Dawn of Forever, Part XXXI-XLIX

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I think I have to agree with the crowd -- the little side-story is a little jarring, to be frank.
Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

Post by Sonnenburg »

Since there's some disappointment with the last chapter, here's the next one a week early.

Part XLIX

Sebastian smiled at the hologram because that was his job. "Elected One," he said to the woman who appeared. "I'm told we have urgent matters to discuss."

"The most urgent," the Elected One said. "I have been informed that you have refused the admission of our world into the Alliance. We would like to know why."

Sebastian didn't roll his eyes, but only because those muscles had long since been killed by excess restraint. "You were informed why, Elected One. Angel 1 does not fit our criteria for membership. No patriarchy, matriarchy, or caste system is permitted in member worlds. Your refusal to reform means you are not eligible for membership."

The Elected One was visibly struggling with her response. "I just feel you are incapable of... understanding, why our way is the natural order."

"And why is that?"

"Because you are a man."

"I am Borg; gender is irrelevant."

"I beg to differ," the Elected One said. "The woman, Janet Fields, showed a great insight. Perhaps she could assist us in coming to an understanding."

"Ms. Fields is dead," Sebastian said, and there was no mistaking the subdued tone of pain at the mention of her name.

"A pity. Perhaps another-"

"Elected One," Sebastian said, "I am the prefect of the Alliance; I am not unreasonable, but I will not tolerate disrespect for my position. I am the final authority on this, so I'll tell you the same thing I told the Ferengi: if you want to change, our door is open, but until then our peoples are far too different to coexist within the same government. We wish for peace with you, but we will not condone your choices."

The Elected One offered a pained laugh. "I suppose I should have expected nothing less from you, Mister Prefect," she said, emphasizing the word "mister."

"In a way, you should be glad your request was refused," Sebastian replied, "because if Angel 1 was admitted, guess who you'd answer to." He grinned an unpleasant grin. "Until such time as your world considers reform, the issue of admission is terminated. If you have other diplomatic concerns, please take them up with Mr. Romal. Good day." He cut the transmission, then turned and glared at David Kirtz, his new assistant. "This is the shit you drag me in here for?"

David opened and closed his mouth a few times. "She was quite insistent-"

"Listen," Sebastian said sternly, "your job is to keep people like this from wasting my time. Now this was nothing some low-level diplomat couldn't handle, when meanwhile I've got serious issues involving the annexed territory in the Core Worlds and prepping for the final assault on the Vong. Getting lectures from some Amazon with a bug up her ass has no place on my daily schedule, understood."

"Yes, prefect," David said nervously. "I just-"

"Look, you have got to use your head," Sebastian said. "And didn't we have this same talk yesterday about the Edo? Huh?"

"Yes, prefect," David said again.

Sebastian shivered. "Freaky Aryan weirdoes; like a goddamn Wagner wet dream down there. Five minutes talking to them I wanted to BDZ the planet."

"They are protected by a transdimensional being," David pointed out.

"Nothing against that," Sebastian said. "Some of my best friends have been transdimensional beings. I think my father might be one right now."

"Really?"

"I don't know, I haven't really had time to think about it because I'm too busy talking to Eva Braun and some bitch with a very simple complex." David laughed, but it was painfully obvious he was faking it. "Get out!" The comm chimed. "What?!"

"Um, prefect?" said Romal.

"Yes," Sebastian said, then cleared his throat. "Yes, sorry. I was... just being demeaned by an Amazon."

"Oh, if this is a bad time-"

"Romal," Sebastian said wearily, "this has been a very bad week. Please, can you just hold down the fort 'til I'm dead?"

"I'll do my best, prefect. I was just informing you that the Doctor has arrived."

"Which doc- oh, the Doctor. Excellent, send him in please." Sebastian dropped into his chair as the door opened and the Doctor entered. "How do you like your new toy?" Sebastian asked after a quick greeting.

The Doctor smiled and nodded. "It's good to have a bit of freedom again. I'd almost forgotten how liberating it is to walk about in the fresh air." His smile faded. "I assume you didn't ask me here just to discuss the new mobile emitter."

Sebastian nodded slowly. "You were briefed on what I need you to do."

The Doctor nodded, but it was clear he was a bit disturbed. "What you're asking me to do is questionable, Sebastian," the Doctor finally said. "You're asking me to sever a functioning limb without cause... technically, that's mutilation."

"I don't care for it much myself," Sebastian said. "But I'm not going to last five minutes against the Vong unless I have two fully functional legs. I need you to do this."

"It's ethically questionable to say the least," the Doctor said. "The Borg may have changed but they're still pragmatists at heart; I don't have that luxury."

"Whether it's questionable or not, I'm asking you to do this," Sebastian said.

"That doesn't change my ethical obligations."

Sebastian sighed wearily. "Play recording," Sebastian said. Before the Doctor could respond, his own voice was heard playing across the room.

"Chief Medical Officers log, Stardate 51009.3: The captain has instructed me to remove the cybernetic implants from the Borg Drone, 7 of 9."

"Where did you get this?" the Doctor demanded, but Sebastian held up two fingers and listened.

"7 of 9 has made it clear she doesn't wish for me to perform the surgery, which makes this a very difficult situation for me. My ethics obligate me to honor her wishes; to do this against her will is... not an easy thing. But the captain is convinced that the drone is incapable of making a rational decision at this time. I dislike playing God, but I am inclined to agree. Perhaps it’s ethically questionable, but under the circumstances I see no other choice."

"Stop," Sebastian said. He swiveled in his chair a little. "People give me things all the time," he said. "Little things about my father and mother... when Earth joined I was presented with all logs and records related to my mother from the Enterprise and Voyager, including yours."

"That situation has nothing to do with this," the Doctor said.

"But look at what came from it," Sebastian said. "If you wouldn't have bent the rule, then she would have died... and look at everything she accomplished. Destroying the Death Star, halting the Borg assault on Earth, stopping Darth Whind. And she gave me life, which means everything I've done is the result as well: destroying the yammosk that controlled the Yun-Yammka and bringing the Borg back to stop the Vong ambush and turn back the tide. One decision by you has sent ripples out to affect the lives of every single being in two galaxies, do you see that?" He folded his hands. "But the work's not complete yet. There's one small task left to do: destroy the Vong planet, and to do that I need you to replace my leg." He smiled. "So it comes all the way around again, except this time we're approaching from the other direction. Instead of removing Borg technology, I need you to install it. Once again, the lives of all those people will be affected by the decision you make, Doctor."

The Doctor sighed and looked away. "You realize, of course, you could just cut your own leg off and make the point moot."

"I could," Sebastian said with a shrug. "But I won't."

"Why not? Because you want to force me to do this?"

"No," Sebastian said with a shake of his head. "Because I can't do it... I'm-" He closed his eyes and looked away. "I'm a coward."

The Doctor looked at him in surprise. "Correct me if I'm wrong, but you intend to go to this planet and knowingly die."

"That's easy," Sebastian said. "That's outside my control. But this... knowing the stakes, it's still something I can't find in myself to do." He sighed. "There's just enough humanity left in me to be afraid."

The Doctor nodded a little. "Out of respect for your mother, I'll perform the surgery." He turned his head a little. "Die Unendliche Geschichte," he said, reading the book on Sebastian's desk.

"Oh, yes... I was going through some old things..." Sebastian looked at the book again.

The Doctor nodded. "You got her message?"

Sebastian cleared his throat. "Yes, but I... I haven't viewed it."

The Doctor seemed to think this over. "I was there when she composed it," he said finally. "I know she wants you to hear it."

"She's not dead," Sebastian observed.

"True... but you may not see her again before you die. There were some things she wanted you to know."

"I know them," Sebastian said.

"'Words are important,' that's what she told me," the Doctor said. "'Some things need to be said while there's a chance for them to be spoken and heard.'" He looked down. "You were an impossibility," he said finally. "Like something out of legend, like a blessing from the gods, she was able to conceive you. You truly don't know how much she loved you, Sebastian, how much you were an answer to everything she hoped to have, and how very, very proud she always was." He pushed the book towards him. "Words have power, Sebastian," he said quietly. "Listen to hers."

The Doctor left to prepare for the surgery. Sebastian looked at the book for a while, then opened his desk and pulled out the isolinear chip. He stared at it for a while. Finally, he slipped it into a slot, and a hologram of his mother appeared. He swallowed; it'd been a long time since he'd actually looked at her. She spoke to him.

“Since you’ve found this, Bastian, it’s obvious that I must have passed on. I can only hope that it doesn’t cause you much pain, that with Jorri at your side, you can continue to do what is needed.”

“Pause,” Sebastian said, and covered his eyes. Well, he thought miserably, this was a real good idea. He took a deep steadying breath and looked up at the frozen image of his mother. Still, she did leave this for him... she wanted him to hear this. “Resume.”

“You feel inadequate,” Annika continued. “I’ve seen it. You have done good things, but I know you don’t think you’re good enough. You feel you’re weak by comparison... the problem is in your viewpoint, Bastian. You see things out of proportion, so that which is small becomes large, and it seems to dwarf what is truly important, truly meaningful.

“Too long have you lived in our shadow,” she said. “Destroying Death Stars, wiping out the Borg, toppling Sith, the achievements of Luke and Annika Skywalker sound impossible to measure up to. They were all important, they all shaped countless civilizations, but the truth is that your father and I both know that those alone were our smallest contributions to the galaxies; that they would pale compared to what we truly gave them.

“You are the symbol of Unity, Bastian, that the two galaxies can exist together without conflict. You can show them, Bastian, guide them... your example will bring them together. You will draw them to you like a moth to the light, and once there they’ll find out what they can truly become.” She beamed at him, and tears slipped out of his eyes at the sight of her approval. “Greater than all we have done, what we are most proud of, our greatest gift to them, is you... our only son.”
--------------------------------------------------------------

Three weeks had passed. In another universe, Luke Skywalker had barely slept for most of them. He woke up this particular morning, got dressed, and walked onto the bridge. It had the same funeral-like atmosphere it had for some time. "Anything?" Luke asked.

Commander Greiss shook his head. "Not a sign of anything."

Luke looked up and beyond at the anomaly that had swallowed the two women he loved more than life itself. "How much time?"

Greiss shook his head. "Not much. The Emperor has his ships standing by to destroy the wormhole, but we're to give the captain and your wife as much time as we can give before we do."

Luke swallowed and nodded. "They'll make it," he said. "They're both too stubborn to give up."

A shuttle dropped out of hyperspace over Earth, and quickly slipped into the atmosphere without clearance. It hung over the Pacific for a while until the tiny dots of Hawaii came into view, and it dipped down further, finally settling on the beach as local authorities arrived on the scene. Jaina Solo and one of the padawans was also on hand as the ramp lowered.

Molly O'Brien stepped into the sunlight of her homeworld, blinked, and looked at the assembled mob. She wet her lips; it was time to see this through. "Oy!" she called. "I need to talk to the Jedi!"

Jaina gestured for her padawan to remain and slowly approached. Molly was unarmed; she figured a lightsaber wasn't going to do her any good if things went bad. Jaina stopped in front of her and looked her up and down. "Talk," Jaina said finally.

"I'm switching sides," Molly said. "If the Jedi will have me."

Jaina considered this. "You renounce the Dark side?" Molly nodded. "Come with me, and we'll examine the matter more carefully. But I should warn you that if you're lying you will find little mercy here."

"Yeah, well, live among the Sith a few years and you get used to that kind of thing."

Annika opened her eyes; she was in some kind of storage closet, along with Mara. "You okay?" the Jedi asked her.

Annika nodded, though her head was still swimming a little; drugs probably. "I thought we were going to be impregnated or something."

"If so, this is the worst maternity center in the multiverse," Mara commented. They both sat up as the door opened; Number Six was there, along with the one called Simon.

"We need answers?" Six said firmly.

"Well, we need questions to do that," Annika said simply. She was too fed up to be cooperative.

"What the hell was inside you?" Six demanded, but Simon held up his hand and stepped forward.

"We found some kind of creature living inside your torsos," he said grimly. "We removed them for examination. Unfortunately, they somehow managed to break out of their containers and escape. Since then-"

"Since then all hell has broken loose," Six interrupted. "Now what were those things."

Annika looked over at Mara, then back to Six. "We think it's a xenomorph."

"And what would that mean?" Six demanded.

Mara shrugged. "Trouble."

Anakin Solo sat in his office reflecting on the conversation they'd had with Molly O'Brien. All their probings confirmed she was telling them the truth, that she had turned her back on the Sith and was ready to lead them to their den.

This wasn't going to be easy.

Molly had painted a grim picture. The Oracle's ability to anticipate the moves of her enemies went beyond anything they could have expected. She'd prepared for attacks by fleets and Eclipses, she'd prepared defenses against armed landing parties, she'd prepared for the Jedi. There was, simply, no attack that had not been anticipated.

The best they could hope for was surprise. Molly had been shot down shortly after the destruction of the Death Star, and had suffered serious injuries upon impact, so much so that the Sith had assumed she was dead rather than nearly dead. She would have died if she hadn't landed near a farming colony with a working med droid, and even then it'd taken some time to nurse her back to health, but all that did was lure the Oracle into a false sense of security. If Molly survived, she no doubt reasoned that the attack would have already come.

Of course, given how much she knew, she might just as well have anticipated this too, but that's just the way it was. You couldn't make your decisions based upon what ifs when things were this grim.

Laudica came in; he could sense her concern even before she'd arrived. She sat on the desk and took his hand. "I wish I could come with you," she said.

Anakin got up and hugged his wife as tightly as he dared in her condition. "I'll be fine," he promised.

"Oh really?" Laudica said. "With this plan?"

Anakin tried to be reassuring, but it wasn't easy. The plan was that the Jedi went in first to engage the Sith; if they could win then all was good. If not, Anakin -or whoever was still alive- would signal the Alliance to send in an assault fleet and hopefully catch the Oracle before she could employ those defenses. It wasn't the safest of strategies, but it did increase the chances of them eliminating this Sith, which is what was the most important. Every Jedi except Laudica and Sebastian were going, the former because of her pregnancy, and the latter because he had his own appointment. If the worst happened, Laudica could pass on the Jedi teachings, but they were hoping it wouldn't come to that.

Anakin put his hand on her swollen belly and felt the life within. I'll be back for you, little one, he promised. And hopefully, there will be a much better galaxy waiting to greet you when I do.

Sebastian held his double-bladed lightsaber out in his right hand. He spun it casually, shifting the swing angles gently upwards and downwards, inwards and outwards. Even after all this time it had felt natural; after just a little practice all the old instincts had emerged from their dusty hiding places and took their proper place again. He was as ready as he would ever get to face down the Vong; he’d even made a few enhancements to himself to give him an extra edge or two.

He switched it off, hung it on his belt, and walked back towards his suite. His cane was still sitting on his table where he'd left it. Maybe he should throw it away, but it had given him a chance to hold onto his humanity for a time... it was hard to look down on a gift like that when you have so little humanity left.

Word had come from the Queen: despite the virus' interference, the Borg had the pod finished. Cirule had returned as well, the pacification complete. It was all done; all that remained was eliminating the Vong threat in a single blow. He felt no regret that he wouldn't see the galaxy after that day; he'd seen enough. Ten years of fighting this war had taken its toll on his soul.

Sebastian dropped onto the floor and began to meditate. As his grandfather had taught him, it was an important thing that the young often overlook, so he made sure whenever he had the time to look for guidance.

This time, guidance came looking for him.

Sebastian felt his mind pulled into a deep place, and fear gripped him for a moment, but then a comforting presence appeared around him. His breath started to slow again; he wasn't alone, was he?

No, you're not.

Sebastian stiffened at the thoughts that arrived unspoken.

Do not be afraid. We've come for you to prepare you for this final moment, when you will need all your strength and courage to triumph, to fulfill the long-told promise.

"Who are you?" Sebastian asked.

We are.

"Are what?"

We are. The cosmos appeared before him. You have questions. Ask them.

Sebastian looked about at the expanse. The questions were falling all over themselves in his mind, and so one word came out. "Why?"

Why what?

"Why all of it?" Sebastian blurted out. "Why me? Why must everyone I love die? Why was I ever born? Why does it always hurt? Why do they keep taking everything away? Why-"

We understand. You're confused and wish to understand, but there are some things that you could never comprehend. Still, we will help you, or try.

There were two Titans, brothers: Prometheus and Epimetheus. They were both there in the beginning, and both very different. Epimetheus, who though he possessed knowledge lacked wisdom, and was forced to look back on mistakes, on chances lost and things that will never come again. And there was Prometheus, foresight, who always looked ahead and planned. The gods sent a woman to the brothers, and Epimetheus could not help but love her. The woman's name... was Pandora, and she was given talents taken from the gods themselves. Epimetheus took her as his wife, but she came with a dowry, a box. And though Epimetheus pleaded with her, Pandora opened the box... and unleashed suffering, especially on themselves. But in time hope was released as well, and their wounds were healed by it.

Prometheus himself was the one who had earned the ire of the gods. He had stolen fire from them and given it to men, and thus he earned the most gruesome of fates. He was chained to a rock, and an eagle would come and pluck out his liver... yet still he would live. It would grow back, and it would happen again. Again and again... he wouldn't die, couldn't die, and he knew it would never end.

Reverse the genders, Sebastian, and it all becomes clear. Annika Hansen, who led the way through the wormhole without thought. Luke Skywalker, who came into her life, whom even within the confines of Borg limitations she could not help but love. Luke Skywalker... who unleashed such horrors on the galaxy because of his love for her, and the gifts he'd been given. Yet in time there would be hope again.

When hope returned to Epimetheus and Pandora, the world entered a golden age. Then the deluge came, and it was all wiped away. But the two had given birth to a child, and that child survived the deluge, and was the one who resurrected the human race, so that the new age would come, an age that would endure. The name of this child was Pyrrha... a name also taken by the hero, Achilles.

Surely you know of Achilles, Sebastian. Achilles, who fought in a ten-year long war. Achilles, whose mere presence inspired those around him so that no challenge was too great. Achilles, who refused a duel and therefore was forced to watch as his lover perished to the enemy he declined. Achilles... whose very name describes his damnable fate: "grief of the people."

Achilles, who according to popular legend, was an ancestor of Alexander the Great.

Why are you here, Sebastian? Why did this happen? Why are they taking it all away from you? Only Pyrrha can win the war, Bastian. Only Pyrrha can rebuild for tomorrow, Bastian. But to do so... Pyrrha must know the price of war. Pyrrha must know what grief is. If Pyrrha is to create a true and lasting peace, then it can only come from someone who can look into the eye of another and say, "I know how you hurt. I have been there. Let us work together to stop the suffering."

Forces at work beyond your comprehension allowed this, that a Jedi and a Borg should have a child in defiance of all known science. Why did she gain him and not the woman chosen in countless other realms? Because this universe needed you, it needed Pyrrha to bring Unity to fruition. If that could be overcome, mere biology had no chance of standing in the way. As your grandfather was born from forces unnatural, so too were you. As he shook countless civilizations, so too have you. As he lost flesh to machinery, so too have you. As he lost his pregnant wife, so too have you. Destiny needed a Darth Vader. Now destiny needs you.

Do not think that your suffering has gone unnoticed. You are a child of this realm as much as you were of Annika Hansen, and your pain is ours. But take comfort, little one... your pain will soon end. We promise. It will finally stop hurting.

[to be concluded June 15]
Chuck

CERC
Youngling

Post by CERC »

Much better, very nice. Well accept for the to be concluded on 15 june bit....... ahhhhhhrgggg angry loud noises......

CERC
Sum Senatus

And thus, the Padawan and the Master are dispatched, and it falls to the champion of the Force, Yoda to save them; whom in his near infinate power, displays little intelligence, by stopping the piller with the force instead of jerking his underlings out of the way so that his fight with Dooku can continue.....
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Indeed, much better. This whole crazy Number Six and Xenomorphs thing better be going somewhere damn good, though, if it's going to be dragging on into the final chapter.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Woohoo, late birthday present coming up! :D

I for one, don't mind the crossovers at all, especially with their turns into the 'everyone gets screwed territory' that you write so well.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Hm, you weren't kidding when you sent me that picture, were you :D

Good chapter. The pieces are all in place; let the final turn begin...
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Star Empire
Padawan Learner

Post by Star Empire »

Thanks for the chapter. Chapter 48 was different, and seemed a bit out of place, but I at least enjoyed it . Just remember Chuck, our expectations from you are so high that we'd consider a great chapter from a lot of others average for you.
Only one chapter left, I can't believe it (again). What was everyones biggest shock in the story? Here is a quick list of some of the surprising turn of events.

WWE:
1. Empire and Federation start out as friends.
2. Data betrays Federation.
3. Seven and Luke fall in love.
4. DS9 and most of DS9 stars killed

SoN:
1. Virtually destroyed Empire reemerges.
2. Thrawn is as close to the Borg as the Empire.
3. Coruscant destroyed.
4. Thrawn killed by the most loyal of his officers.
5. Borg Pyramid
6. Enterprise D mark II

AAO:
1. Federation falls
2. Enterprise and most of the TNG crew killed (although I'm thinking Crusher is still alive)
3. Seven having a child
4. Sisko taking over Palpatines body.
5. Seven defeating Whind

PL: (remember this one less than others)
1. Sebastian being brainwashed.
2. Making Seven (whom we recently read killing Whind) sick from chapter 1.
3. Kalib fighting
4. Borg Queen alive

BoH:
1. Borg hilarious reawakening
2. Jori's death
3. Klingon's death (can't think of his name)
4. Tarr surrendering worlds.
5. Janeway is the Master Sith! She may well be beyond Palpatine.
6. Seven intentionally joining collective to warm them to save the Empire.

DoF
1. 50 chapters!
2. Ben going to light side.
3. Sebastian not turning (I was surprised I didn't have a clue what was going to happen here)
4. Being one chapter from over, and still having no idea who will live and who will die.

No more time, must get to sleep.
Prozac the Robert
Jedi Master

Post by Prozac the Robert »

Now there's the Dawn of Forever we know and love. Good stuff.
Hi! I'm Prozac the Robert!

EBC: "We can categorically state that we will be releasing giant man-eating badgers into the area."
Sonnenburg

Post by Sonnenburg »

Thanks very much guys. I'm already hard at work on the final chapter (and have been for about a week now), to make this as solid an ending for the series as I can humanly make it. This is the final end for the series; I believe it's been taken as far as it possibly can without descending into repetition, and I don't think there's really any place that it could go from here. So a pre-emptive thanks to everyone who has stuck with the series, whether you're one of the old school ASVSers that was there from day one or hopped on board with the redux, and everything in between.
Chuck

LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Coming up with the idea of Janeway as a Sith who could make Palpatine her bitch was creative. Making the idea work was brilliant.
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

LordShaithis wrote:Coming up with the idea of Janeway as a Sith who could make Palpatine her bitch was creative. Making the idea work was brilliant.
And terrifying...and saying that about the Queen of the idiots really is all you need to say about the quality of Chucks work.
Sonnenburg

Post by Sonnenburg »

Thanks a lot guys. :)
If I've convinced even one person that Janeway is a danger to herself and those around her, my work is complete.
Chuck

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Hmmm...awesome material, and really I enjoyed the diversion :D .

Now I wonder if Bastion is going to die or not.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Sonnenburg

Post by Sonnenburg »

Thanks very much. As for Bastian... well, we'll have to see. Since I'm not actually done writing it, I suppose it can go either way. :)
Chuck

Dalton

Post by Dalton »

You've taken Sebastian to hell and left him there, chained to a thousand interlinked Rosie O'Donnells. I think he deserves to reap the rewards of what he's forged.

Aside from that...the final piece of the prophecy has not come true yet. Sebastian is the Prefect, not the Emperor.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I'd also like to express as desire for Sebastion and/or Annika to have a happy ending. Mainly because they deserve it.

Also it's interesting that depite talking about Prometheus you don't make the obvious Prometheus/Sebastion parrallel outright but go for the Achillies angle.
Sonnenburg

Post by Sonnenburg »

It's my hope that after all that has happened, the final fates of both Sebastian and Annika will be something that the reader will see as a blessing for them, no matter what form it actually takes. That it might not necessarily be what you'd like to see, but that it is something they would want. And if that sounds evasive, that's only because it is. :)
Chuck

phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

I want those two to have happy endings - not just endings they'd want - but it would feel weird to have such an ending after the Hell they've been through.
Sonnenburg

Post by Sonnenburg »

Final chapter coming very soon.
T-6 hours...

Chuck

Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Get the popcorn! Cancle the 3 ring circus! Ensure all seatbelts are locked and all tray tables are in an upright position!
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Oooh symmetry :D
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
CERC
Youngling

Post by CERC »

Sonnenburg wrote:Final chapter coming very soon.
T-6 hours...

And I, as many of us, will be staying up to catch the conclusion of this mini series, same bat time, same bat channel.... lol

CERC
Sum Senatus

And thus, the Padawan and the Master are dispatched, and it falls to the champion of the Force, Yoda to save them; whom in his near infinate power, displays little intelligence, by stopping the piller with the force instead of jerking his underlings out of the way so that his fight with Dooku can continue.....
Prozac the Robert
Jedi Master

Post by Prozac the Robert »

I'm just settling down to read it now. I'm afraid to say that I've failed the insane Chuck read 150 or so chapters of unity in a week challenge. Unfortunately I can't wait to read the end of DoF, so will have to read the last chapter now.

Oddly enough, I experienced a certain amount of nostalgia seeing blood of hero's chapters appearing. I think that was when Istarted reading the chapters as they came out rather than in the funky archive format.

Anyway, no further distractions: now I read.
Hi! I'm Prozac the Robert!

EBC: "We can categorically state that we will be releasing giant man-eating badgers into the area."