Stargate Wars! Get enslaved now! the 2nd

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

Could be. It's one of our own, actually. So if they see the thread and want to speak up, they can. I don't really mind at the moment, but if they keep jumping, I'll just go for the fire on sight option.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:Could be. It's one of our own, actually. So if they see the thread and want to speak up, they can. I don't really mind at the moment, but if they keep jumping, I'll just go for the fire on sight option.
You should really go around and see who in your alliance still plays. I know that I actually farm one of your members, as he lacks a defense, and is accumulating turns and UU with no training or use in sight. He makes a nice farm. :) So I would suggest going through and getting rid of those whom are no longer playing.

On another note, is there anyone here who is gaining G&R points/has 1001 G&R points? I'm open to helping anyone who wishes help to ascend.
Dear English speaking Internet users: please learn how to speak English.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Naquitis wrote:
Necromancer of Rath wrote:Could be. It's one of our own, actually. So if they see the thread and want to speak up, they can. I don't really mind at the moment, but if they keep jumping, I'll just go for the fire on sight option.
You should really go around and see who in your alliance still plays. I know that I actually farm one of your members, as he lacks a defense, and is accumulating turns and UU with no training or use in sight. He makes a nice farm. :) So I would suggest going through and getting rid of those whom are no longer playing.
I've been meaning to cull the ranks again, I should do that soon. In fact, maybe i'll send that message around tonight.
EDIT: A message has been sent around. If you're in the alliance and still playing, either send me a message in game, here, or post in the thread.
On another note, is there anyone here who is gaining G&R points/has 1001 G&R points? I'm open to helping anyone who wishes help to ascend.
I am gaining G&R and am at 620 currently. I think myself and RepliLancer are the only members of the alliance gaining G&P. Gizmo, of course, is still in those ranks.
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

I haven't gotten and G&R points yet, but i've been building my UP a bit more recently.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

Still playing, though on gizmo's old account rather than my original one. New username's Tehuty. You'll have to ask gizmo what happened to Djehuti, my original account.

At the moment, I'm harvesting UUs in preparation for several big payments and a jump in the rankings. My ranking has actually fallen quite a bit due to selling off most of my attack weapons.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Playing, currently on PPT for a few more hours.
I converted everything except human-forms into miners for the duration of my PPT, because the retraining costs are more than made up by the extra income during the 48h PPT period.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

Of course I'm still playing; I wouldn't have given you back the alliance leadership if I weren't. :P
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Well, I'm still here. Still slowly moving up the ranks...
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
A-Wing_Slash
Padawan Learner

Post by A-Wing_Slash »

I am still playing too.
Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

Me too 8)
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

I'm still around. Been building up my defenses to limit farming by players with 2-digit ranks, now focusing more on raising UU and augmenting the Mothership, in preparation for raising my offense as well.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

Still playing. Not to any serious extent though, all I've got are about 100,000 miners, a few thousand super soldiers with invisibility devices, my mothership (go Eschatologist!) and some spare Jaffa who haven't been upgraded yet. When should I be considering attacking people, and how do I go about this?
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Alliance member culling has been completed. If anyone was dropped who sent a message, I apologize for that. No slight was intended, I just can't read lists all the time. Feel free to join again.
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

Oh snap, we can conquer planets now.
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Quadlok wrote:Oh snap, we can conquer planets now.
And changing your realm alert level costs turns. And even more, you can only be attacked so many times before you're forced into a hubernation state.

The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Fleets are only useful if you're planning on attacking planets or adding weapons capacity is really expensive for you. For Asgard, they provide about 1/16 the offense points per Naquadah spent when compared to energy volleys.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

I think I'm going to like this new planet system. One day's search and I've already got one extra planet in my realm. It's even got its own little SGC designation (which you can change to a name of your choice, of course).
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

Got a planet on my first search, but it was swiped from me within a few hours by someone with rank 36. He's since reinforced it up to the wazoo, so I'm not getting it back anytime soon.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Hmmm, strange. I got my Covert+AntiCovert ranked as 447 for a while.
Its 1000 now but I noticed that I somehow gained 26 Glory and Reputation points.
Also, my first expedition for nearby planets was fruitless. Oh, if at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed. :roll:
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

My first search was also fruitless, but I sent my mothership out again this morning, and will probably continue to do so until I get at least a few planets.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

I got my first one. P3X-725 is an attack booster, currently adding about 4.5 million to my attack ability. I've promptly added defensive buildings, to the point where an attacking Mothership would need about 300 fleets to defeat my defenses.
BattleTech for SilCore
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Ehh, I've got 10 planets already. Searching is pretty stupid, just build some fleets and rob some from a few idiots/n00bs.

Forum awarded 25 G&R points to everyone because ranks were screwed up for some reason.

Ar-Adunakhor
Jedi Knight

Post by Ar-Adunakhor »

So hey... I was thinking about signing up, but am presently unsure as to how it compares with other games in the same vein.

Say, for instance, I was the king of a top 50 BF kingdom in Utopia... would doing well in SGW require the same kind of time investment, co-ordination, and ruthlessness?
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Ar-Adunakhor wrote:So hey... I was thinking about signing up, but am presently unsure as to how it compares with other games in the same vein.

Say, for instance, I was the king of a top 50 BF kingdom in Utopia... would doing well in SGW require the same kind of time investment, co-ordination, and ruthlessness?
Having not played Utopia, I don't know what to compare to, but SGW takes lots of time, lots of co-ordination, and lots of ruthlessness.

The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

No I got farmed just before the changes took place, my friend Crystal got atttacked every day for a week by somebody with 5 times as much offense as they had defense, and a mothership that did about 20 shields damage to mine. (he attacked me as well), before Me, Crystal, and two others, sabbed, and attacked this guy with so much stuff that under the new rules, he's now in hibernation (we kinda eliminated all his defense troops (he only had a 6k to begin with)

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin