Pick's Art Thread 5 - Short Anim. Test

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Yes, with Pink you frankly can never know.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Sorry. Even I pale in comparison to a professional team of dozens of people who know what the fuck they're actually doing :P.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

So get a team of professionals. :P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Someday, when I am very, very wealthy perhaps :lol:.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Bah :P.

Okay, fine. So I bought Frametoon, now I'm playing around with it.

Please recognize this is my first attempt using a program in a language I can barely half-assed understand :wink:. And I'm sick. And yeah. Okay.

Here

There is also this I did in prep: a small sketchomation of no particular note:
Here

Again, PLEASE bear in mind I had NEVER used this program before, so it's half-assed and lazy.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

*nods* Definately crude, but a very good start and absolutely shows promise.
JADAFETWA
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Cool shit! I'll try and find that and test it out. :D

P.S. I thought it was funny how your own work was apparently fansubbed, since you can write english perfectly well. ;)
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

I've always thought the this story would be a kickass animated movie. Of course, I see everything that way.

Your art style translates to animation really well. It just needs a bit of refinement.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Okay, everything in japanese = out of my league. :P
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Pick wrote:Please recognize this is my first attempt using a program in a language I can barely half-assed understand Wink
I kind of alluded to that :P.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Here is the second Frametoon test. I'm starting to figure out what some of the REALLY IMPORTANT buttons are :lol:.
Last edited by Pick on 2006-05-08 07:13pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Pick wrote:Here is the second Frametoon test. I'm starting to figure out what some of the REALLY IMPORTANT buttons are :lol:.
So you are. :)

This makes the idea of an actual anime of Dark Councilors all the more appealing.

You should send a script to somebody or something. :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:lol: It's bad enough I'm considering eventually sending my manuscripst to a publisher.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Pick wrote::lol: It's bad enough I'm considering eventually sending my manuscripst to a publisher.
Go for it ;)

the worst that can happen is they never respond to you and it gets consigned to the dumpster...

<_<
>_>

Well, then again.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Something completely different!

Opencanvas 4
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Though your more realistic works tend to throw me off a bit, it is nevertheless very well done indeed. The "moody" expression works well.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Very nice Pick, for one brief moment I hounestly couldn't tell if that was "real" or not.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Is there any other medium you'd like to extend your hands into? Macroni pictures, perhaps? Anway, those animations are crude, but there really is potential. I'm impressed.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

It's very nice, as always, Pick :D

I have a question, though. This Frametoon program that you use, is it vector-based? I checked the site but, well, about the only Japanese characters that I know are ル, ン, ツ and の, so that did not go very well :(

Edit: Did not go well, I mean
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

It's not vector based, no. Sometimes I really wish OC/FT had even a basic vector function, but they really don't.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I'm reminded of Voices of the Stars, which was entirely animated by one person... just sayin'! :wink:
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Pick wrote:Here is the second Frametoon test. I'm starting to figure out what some of the REALLY IMPORTANT buttons are :lol:.
Is the hand supposed to come up like that or is it supposed to move smoother.

If it´s supposed to move smoother you need to check out the keyframing section of your Frametoon manual.

The pics are WOW like always. :D
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Reminds me of this one.

Your characters actually make a decent transition to a more realistic style- which was admittedly rather unexpected.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

salm wrote:
Is the hand supposed to come up like that or is it supposed to move smoother.
Or maybe I'm a seventeen year old girl who doesn't have time for a Disney FPS level.

Also, Frametoon's "manual" is a small guide in Japanese, which I can't read particularly well.