Flowers! (300k)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Flowers! (300k)

Post by TimothyC »

Here are some flower pictures I took a few days ago in my parent's back yard. I've made no changes to the images, as I just pulled them off the Camera. All of the 640*480 Images are links to the originals, which are a full 2048*1536, and thus big enough for Backgrounds (which you can use them for)

"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

I like the second picture, whatever the flower is.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

All of them except for the third (which is a Tulip) are various apple blossoms.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

I love the pretty pink tulip :) :luv:
I think I might use that as a desktop ;) Can I can I.. please? It's that time of year here and we have no flowers popping up in our garden yet :(
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Mrs Kendall wrote:I love the pretty pink tulip :) :luv:
I think I might use that as a desktop ;) Can I can I.. please? It's that time of year here and we have no flowers popping up in our garden yet :(
I would love it if you would use it as your background (it means a lot to me that some thinks my pictures are that good). I recomend using the big version though. However, if you want I can trim and resize it down to your screen Resolution for you (for a smaller download). :)
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

My resolution is 1400x1050 so whatever you think is best there ;)

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

More Pictures!

I call this next one "Hidden Roses"

This next one was the Hardest Shot to get, as I had to climb up on an old TV Antenna to get the shot, and the Momma and Pappa Birds didn't like me being so close the nest.

And more deatil, where you can make out two of the four chicks:

And to end this set, a Petunia, where none was planted:
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Darth Mall
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Mall »

Nice pictures.

What camera do you have?
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

FujiFilm FinePix A210. It only is a 3.2 Mega Pixel camera, but It's good enough for most of my uses.
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Pretty nice images. Do you mind if I place some of my own flower pictures in this thread?
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

I guess you can, but I'd rather you not. I was hopint to use this as a place for me to show off. :oops:
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

MariusRoi wrote:I guess you can, but I'd rather you not. I was hopint to use this as a place for me to show off. :oops:
Okey dokey. Just asking.
Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Minor (five picture) update:

TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

This is the image that I've made Mrs. K's New background off of. Unlike all of my other photos, I had a little help in taking this one. I had my dad hold up a peice of cardboard (out of the frame) to block the sunlight from over exposing the image. As a result, I got a very neat effect. Enjoy!

Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Cool shots :)

On the first set, the flash looks very harsh: you can probably adjust that in photoshop a bit by tweaking the colour balance. It's also a bit of a shame about the reflections on the leaves (especially on the pink tulip), although there probably isn't that much you can do about that without either shooting without a flash (it looks dark, so no), or using a directional flash or bouncing it off somthing (compact camera, so again no).

An other thing I'd change would be using a larger appeture (smaller f stop). This blurs the background more: in many of your pictures the background doesn't lend the shot anything in particular (red bricks, a fence etc), so there is no reason to have it in detail. A blurry background leaves the focus more on the object you're looking at (if you don't mind me posting an example, look at this). Don't go too far though: somthing I've noticed in shots I took when I first started to get to grip with appeture is that I was going all out, meaning that only tiny bits were in focus, when I actually wanted the whole subject. Also, try to get a bit closer in (mainly a few of the later ones where this applies) :)

Finally: Don't always have things center frame. I think it was somene on here who taught me the Rule of thirds, and it's certainly helped my photography along massively 8)

Anyway, some nice pictures, and beautiful plants. I hope I've been at least vaugely helpfull :)
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Pezzoni wrote:Cool shots :)
Thanks. :D
On the first set, the flash looks very harsh:
Yeah, I took that set at about 8 pm so the sun was already setting, and it was rainging so I didn't have a lot of ambient light.
you can probably adjust that in photoshop a bit by tweaking the colour balance.
One thing I'm rather proud of is that I haven't done any editing to my images (I also don't have photoshop or paintshop pro). This will probably change over the summer as I take a photography class.
It's also a bit of a shame about the reflections on the leaves (especially on the pink tulip), although there probably isn't that much you can do about that without either shooting without a flash (it looks dark, so no), or using a directional flash or bouncing it off somthing (compact camera, so again no).
Yeah, I'm limited by my camera. I'd love to get a better one, but with even my planed trip to Maine to visit my SO this summer canceled because of my car crash, it's out of the question for a while. :cry:
An other thing I'd change would be using a larger appeture (smaller f stop). This blurs the background more: in many of your pictures the background doesn't lend the shot anything in particular (red bricks, a fence etc), so there is no reason to have it in detail. A blurry background leaves the focus more on the object you're looking at (if you don't mind me posting an example, look at this). Don't go too far though: somthing I've noticed in shots I took when I first started to get to grip with appeture is that I was going all out, meaning that only tiny bits were in focus, when I actually wanted the whole subject.
Again, I'm limited by my camera, which doesn't let me adjust the f stop. If I ever get to use my parent's camera I might be able to do so, but I'm not sure. and I do have to say that is a great shot you have there.
Also, try to get a bit closer in (mainly a few of the later ones where this applies) :)
Rose Bushes are something that I don't like getting a lot closer to than I did for some of the recent shots. I really need to get a good tripod.
Finally: Don't always have things center frame. I think it was somene on here who taught me the Rule of thirds, and it's certainly helped my photography along massively 8)
The Rule of Thirds is useful, but I find that it can be a bitch to use properly (I was able to pull it off in the Tulip shot).
Anyway, some nice pictures, and beautiful plants. I hope I've been at least vaugely helpfull :)
Again, thanks. I hope you understand why I don't impliment them.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Ok, it took a while because I was having camera trouble (it didn't like my rechargable batteries for some reason), But I've got a new batch of pictures