Pick's Art and Stuff Thread 5 - DEAD - No More Posts Please

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Hate Zixer more than I do already? My dear, I don't believe that is possible. :P

(You'll prove me wrong though, of course)
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

MRDOD, Zixier believes that Hoquer's Evil traits make him a bad person, even though he also possesses more Good traits than most people can claim; probably more than Zixier himself has. Quite frankly, Zixier is likely to punish people for only the most minor of heresies - if he was a character in 1984 he'd be more orthodox than Symes.

However, despite his attempts at being Good, Zixier is still fundamentally flawed. He's arrogant, judges others so harshly and is very vindictive. I do believe he has problems controlling his temper. Perhaps he does something to Nozoma?
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Ford Prefect wrote:MRDOD, Zixier believes that Hoquer's Evil traits make him a bad person, even though he also possesses more Good traits than most people can claim; probably more than Zixier himself has. Quite frankly, Zixier is likely to punish people for only the most minor of heresies - if he was a character in 1984 he'd be more orthodox than Symes.

However, despite his attempts at being Good, Zixier is still fundamentally flawed. He's arrogant, judges others so harshly and is very vindictive. I do believe he has problems controlling his temper. Perhaps he does something to Nozoma?
I could believe Zixer doing something to Nozoma. I can't believe Pick having Zixer do something Zixer-ish to Nozoma. That's why I ruled it out- Metagaming ftw. :P

On the other hand, it would make us all hate him. It's plausable it could be something scarring and terrible but non-fatal, which wouldn't interfere with the plot.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Actually, I'd almost be willing to bet it *does* have something to do with Nozama. I really don't see any other weakness for Zixer to exploit. He could invoke some obscure law and make a case that Hoquer is unfit to have an apprentice/foster daughter and the Monarch would be obliged to split them up.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

PREVIEW! :D
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Monodominance! RAR!

(40k reference)
JADAFETWA
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Darth Raptor wins! Flawless victory!
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Darth Raptor wins! Flawless victory!
*victory music!*

YOU GAIN:
66EXP
120 Gil
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Called it! I am so awesome. Go me! :mrgreen:
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: *victory music!*

YOU GAIN:
66EXP
120 Gil
Interesting train of thought just went flying through my head: you say victory music, I think Final Fantasy; then I jumped to the victory music scene in Advent Children, in which (if you haven't seen it) a silver haired man with fantastic combat abilities appears. Hoquer has silver hair, and fantastic combat abilities. Will he appear? Will Zixier get the absolute living shit beaten out of him (doubtful, but hey)?

I can't wait.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Now you don't have to! Update, wheee! :lol:
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

img
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

RAR?

:P

Sorry, I had to.
But anyways, I am, as always, impressed by your ability to convey emotion, even with just a sketch like that. I'm starting work on that in my own drawing (although, mastering the shape still remains at the forefront of my efforts). :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Fruity little devil!

:P Opencanvas 4 Plus
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

That's evil Shader? No offense, but he looks a bit more... depressed... than evil. I guess maybe I can see that working, with him being so... angelic-looking and yet slightly "off" as he kills people, burns villages, and generally acts somewhat unnice to human life and dignity, but IMO, This Shader gets the evil better.

Unless you meant "Evil", in which case yes his fur is rather dark and his nails are pointy now. :P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:P Shader hasn't gone completely Evil, though. He's running the line with a bit of both sides. The reason Alder's so bloody pissed at Shader is that Shader doesn't care.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Oh, something dawned on me, though.

These are Opencanvas, so there's event files I can upload that show the progression of the piece in question, insofar as it was accomplished digitally. If anyone wants to see these event files (which play like movies) I'll upload them and give you a link to where you can download a thirty-day trial of the program required to play them.

Just in case you're curious :wink:.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Pick wrote:Oh, something dawned on me, though.

These are Opencanvas, so there's event files I can upload that show the progression of the piece in question, insofar as it was accomplished digitally. If anyone wants to see these event files (which play like movies) I'll upload them and give you a link to where you can download a thirty-day trial of the program required to play them.

Just in case you're curious :wink:.
I'd like to have such a thing availible, certainly. I'm interested in seeing your work process.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Opencanvas

Then just tell me which files you'd like to see :) (name images.) I don't have event files for some of the older ones, though, because I lost them when I reformatted. Anything remotely recent, though, I should have :).
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Well, I suppose Shader up there is as good as any a place to start. :)
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

ooppppp
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:33pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Thanks. :)

And wow, that is an impressive program. I'll have to give it a try.
The Rift
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Hey everyone! I'm going to break your brains!
Last edited by Pick on 2007-10-01 08:33pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Oh please, Pick, that doesn't come anywhere CLOSE to-

*BAM*
JADAFETWA
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

I think you'd have to tone down the cannibalism just a bit. :wink:
The Rift