2 million posts!

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Stark wrote:My 12" Dalek rules you all.
I don't care whether the innuendo was intentional or not, that is quoted...and busy spawning unpleasant mental images.
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Jack Bauer
Jedi Knight

Post by Jack Bauer »

In the words of Number One of the Springfield Chapter of the Stonecutters:

"In honor of this most auspicious occasion, let's get drunk and play ping-pong!"

Or something like that.

:P
Sig by JME2
Colonel Olrik
The Spaminator

Post by Colonel Olrik »

DEATH wrote: It does seem Fair, maybe even for every 500k posts (Or 1e6 at a minimum) although maybe the members should have to keep it for only 4 months? Not all of us are multi-yearers after all :P .
Still it seems fair to grant a prize for every half or quarter million posts, it's not exactly that common after all.
Just to inform you that the Universe will end before you get that kind of previledges or any type of power here, no matter how many times you hit any arbitrary posting mark.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I think a member should be permabanned completely and entirely at random upon discovery of the two millionth post.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
thejester
Jedi Council Member

Post by thejester »

Gil Hamilton wrote:I think a member should be permabanned completely and entirely at random upon discovery of the two millionth post.
Perhaps the person who makes the post....
I love the smell of September in the morning. Once we got off at Richmond, walked up to the 'G, and there was no game on. Not one footballer in sight. But that cut grass smell, spring rain...it smelt like victory.

Dynamic. When [Kuznetsov] decided he was going to make a difference, he did it...Like Ovechkin...then you find out - he's with Washington too? You're kidding.
- Ron Wilson
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

How exciting! It'd be like playing Russian Roulette when you post near the 2,000,000 mark. Still, I think it should be random so as better to demonstrate arbitrary authority. That'd be even more exciting: Who knows who it'd be?

Although I feel compelled to make a joke involving an easily-targeted member and a random citing of an old western movie, as is becoming oddly standard for me:

I think we all know who's going to be banned if it's the 2,000,000th poster exactly. It'll go down like this: We'll be at 1,999,999. Imagine the scene from Good, The Bad, and The Ugly with SDNners all standing around, posts in hand, in some gigantic Mexican Standoff. Then someone who is slightly clueless and makes a lot of posts will be blown away when they stumble in and make the 2,000,000th post by accident during the standoff.

Bye DEATH :P
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

thejester wrote:
Gil Hamilton wrote:I think a member should be permabanned completely and entirely at random upon discovery of the two millionth post.
Perhaps the person who makes the post....
It would be amusing if the person making the post were an Admin, however.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Zero
Jedi Council Member
Location: Trying to find the divide between real memories and false ones.

Post by Zero »

We could always arbitrarily open spamworld for three hours again. That seems fun, and it isn't destructive in the ways that many of the proposed ideas are. And knowing my luck, I'd be the one banned arbitrarily. :)
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

A quick number crunch shows we have approximately 21.1940459 days until we hit the big number. So let's start partying now, and not stop until 21.1940459 afterwards!
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Woohoo! Bring out the whores! I've got the vodka!
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

thejester wrote:Perhaps the person who makes the post....
Not the person. It needs to be a completely arbitrary abuse of admin power. :)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Quite frankly I don't want to be permabanned because anything really, but least of all because of basically nothing (bad luck on some damm poll).

Banning some ramdom person that's been inactive for long and/or who behavior has borderline trollish in anthoer matter (as the chance that they will even noticed that they've been banned is slim and since they're inactive nothing is lost)

banning just some ramdom member will scare off any new members regard of their potential (sure it will scare of any trolls, but also people who might contribute something other then spam to the board).

The main reason I've liked this board is that there's rules that can be followed, without having to brownnose the admins.

yes I'm trying cover my own ass, but quite frankly I consider the idea as Gil proposed it just brain dead and something that could destroy this board.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Alferd Packer
Sith Marauder

Post by Alferd Packer »

Utsanomiko wrote:Easy: whoever makes post #2 million gets to rename and retitle Alferd Packer. :wink:
Hey, I'm totally down for that. I get a kick out of shit like this, so I'd totally dig being SD.net's sacrificial lamb! :D
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance--that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain." - Schiller, Die Jungfrau von Orleans, III vi.
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Lord Revan wrote:Quite frankly I don't want to be permabanned because anything really, but least of all because of basically nothing (bad luck on some damm poll).

Banning some ramdom person that's been inactive for long and/or who behavior has borderline trollish in anthoer matter (as the chance that they will even noticed that they've been banned is slim and since they're inactive nothing is lost)

banning just some ramdom member will scare off any new members regard of their potential (sure it will scare of any trolls, but also people who might contribute something other then spam to the board).

The main reason I've liked this board is that there's rules that can be followed, without having to brownnose the admins.

yes I'm trying cover my own ass, but quite frankly I consider the idea as Gil proposed it just brain dead and something that could destroy this board.
Just how fucking retarded are you?
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Durandal wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:Quite frankly I don't want to be permabanned because anything really, but least of all because of basically nothing (bad luck on some damm poll).

Just how fucking retarded are you?
if it was a joke it was bad one, but unless I misread him, he's proposing banning some ramdom member once we discover that we have 2 million posts on the board, if that's not the case then I apologize
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

You really have no sense of humor do you?
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
muse
Jedi Council Member

Post by muse »

Whoosh! Right over his head! :lol:

Reminds me of The Secret Ban List from a couple April Fool's ago...
ø¤ º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)

I like Celine Dion myself. Her ballads alone....they make me go all teary-eyed and shit.
- Havok
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Durandal wrote:You really have no sense of humor do you?
no
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

muse wrote:Reminds me of The Secret Ban List from a couple April Fool's ago...
I wish I'd been around back then; that sounds like it was a blast.

How about changing the signature and avatar of every user whose join number is prime, or a divisor of 2,000,000, into some joke announcing that we've reached 2,000,000?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Surlethe wrote:How about changing the signature and avatar of every user whose join number is prime, or a divisor of 2,000,000, into some joke announcing that we've reached 2,000,000?
That would mostly effect our older users though with low join numbers.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Darth Servo wrote:
Surlethe wrote:How about changing the signature and avatar of every user whose join number is prime, or a divisor of 2,000,000, into some joke announcing that we've reached 2,000,000?
That would mostly effect our older users though with low join numbers.
Then let them change it back as soon as they realise its been changed.

What I would like to see is that the admin pick one of the more memorable trolls, and unban him giving him a clean slate. Then we take bets on how long it will take from when the troll finds out to when the troll gets banned again. Just so we can have fun with him for a bit.
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

bilateralrope wrote:What I would like to see is that the admin pick one of the more memorable trolls, and unban him giving him a clean slate. Then we take bets on how long it will take from when the troll finds out to when the troll gets banned again. Just so we can have fun with him for a bit.
That might make for a good April fools day joke but not a 2Mth post party.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

You could always make a permanent note of who made the 2 millionth post in the Annoucements thread...

...makes sense to me.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

We could promote me to Admin to celebrate. I'd be in favor of that.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

RedImperator wrote:We could promote me to Admin to celebrate. I'd be in favor of that.
I don't see what that does for anybody else, though. I think what we should do is promote you to admin on the condition that you throw Zor down a flight of stairs.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus