Pick's Art Thread 5 - Short Anim. Test

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Hopefully, the program comes with tools with which to fill in the gaps between key frames.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

No, it doesn't. It's not designed to do that. It's an old-school animator's tool. You draw the frames, it puts them together.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Nozoma:

Look at that colorful hair! See, Hoquer? Should have slept with her while she was offerin'! :P
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

Ooh I like the style and colors. But it looks like her right ear is a little too far forward?
"Do not worry, I have prepared something for just such an emergency."

"You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?!"

"That is correct!"

"How do you plan for that?"

"Uh... lucky guess?"
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Heh, she's pretty cute, though she looks a little serious. Comes with the territory, I suppose.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Pick wrote:
salm wrote:
Pick wrote:Here is the second Frametoon test. I'm starting to figure out what some of the REALLY IMPORTANT buttons are :lol:.
Is the hand supposed to come up like that or is it supposed to move smoother.
Or maybe I'm a seventeen year old girl who doesn't have time for a Disney FPS level.
Heh, don´t worry, no offence meant. :wink:
But you if you know the right button making stuff move smoothely is just two clicks. Honestly.
Also, Frametoon's "manual" is a small guide in Japanese, which I can't read particularly well.
Now, that might be a problem.
Here´s a link to Autodesks Combustion. They offer a thirty day trial version. The Program is in english as well as the manual.

Combustion Trial

and here´s a link to a bunch of official tutorials which are very good:
Combustion Tutorials
Last edited by salm on 2006-05-10 05:10am, edited 2 times in total.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Those ears seem a little off, but that hair is simply amazing.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:Look at that colorful hair! See, Hoquer? Should have slept with her while she was offerin'! :P
Yeah, I'd hit that too. But that begs the question: Is Hoquer able to hit that?
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:
Pick wrote:Look at that colorful hair! See, Hoquer? Should have slept with her while she was offerin'! :P
Yeah, I'd hit that too. But that begs the question: Is Hoquer able to hit that?
Well, once she's twenty, I don't see why he couldn't :P.

Salm, I appreciate the suggestion, but I really don't have that kind of money :?.

----------

Gothy inkwork!

Pens. On paper.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:I don't see why he couldn't :P.
I recall a passing reference to people with highly advanced Good traits being unable to reproduce. Or are they simply sterile and you just refrain from drawing the naughty bits? :?:

And woah, you can write like that? :shock:
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Gothy inkwork!

*snip*

Pens. On paper.
DUDE. *hand involuntarily makes grasping motion* THAT SCYTHE. :shock:
JADAFETWA
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Kuja wrote:
Pick wrote:Gothy inkwork!

*snip*

Pens. On paper.
DUDE. *hand involuntarily makes grasping motion* THAT SCYTHE. :shock:
Hell yes. :)
Looks certainly like a blade fit for Desunius.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote: I recall a passing reference to people with highly advanced Good traits being unable to reproduce. Or are they simply sterile and you just refrain from drawing the naughty bits? :?:
He's sterile, but entirely capable of engaging in an attempt at reproduction :P. Good people even tend to fuck around a bit, worst comes to worst someone gets pregnant and they need more population anyway. I generally just don't detail the crotch because I am a teenager, and thus would not be able to handle that in a mature manner :wink:.
And woah, you can write like that? :shock:
I did that on computer. I can write like that, but I can't find my calligraphy pens since I haven't used them in so long :cry:.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Hoquer's, I presume? Also, that ink work is just plain drool worthy.
What is Project Zohar?

Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

I'm really digging that inkpen style. I'd pay to get art done like that.
By His Word...
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Hoquer's, I presume? Also, that ink work is just plain drool worthy.
Probably Hoquer's, though this isn't a story scene. Still, when you're working with that size, there's an extremely limited number of people whom it could have belonged to. Maybe Desunius :P.

As for my inkwork, not to toot my own horn, but I'm a damn good inker. :) Actually, I think some of my best inkwork was in a horribly involved comic project... that I never finished. I drew fourty-two pages, and inked perhaps twenty six or twenty seven of them... and then gave up. Some of looked pretty good, too, which is kind of sad now. Oh, I also toned about twelve of them. Damn, what a waste of time. Actually, as I type this, I'm going though them. Damnit! Why didn't I finish these? I spent so long on this and I swore I wasn't going to give up! Bah. Well, I couldn't draw as well back then... I'll ink the Dark Councilors chapter I'm planning to do this well though. Damnit. Someday.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ink and an Opencanvas level shift for purple goodness.

Seriously.

Sketched in about four minutes for you curious people. Oh, though I put Verdigris on the wrong line since I forgot about her, she's supposed to be between line 6 and 5. I forgot that I changed her height. Anyway, bear in mind that Alder, Nozoma, whatever aren't really short, but they aren't like the really ancient ones who are unusually imposing, even for adults.

And see why the kids almost shat themselves when Umber stood up? :lol:
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I knew Umber got his incredible height from his digitigrade posture, but Hoquer must get his by virtue of being a massive hulking giant. :shock:

And that is the coolest. Chair. Evar!!
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Holy crap. I mean, I knew they were tall, but they're just fething giants. I can understand the kiddies' reaction now. He's practically twice their height, tall enough to make Edge look like a child, and still large enough to make Desunius not look like a monster.
What is Project Zohar?

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Hoquer is as tall as Umber? I guess I can see another reason why Zixer hates him so much. :wink:

And is that Edge's Council seat? It suits him.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Xess
Jedi Knight

Post by Xess »

While I haven't read Dark Councilors I am always amazed by your artwork Pick. It's fraking awesome!

And I had no idea you were only 17, I thought you were 25 or something.:P
Image[
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Ink and an Opencanvas level shift for purple goodness.
:luv:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:I knew Umber got his incredible height from his digitigrade posture, but Hoquer must get his by virtue of being a massive hulking giant. :shock:
Well, Desunius is also digitigrade, but not as much. Even if Umber stood on his heels, though, he'd still be considerably taller than she is. Umber is actually a bit stunted due to environmental factors. Hoquer, however, is just plain fucking huge, yes. See why he's convenient to rally behind? You can really inspire some faith when you're all but larger-than-life 8). I mean, hell, Selia's tall enough to demand some authority, but Hoquer's got serious stature. He's also older than Umber, which you may or may not have suspected.
And that is the coolest. Chair. Evar!!
I did it last, and I was lazy, so I barely sketched it out first :lol:. I think it came out good though, so thank you!
Ford Prefect wrote:Holy crap. I mean, I knew they were tall, but they're just fething giants. I can understand the kiddies' reaction now. He's practically twice their height, tall enough to make Edge look like a child, and still large enough to make Desunius not look like a monster.
Oh yes :P. Remember, they never completely stop growing... . Most people make it to about a hundred or so, but once you start racking up the years after that, your stature will definitely set you apart. Umber, Hoquer and Desunius, however, are really above and beyond. Once you've reached that degree, you've basically asserted your position through clear, defined ability to survive. In Syvoria, and as a Llanlleian sinner, that's no small feat 8).
Noble Ire wrote:Hoquer is as tall as Umber? I guess I can see another reason why Zixer hates him so much. Wink

And is that Edge's Council seat? It suits him.
:lol: Zixer is the little boy of the Llanlleian officials. I mean, seriously, comparing him to Hoquer is just pitiful. Zixer looks like a fucking middle-schooler without outside context. As for the seat, nah... I just thought it looked cool :D.
Xess wrote:And I had no idea you were only 17, I thought you were 25 or something.Razz
Do I look that old? *faints*

:P
Kuja wrote::luv:
Edge :luv:s you too :P.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote:Oh yes :P. Remember, they never completely stop growing... . Most people make it to about a hundred or so, but once you start racking up the years after that, your stature will definitely set you apart. Umber, Hoquer and Desunius, however, are really above and beyond. Once you've reached that degree, you've basically asserted your position through clear, defined ability to survive. In Syvoria, and as a Llanlleian sinner, that's no small feat 8).
Height equals power! Invader Zim flashbacks! Flying monkeys, whee!

Sorry. Of course, it makes sense - height equals age which in turns equals experience and quite probably skill.
What is Project Zohar?

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Do azzarn eventually die of senescence? Or did they never have that idiotic "hack parts of your DNA off when you replicate it" flaw that Earth life suffers from?