Holy Shit! (HUGE SPOILERS FOR SG-1 SEASON TEN)

SF: discuss futuristic sci-fi series, ideas, and crossovers.

Moderator: NecronLord

Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Holy Shit! (HUGE SPOILERS FOR SG-1 SEASON TEN)

Post by Darksider »

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/06/f ... hesh.shtml

I have mixed feelings about this.

If they do this well, it could come out great, but there are so many ways they could screw this up.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

HOLY FUCK!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
BloodAngel
Padawan Learner

Post by BloodAngel »

That's quite the twist...
Blood Angel, the Hidden Name of Who You Know.

Zadius: "Done. I get turned on by shit. Nothin' else. 8)"
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Wow... That makes everyone in the SGC turning into zombies(except Mitchell and Walter) in episode 200 pale by comparison.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
InnocentBystander
The Russian Circus

Post by InnocentBystander »

Guess who is going to ascend again...
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I am completely unsure of how I feel about this... . Mostly worrisome.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

This better be more than one episode.

I don't want Daniel to say "Oh noes, I wuzz wrong about teh Ori, i are sorry." at the end of the episode, and then go back to the SGC like nothing was wrong. That would be such a copout.
Hi, I'm Liz.
Twitter
Tumblr
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

My theory is that it's a fake; Daniel's preaching alright, but he's preaching as Desala did, as he learned to Ascend, as opposed to the Orii's nonsense. He masquerades as a Prior to keep off their radar as he helps people get beyond their clutches.

Or so I'm guessing.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight

You know, now that I think about it, SirNitram's guess is the more likely cop-out.
Hi, I'm Liz.
Twitter
Tumblr
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

skyman8081 wrote:You know, now that I think about it, SirNitram's guess is the more likely cop-out.
To be honest, it strikes me as a perfectly valid move. Because it's clever, and potentially adds folks who can actually fight the Orii.
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

What would be kind of cool is if they just played it straight.

Daniel is just evil now, he works for the Ori, but he's not a complete asshole so he tries to be good about it. No cop outs, no twists, just play it through to the logical conclusion. Danny boy joins the Ori, but is less volitile than most Priors.
Kanye West Saves.

Grasscutter
Padawan Learner

Post by Grasscutter »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:What would be kind of cool is if they just played it straight.

Daniel is just evil now, he works for the Ori, but he's not a complete asshole so he tries to be good about it. No cop outs, no twists, just play it through to the logical conclusion. Danny boy joins the Ori, but is less volitile than most Priors.
The question then is WHY would he join the Ori, since it goes against everything established about his character. Only possible answer is brainwashing, which has been done about a million times before.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:What would be kind of cool is if they just played it straight.

Barring sudden and radical memory loss, though, there's no way Daniel would accept Origin willingly.

Unless he had to...
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight

CaptainChewbacca wrote:Unless he had to...
They couldn't have threatened to kill him, he's been killed off so many times, it would have any weight behind it, like in "Fire and Water" or "Meridian."
Hi, I'm Liz.
Twitter
Tumblr
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Holy crap. It seems odd that Daniel would do this.
Can someone be Prior-ized against their will? I know Gerak wasn't exactly told he was to be a Prior when he was taken to Celestus but he was still working for the Ori.
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I predict this will suck majorly.
Also does this mean Micheal Shanks ins't one of the main cast anymore?
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Obviously a transporter accident separated him into good and evil halves, and the good half is locked away some where.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Crazedwraith wrote:I predict this will suck majorly.
Also does this mean Micheal Shanks ins't one of the main cast anymore?
Not unless the SG-1 producers want to be lynched.
I suppose he could be an antagonist and still be in the main cast, it's been done in Farscape.
Though I fear this is just going to be a 2 parter with Daniel back to normal at the end. :x
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

I wonder if this is actually a plot by the ancients... Daniel is one of the only humans to have had actual contact with them and they are finally deciding to help us out. albeit in a round-about way. They have helped us out before remember threads? They stopped the clock on the nuke countdown just long enough for their plan to work out. Sending daniel undercover to subvert the orii seems a pretty smart plan to me.
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Zac Naloen wrote:I wonder if this is actually a plot by the ancients... Daniel is one of the only humans to have had actual contact with them and they are finally deciding to help us out. albeit in a round-about way. They have helped us out before remember threads? They stopped the clock on the nuke countdown just long enough for their plan to work out. Sending daniel undercover to subvert the orii seems a pretty smart plan to me.
You mean that the Milky-Way Ancients are giving Daniel prior-esque powers? THAT would be awesome.
ImageImage
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:
Zac Naloen wrote:I wonder if this is actually a plot by the ancients... Daniel is one of the only humans to have had actual contact with them and they are finally deciding to help us out. albeit in a round-about way. They have helped us out before remember threads? They stopped the clock on the nuke countdown just long enough for their plan to work out. Sending daniel undercover to subvert the orii seems a pretty smart plan to me.
You mean that the Milky-Way Ancients are giving Daniel prior-esque powers? THAT would be awesome.
Would be interesting, but then why is Daniel preaching Origin?
Is he working undercover? Would the Ori be that stupid?
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:

Barring sudden and radical memory loss, though, there's no way Daniel would accept Origin willingly.

Unless he had to...
Rumor has it that it will be revealed that the Ori are good and the ascended are bad. Its been assumed that this is propaganda on the part of the Orii. What if its not? What if Daniel finds out that the Orii are the good guys?

If you fond out that you've been fighting against some people who where at war with genocidal maniacs, wouldn't you join them?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

Ender wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:

Unless he had to...
Rumor has it that it will be revealed that the Ori are good and the ascended are bad. Its been assumed that this is propaganda on the part of the Orii. What if its not? What if Daniel finds out that the Orii are the good guys?

If you fond out that you've been fighting against some people who where at war with genocidal maniacs, wouldn't you join them?
This claim was made during season 9 by a prior already IIRC
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Ender wrote:
CaptainChewbacca wrote:

Unless he had to...
That would be pretty fucking weak, considering how many horrible, genocidal things we've seen the Orii do and how the Ancients DON'T do that.
ImageImage
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Zac Naloen wrote:This claim was made during season 9 by a prior already IIRC
The rumour is that it'll be presented a bit more credibly though. :wink:
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth