new cash out july 4th

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

new cash out july 4th

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes the man in black releses an album two and 3/4 years from beyond the grave.

a Hundred Highways
1. Help Me
2. God' Gonna Cut You Down
3. Like the 309 (finished Post Haustumusly)
4. If You Could read my Mind
5. Further on up the Road
6. The Evening Train
7. I came to Believe
8. Love's been good to me
9. A legend in my time
10. Rose of my heart
11. Four Strong Winds
12. Im free from the Chain Gang now

produced by Rick Rubin
Nick Cave, and Willie Nelson also appear on some of the songs
John Carter Cash editted and did sound board work (including assembling song #3 from incomplete tracks)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

That's... rather disturbingly impressive.

I'm guessing he had a backlog of stuff they've finally managed to steal the rights to.
The Yosemite Bear

nope he was working on the album at the time he died, John Carter Cash and Rosanne Cash had a little sibling squabble that held the release up for a while. :twisted:

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Ah. Money grubbing pricks. Almost as bad as Ted William's corpse.
The Yosemite Bear

not exactly, Rosanne was more concerned about her father's legacy, and didn't want the albulm completed since he wasn't there to finish it. The two of them chose to auction the majority of the estate to charity.

Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Alright, so I'm entirely wrong about everything. That's generally how this works. I still stand by Ted William's son being a prick, though.
The Yosemite Bear

true

no, since his death in 2003, his family has sued a republican canidate for using his music without permission (donated the funds to the children's hospital in germany), and mostly argued about the movie project, how they wished for their father/stepfather to be presented, and worked on auctions/estate consolidation and giving the majority of the estate to SOS Children's Hospital in Germany.

Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Wow, this really confused me for a moment. I thought the thread was going to be about some new dollar bill design.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Alan Bolte wrote:Wow, this really confused me for a moment. I thought the thread was going to be about some new dollar bill design.
Nope. Cash with a Johnny in front of it.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:not exactly, Rosanne was more concerned about her father's legacy, and didn't want the albulm completed since he wasn't there to finish it. The two of them chose to auction the majority of the estate to charity.
Did they auction off the estate in Jamaica as well?
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
The Yosemite Bear

I don't know a lot of stuff is being auctioned online right now with the whole proceeds going to charity.

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Found an article for those interested. They've raised $1.2 million so far.

BBC
Johnny Cash auction raises $1.2m
Cash's custom-made abalone-inlaid acoustic guitar
Cash's acoustic guitar sold for more than six times its estimated price
Items belonging to the late Johnny Cash fetched $1.24m (£692,000) on the first day at auction in New York on Tuesday.

Collectors paid up to 15 times the expected prices for the late country music star's possessions.

A custom-made abalone-inlaid acoustic guitar - expected to reach $20,000 (£11,650) - sold for $131,200 (£73,200).

Sotheby's had estimated the three-day sale would raise about $1.5m, but the final total is likely to exceed that. Cash died in September 2003.

The auction's 769 lots trace the five decades of his career and his life with June Carter Cash, who died last May.

Sharon Graves, of Nebraska, who bought the guitar, already had an extensive collection of Cash memorabilia thanks to her late husband Terry, a lifelong fan.

Johnny Cash
Cash died in September 2003 after complications from diabetes
She said: "It'll be the centrepiece of the collection. I bought it in Terry's memory."

The guitar was made in the 1960s by Billy Grammer and labelled "Custom Made For Johnny Cash".

Other items to fetch more than the expected prices were a photo of Elvis Presley inscribed "June, I love you", which sold for $18,000 (£10,000) and pair of silver Tiffany centrepieces which made £42,000 (£23,300).

Items from Folsom Prison including a striped prisoner's jacket, presented to Cash by a warden after he performed there, sold for $6,000 (£3,350).

Recognisable

Leila Dunbar, head of Sotheby's collectables department, said: "We always expected this auction to be a success, simply because of the stature Johnny and June have attained.

"Here you have the most recognisable union in country music."

Still up for sale at the auction, which ends on Thursday, are several of Cash's trademark black jackets, a 1987 Rolls Royce and the grand piano featured in Cash's last video, Hurt.

The sale's proceeds will go to the Cash estate.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.