[40K] Lyrics to the Ultramarine Chant?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

[40K] Lyrics to the Ultramarine Chant?

Post by Winston Blake »

Recently i've been listening to the awesome music from this Newgrounds animation. It's apparently from the game 'Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate' and i'm sure it could be downloaded from something like Limewire. By searching for 'warhammer'. If one were so inclined. Anyway, I've been trying to figure out what they're chanting, and google has been of surprisingly little help. So far i've got:

Agitatis Ultramarini,
Dominitis Ultramarini.

Presumably this simply means more-or-less 'Rise to action Ultramarines! Dominate them Ultramarines!' in Latin. I don't know if the grammar is right.

Also, in between the 'loud verses' there's an underlying chanting that i can't make out. So far i've got (phonetically):

Shim tomane ate sim
Kima sim arate sim

Anybody know Latin or have any ideas?
Robert Gilruth to Max Faget on the Apollo program: “Max, we’re going to go back there one day, and when we do, they’re going to find out how tough it is.”
Base Delta Zero
Padawan Learner

Post by Base Delta Zero »

Your translation seems pretty good on the top. The second verses, however, are not Latin. Perhaps they're Gothic/High Gothic?
Darth Wong wrote:If the Church did driver training, they would try to get seatbelts outlawed because they aren't 100% effective in preventing fatalities in high-speed car crashes, then they would tell people that driving fast is a sin and chalk up the skyrocketing death toll to God's will. And homosexuals, because homosexuals drive fast.
Peptuck wrote: I don't think magical Borg adaptation can respond effectively to getting punched by a planet.
Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

Post by Winston Blake »

Base Delta Zero wrote:The second verses, however, are not Latin. Perhaps they're Gothic/High Gothic?
Do you mean in the song or in my post? The second ones are a weak phonetic interpretation, e.g. i originally thought 'Agitatis Ultramarini' sounded like 'Au shitati ol dramanini'. If it's ambiguous, a->father, e->red, i->read/pin, o->old/order, u->boom/could. 'Agitate', 'dominate' and 'ultramarine' can be heard from normal English, but i can't hear any words to fit into the second verses' sounds.
Robert Gilruth to Max Faget on the Apollo program: “Max, we’re going to go back there one day, and when we do, they’re going to find out how tough it is.”
Base Delta Zero
Padawan Learner

Post by Base Delta Zero »

I was talking about

Shim tomane ate sim
Kima sim arate sim
That's definently not Latin. You seem to have correctly translated the other part, though.
Darth Wong wrote:If the Church did driver training, they would try to get seatbelts outlawed because they aren't 100% effective in preventing fatalities in high-speed car crashes, then they would tell people that driving fast is a sin and chalk up the skyrocketing death toll to God's will. And homosexuals, because homosexuals drive fast.
Peptuck wrote: I don't think magical Borg adaptation can respond effectively to getting punched by a planet.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Base Delta Zero wrote:I was talking about

Shim tomane ate sim
Kima sim arate sim
That's definently not Latin. You seem to have correctly translated the other part, though.
He may be mishearing, or not have the syllables in the the proper order. IE: "Shim tomane ate sim" could be "Shimto man neate sim"
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet