defense Clone have DNA Configured Shield and Matter Disruption Field
3,022 Defense Drone have DNA Configured Shield and Matter Disruption Field

Loki, personally commanding The Slayer, their MotherShip, initiates the battle.
The Slayer hovers above the battle!

Loki's The Slayer adds 428,559,164 additional attack onto their ground troops!

The forces of Loki rush in full force, and inflict 857,118,329 damage on Vertigo1's forces!
It was confirmed that 75 of Vertigo1's forces fell at the hands of Loki's assult.

The forces of Vertigo1 fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 103,432,636 damage on Loki's forces!
They managed to eradicate 81 of Loki's troops.

The forces of Loki's Anti-Intelligence Drone break off from main attack force, and seek out Vertigo1's Undercover Agents!
301 Anti-Intelligence Drone are taken down by the defending army while attempting to disengage from the main battle!
The remaining Anti-Intelligence Drone engage the covert networks of the realm.
The Anti-Intelligence Drone outspied, outintelled, outwitted and overall overpowered the defending Undercover Agents at their own game!
With 163,433,692 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 22 of Vertigo1's Undercover Agents!

The damage done by the Anti-Intelligence Drone was directly influenced by their covert killing capacity, and the covert capacity of the defending Undercover Agents
The damage to the Anti-Intelligence Drone was directly influenced by the defending military power, and the strength of the Anti-Intelligence Drone

Your Time Dilation Field Generator went from strength 2,700 to 2,580 (now 2580/2700 and 4 percent damaged)
Your DNA Configured Shield and Matter Disruption Field went from strength 675 to 666 (now 666/675 and 1 percent damaged)
Your Asgard Sensors went from strength 180 to 176 (now 176/180 and 2 percent damaged)
Your Communications Disruptor Field went from strength 50 to 47 (now 47/50 and 6 percent damaged)
Your Handheld Holographic Projector went from strength 25 to 24 (now 24/25 and 4 percent damaged)
Your Clone Warriors went from strength 10 to 9 (now 9/10 and 10 percent damaged)

The forces of Loki tore apart those of Vertigo1
The forces of Vertigo1 flee from the battlefield! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

Considering what was available at the time in the realm of Vertigo1, it is recorded that
a total of 33,957,688 Naquadah was taken from the realm of Vertigo1

Many wonder if Vertigo1 will consider retaliation, but - when force meets force - there will have to be some changes in the preparedness of Vertigo1 before such a feat should wisely be considered!
He didn't take near as much this time though.

And before anyone asks, both covert and anti-covert are at lvl 16. The only way to get them any higher would be to go on a serious farming spree. At a combined cost of just over 700mil for that upgrade, I might as well buy a mothership. :P
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

He has been sabbed many times. Sadly, no real effect on his attack or defense, but maybe he'll get the point.
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

There, just dropped his attack down to 550 mil.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

If you're going to sab someone, sab them 'till you can't anymore. The real way to get rid of this guy would be to mass him then sab him. :) Plus it'd be a good way for you guys to learn massing lol

The Yosemite Bear

what is this massing you speak of?

I'm guessing everyone attacks this guy within an hour's span, so that even those who get beaten down manage to reduce his weapon's effectiveness even lower?

fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

Massing is when you keep attacking someone until their weapons are destroyed, and you have killed most of their defenders. You can also mass with anti covert and kill their spies too.
The Yosemite Bear

so essentially what I was trying/doing with some of the ostracised for practice?

come to think of it, we've already broken down the defenses on all the banned users and some of them I'm still killing 22-100 spies a time I raid them.

Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Heh, massing. So that's what it's called.

I've demolished some people's defenses from just attack/raids, but when they don't have anything worth taking, I'll just sab em.
Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

Ow.
The army of jonnybaby stormed the realm of Stile!

jonnybaby sent:
16 Assassin and 1,361 Super Soldier Raiders and 0 Jaffa Raiders

1,361 Super Soldier Raiders have Targeted Gate Weapon

Opposite this, stood the forces of Stile

Stile resisted the aggressors with:
1,622 Super Soldier Guards and 5,872 Jaffa Guards

620 Super Soldier Guards have Invisibility Technology
128 Super Soldier Guards have Sarcophagus
10 Super Soldier Guards have Personal Teleporter
454 Super Soldier Guards have MindControlled Slave Contingent
410 Super Soldier Guards have Externally Powered Force Shield
2,693 Jaffa Guards have Externally Powered Force Shield
1,935 Jaffa Guards have Handheld Shield Device
1244 Jaffa Guards came unarmed!

jonnybaby, personally commanding fat ass slag, their MotherShip, initiates the battle.
Stile was was commanding Lying Bastard, thier MotherShip.
fat ass slag hovers above the battle!
Lying Bastard meets it head on!
fat ass slag uses its Energy Volley to inflict 254,720,000 damage, destroying 7 Energy Shields on Lying Bastard!

Lying Bastard uses its Energy Volley to inflict 668,640,000 damage, destroying 4 Energy Shields on fat ass slag!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 6 Energy Volley!

Stile's Lying Bastard provides 16,250,000 additional defence power to the troops on the ground!

The forces of jonnybaby rush in full force, and inflict 89,053,387 damage on Stile's forces!
It was confirmed that 134 of Stile's forces fell at the hands of jonnybaby's assult.

