Pick's Art Thread 5 - Short Anim. Test

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Height equals power! Invader Zim flashbacks! Flying monkeys, whee!

Sorry. Of course, it makes sense - height equals age which in turns equals experience and quite probably skill.
Well at least skill in surviving. Piln probably couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag, but he can run a crappy run-down department with all due finesse (AKA not much, but enough.) :wink: In all seriousness, though, yes. If you live a long time, you've got something worthwhile keeping you alive, even if it's just luck. Hell, Edge survived on luck for a long time :lol:.
Darth Raptor wrote:
Do azzarn eventually die of senescence? Or did they never have that idiotic "hack parts of your DNA off when you replicate it" flaw that Earth life suffers from?
No. Azzarn, Zaa, and Lazaari cannot die with age. They don't even grow weaker with time as long as they maintain the necessary practice and excercise of their skills. Hoquer, for instance, is stronger now than he ever was before in terms of physical aptitude.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

No. Azzarn, Zaa, and Lazaari cannot die with age.
For some reason, it had never occured to me that all of them were "immortal"; why aren't there more supra-ancient beings around, at least in parts of each nation that haven't ever been conquered? Are most sent into battle at one time or another? Are diseases especially virulent and fatal?

As an aside, have the Lazaari been mentioned before? I don't recall the name.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

I would expect starvation to be the major killer of Syvorians. Wheras, in Llanlleia, it would be "retirement" as impurities begin to manifest themselves.

In addition to the war, of course.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Accidents, war, suicide, starvation, "culling", fights, disease; there's plenty of ways people can die without age being a factor. Also, both sides suffer relatively low birth rates compared to general population. The war also kills inordinate amounts of young people --most die in their first couple battles, especially in Llanlleia. As Desunius noted, she can easily cut down nearly innumerable young, callow soliders in a day. They're basically cannon fodder. Llanlleians also tend to die more easily in battle because they lack the same regard for self-preservation. Young Syvorians often die as a result of starvation, directly or indirectly. They may simply starve, or be culled for food if times are hard enough. Mm, mm, good! :D (Mmm, mm, Evil?)

As for exceptionally ancient people, well, generally they don't exist for a variety of reasons. In Llanlleia, the willingness for sacrifice often puts one's life at low measure, so they're willing to do things generally considered suicidal where a Syvorian wouldn't --as far as the war is concerned. A large portion of Llanlleians serve in the war at one point or another --everyone's required to train and drafts are common when traditional troop sources run low (and their population is already insufficient.) On a more everyday basis, there are a lot of older Llanlleians in areas where the war isn't a major concern, but once you reach a certain point it's really not tough to be killed accidentally, or finally succumb to disease. Every day is playing the odds that you're going to fall off a cliff or choke on a turnip or whatever. You need to be very dedicated to your survival to consistantly skirt the odds... at which point, you're running a serious risk of Evil. Nice catch-22.

In Syvoria, age tends to mean accumulated power and ability --hence becoming more impressive for both Llanlleians and fellow Syvorians to off you. Also, murder is situationally legal in Syvoria :wink:. More common factors keep the number of older individuals relatively low (I mean those over about 150-200) and from there, a decided incentive tends to emerge for those who might wish to kill them.

On the Lazaari (who now have an extra "a" in their name for added flavor!): they're... rather absent. Basically only the Zaa suspect/know that Lazaari exist, and they may or may not be right about that. The Zaa believe that they're boulders among pebbles, and that the Lazaari are mountains among boulders :). Sadly, if the Lazaari exist, they sure don't seem to care that the Zaa are so loyal... there's not a single Zaa who will honestly acknowledge they've seen one.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

And so it's still arty!

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Somehow, I actually can picture Umber and Desunius as bestest friends. When two people who are so nothing alike come into contact, they'll either annihilate or combine to create a well-balanced couple. ^_^
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Aww, cute!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

It's been a while since you've drawn a picture of Ryvara. Very nice. :)

And indeed, Umber and Desunius are very cute. They'd make rather good avatars, actually...
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Noble Ire wrote:It's been a while since you've drawn a picture of Ryvara. Very nice. :)
I tend to forget which characters I have and haven't drawn :wink:. I usually draw my favorites, and everyone who isn't in the top three or four... I tend to neglect :oops:. That's why recommendations of DC artwork are always welcome.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Okay, I recommend Shader throwing around kickass spells. :twisted:
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

If anything I'd like to see the Monarch again. Something about the vivid eyes and multiple sets of ears... :D
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Sketch version.

And I should draw Selia! She needs more love! (especially considering she's unilaterally denied it canonically because of her position...)
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:And I should draw Selia! She needs more love! (especially considering she's unilaterally denied it canonically because of her position...)
The poor dear...
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Well romance is a conflict of interests :P.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:Well romance is a conflict of interests :P.
But that's what keeps things interesting! :P
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Yes. Yes, it is 8).

And now for my stress-relief: a nice, relaxing dose of complete stupidity!

Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Crush-ed!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

OMG! Those are awesome! :lol:

Shader is my hero. And I must admit, I really want to read Book!. :P
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Hehe. I didn't notice how giant the scroll was at first, but I did the second time through. :lol:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote: Shader is my hero. And I must admit, I really want to read Book!. :P
The author was clearly very excited at the prospect of relaying their wealth of information in written format. :P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Read the story update first, if you read Dark Councilors :wink:. Then it's even cuter.

--------

ALSO, remember! She's not really small, he's just... fucking huge.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

That's absolutely flawless. It goes with the update perfectly.

Castervakking profound, Pick! XD
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Darth Raptor wrote:That's absolutely flawless. It goes with the update perfectly.

Castervakking profound, Pick! XD
I couldn't agree more. Also, a total awwwwww moment. :luv:
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

That's really good, it reminds me of in the Ultimates comics, it takes a talent to make a giant person look authentically giant in the world, rather than just, well, like a bluescreened giant person in a film.

Only thing I was unsure about is the foreshortening on his right foot (our pov), but it might just be crazy enough to work, since I noticed his other foot isn't humanlike.

But yeah, good stuff.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

His toes are the size of her foot! :shock:
JADAFETWA