Pick's Art and Stuff Thread 5 - DEAD - No More Posts Please

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Edge won't win me over until he bests an opponent by stabbing himself in the nerts.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

All the chairs are the same size: designed for real, ancient Councilors. The problem is she's just a bit comparatively tiny :P.

I find it odd I write a story kind of about a war, but I don't know shit about such things :P. Oh the fuck well.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Niiiiice. Thank you Pick!
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Crunchy. And Dez looks muchos grande fully armoured.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Thanks Pick. :)
It does make sense that Llanellian infanty would be much better equipped than their opponents, although I would imagine Syvorians wouldn't be adverse to scoring a few bits of armor from a dead battlefield. If they survived, of course.

And Desunius is a tank. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

[quote="Noble Ire"]...
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:32pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

That could be a kickass expanded drawing pick. The pose is just awesome.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

[quote="Ace Pace"]
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Wow, Verdigris really is ripped. And that poor bastard is just ripped up. I really like these rapid fire sketches. You can cover such a wide breadth of material in so little time.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

[qu
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Edit- You know, Darth Raptor has a point. Edge should be hated and feared not only for stabbing himself and killing people like that, he should do it in painful places. I mean, who's going to approach a man who can start puncturing your genitals from line of sight distance with 100% accuracy? I know for certain that 50% of the Llanelian armies would retreat after hearing of the way he kills his victims. That is probably why all the non-Basal Key Llanelian warriors we've seen are female. :)

Wow. I never thought of Caia as so... willowy. I figured as a fighter she'd be a kind of less sprightly than that.

You know, Pick, you spoil us readers. Not only do we get good writing, we get a huge amount of it [150k words and counting], and we get well-drawn illustrations and sketches (even pictures drawn to request!). You're ruining my enjoyment of other, lesser stories that aren't written as well and don't have pretty pictures. But don't let that observation stop you from doing so, of course. :wink:
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

You know, Pick, you spoil us readers. Not only do we get good writing, we get a huge amount of it [150k words and counting], and we get well-drawn illustrations and sketches (even pictures drawn to request!). You're ruining my enjoyment of other, lesser stories that aren't written as well and don't have pretty pictures. But don't let that observation stop you from doing so, of course.
Yeah... :(

:wink:

Still, Pick has inspired me to at least try at illustrating my own works, if only to help me visualize characters better.

And Kamina is jawesome. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: Oh, and for all you of little imagination! :wink: (:luv:)

If it talks like a ditz, walks like a ditz, and acts like a ditz, it still might be able to kill you.
Consider me converted.
What is Project Zohar?

Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Ford Prefect wrote: Consider me converted.
Me too.

But then I've always liked Kamina, the original in 'Sooooopah Kyoooooot!' . [God damn I love that phrase.]

I get sort of American McGee's Alice vibes off of that picture what with the cute, sprighty girl holding a bloody scythe. Except that it doesn't suck, and McGee's Alice did.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Don't get me wrong, I liked Kamina as a character. She was kind and caring and a genuinely nice person. It's just that I couldn't see her as a fighter, even though common sense told me that she'd fucking nasty in a scrap.
What is Project Zohar?

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Oh Desunius...you are too amazing for mere words to describe...:luv::luv::luv:

Thank you Pick.
You know, I look at this and I don't even need to imagine it; I can hear the string of four-letter words running through Hyral's head. :D
You gonna finish that? :P
That is one nicely stylized warhammer.
*sniff* Aw Selia.... :(
Caia reminds me of Beatrix in more ways than one...and is she part avian? (IE, is her totemic critter birdlike?)
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

You're welcome, Kuja! Thank you very much for your compliments!

Caia's.. I dunno. I kind of see her as a flightless bunny-bird. Call me nuts :P.

*write write*
You guys are all going to hate Zixer so much by tomorrow (/tomorrow evening) :luv:.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote: *write write*
You guys are all going to hate Zixer so much by tomorrow (/tomorrow evening) :luv:.
But we already hate Zixer! So...

Shit, who does he kill?

Hoquer. Oh... Hoquer is pretty screwed, isn't he? Zixer feels jilted by Kamina and he's going to get Hoquer killed somehow. And we get the Hoquer Bo- erm, Restrained scene and Nozoma sneaking in and being all emotiony.

Pick, I better be wrong! Hoquer hasn't killed Edge yet, he's not allowed to die! :wink:
Last edited by Duckie on 2006-05-29 01:28am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:You're welcome, Kuja! Thank you very much for your compliments!

Caia's.. I dunno. I kind of see her as a flightless bunny-bird. Call me nuts :P.
Well that would explain the ears. :wink:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

MRDOD wrote:
Pick wrote: *write write*
Hoquer. Oh... Hoquer is pretty screwed, isn't he? Zixer feels jilted by Kamina and he's going to get Hoquer killed somehow. And we get the Hoquer Bo- erm, Restrained scene and Nozoma sneaking in and being all emotiony.
I love hearing predictions but you are completely, totally wrong :P.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:
MRDOD wrote:
I love hearing predictions but you are completely, totally wrong :P.
Let's think, then.

Zixer won't do anything Evil... on purpose... so he might be tricked into doing it. But by who? Nobody evil is around. Himself? Maybe Zixer does something retarded with far reaching consequences?

Or maybe he kills somebody, but it isn't Hoquer. Who do we care about... Nozoma? I don't Pick would do that. The whole Hoquer's Family plot hasn't been resolved yet. Kamina? Unlikely. Maybe Zixer goes crazy... with jealousy... and? Nah. If it's not Hoquer, Zixer doesn't kill anybody. So we're back to "He did something evil and it screws people over."

Oooh. This is a tough one to predict.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

I highly doubt Zixier will do something Evil. He might do something evil, however.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:I highly doubt Zixier will do something Evil. He might do something evil, however.
8) Now you're thinkin'! :luv:
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:I highly doubt Zixier will do something Evil. He might do something evil, however.
8) Now you're thinkin'! :luv:
That's what I was getting at. Zixer's the type to burn an entire village at the stake to get at a few sinners.

But which character is the metaphorical village? And which sins has Zixer seen to warrant such inquisitorial brutality?