The forces of Stile fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 56,194,102 damage on jonnybaby's forces!
They managed to eradicate 13 of jonnybaby's troops.

The forces of jonnybaby's Assassin break off from main attack force, and seek out Stile's Undercover Agents!
0 Assassin are taken down by the defending army while attempting to disengage from the main battle!
The remaining Assassin engage the covert networks of the realm.
Unfortunately, Stile's Undercover Agents were too good at what they do for you to effectively find, target and eliminate.

Your Invisibility Technology went from strength 2,560 to 2,516 (now 2516/2560 and 2 percent damaged)
Your Sarcophagus went from strength 640 to 629 (now 629/640 and 2 percent damaged)
Your Personal Teleporter went from strength 160 to 157 (now 157/160 and 2 percent damaged)
Your MindControlled Slave Contingent went from strength 40 to 38 (now 38/40 and 5 percent damaged)
Your Externally Powered Force Shield went from strength 20 to 19 (now 19/20 and 5 percent damaged)
Your Handheld Shield Device went from strength 10 to 9 (now 9/10 and 10 percent damaged)

The forces of jonnybaby tore apart those of Stile
The forces of Stile flee from the battlefield! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

Considering what was available at the time in the realm of Stile, it is recorded that
a total of 53,671,830 Naquadah was taken from the realm of Stile
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
The army of Stile stormed the realm of jonnybaby!

Stile sent:
3,502 Assassin and 1,562 Super Soldier Raiders and 6,505 Jaffa Raiders

258 Super Soldier Raiders have Targeted Gate Weapon
191 Super Soldier Raiders have Full Jaffa Division
102 Super Soldier Raiders have Death Glider
1,011 Super Soldier Raiders have Portable Energy Cannon
56 Jaffa Raiders have Portable Energy Cannon
1,396 Jaffa Raiders have Staff Weapon
2,029 Jaffa Raiders have Zat
3024 Jaffa Raiders came unarmed!

Opposite this, stood the forces of jonnybaby

jonnybaby resisted the aggressors with:
Massive armies of Super Soldier Guards and Jaffa Guards
They were armed with enough weapon power to force you to turn and run before getting a good look...

Stile, personally commanding Lying Bastard, their MotherShip, initiates the battle.
jonnybaby was was commanding fat ass slag, thier MotherShip.
Lying Bastard hovers above the battle!
fat ass slag meets it head on!
Lying Bastard uses its Energy Volley to inflict 668,640,000 damage, destroying 5 Energy Shields on fat ass slag!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 9 Energy Volley!

fat ass slag uses its Energy Volley to inflict 358,200,000 damage, destroying 6 Energy Shields on Lying Bastard!

The forces of Stile rush in full force, and inflict 13,539,567 damage on jonnybaby's forces!
It was confirmed that 0 of jonnybaby's forces fell at the hands of Stile's assult.

The forces of jonnybaby fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict devastating damage on Stile's forces! So much damage, in fact, that while running away Stile could not accurately judge the extent of the beating...
They managed to eradicate 218 of Stile's troops.

The forces of Stile's Assassin break off from main attack force, and seek out jonnybaby's Undercover Agents!
105 Assassin are taken down by the defending army while attempting to disengage from the main battle!
The remaining Assassin engage the covert networks of the realm.
The Assassin outspied, outintelled, outwitted and overall overpowered the defending Undercover Agents at their own game!
With 27,957,127 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 0 of jonnybaby's Undercover Agents!

The damage done by the Assassin was directly influenced by their covert killing capacity, and the covert capacity of the defending Undercover Agents
The damage to the Assassin was directly influenced by the defending military power, and the strength of the Assassin

Your Targeted Gate Weapon went from strength 1,810 to 1,705 (now 1705/2560 and 33 percent damaged)
Your Full Jaffa Division went from strength 483 to 445 (now 445/640 and 30 percent damaged)
Your Death Glider went from strength 115 to 112 (now 112/160 and 30 percent damaged)
Your Portable Energy Cannon went from strength 22 to 19 (now 19/40 and 53 percent damaged)
Your Staff Weapon went from strength 14 to 13 (now 13/20 and 35 percent damaged)
Your Zat went from strength 8 to 8 (now 8/10 and 20 percent damaged)

The forces of jonnybaby annihilated those of Stile
The forces of Stile flee from the battlefield! One could see glory on the face of the victors, and spite on the defeated!

The forces of Stile could not secure a foothold in the realms of jonnybaby!
The armies of Stile were forced out of the realm of jonnybaby in a none to glorious fashion! The defending forces were simply too much for them....
There are lessons to be learned here - old cliches of your race abound... biting and chewing...eyes and stomach...enemies and friends... too little too late.. stitch in time...books and covers --- but... one would guess that those defeated who lived were simply thankful for escape at the time, and running to become better prepared for the next excursion. It is sure that jonnybaby will be considering a return visit to Stile!

One additional fact: the forces of Stile were so completely overwhelmed that they could not even breach the perimiter of jonnybaby! As a result, it appears that the weapons and forces of jonnybaby suffered no damage!! Was it a suicide run? Proving some sort of unknown 'point'? Or maybe a tactical strike to recon the strength of the opposition? Nobody is 100% sure, but one thing is sure: the attack was eliminated before they even got close, and had no effect on the target!
That's okay, I upgraded my attack and defense and will be ready next time :twisted: