BSG Percussion music

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

BSG Percussion music

Post by DesertFly »

The re-imagined Battlestar Galactica has a fairly heavy use of drumming. It sounds an awful lot like bongo drums and African tribal rhythms. My friend has been looking for music in the same style (as the opening montage after the credits, for example) and hasn't had much success so far. So I was wondering where I could find music that's in the same vein as that.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

They are Taiko drums.

And the thing with BSG's music is it's a conglomeration of all different kinds of ethnic music. You can find elements of it, but I don't you'll find anything truly similar since the mix is so eclectic.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Saurencaerthai
Jedi Master

Post by Saurencaerthai »

Could you post/send a few clips for me to hear? I'm not familiar with the soundtrack but I am familiar with various styles of percussion.
Music can name the un-nameable and communicate with the unknowable.
-Leonard Bernstein
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

There are some samples for Season One and a few more in the Miniseries as well as some for Season Two which is coming out soon.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Ahh yes. This, and the end of this have what I'm looking for. This is also very much what I'm talking about. A lot of that music is really cool, though. I think I shall enquire into purchasing that soundtrack.
Proud member of the no sigs club.