Stargate Wars! Get enslaved now! the 2nd

GEC: Discuss gaming, computers and electronics and venture into the bizarre world of STGODs.

Moderator: Thanas

Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

Well I had a planet for all of a couple of hours this morning, then some guy ranked around 600 came and took it from me. I didn't even have to chance to put some defencces on it as I was at work.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

Yeah, I've had three planets stolen from me. I just stole a new one and boosted its defenses to over 200 million. I'm hoping it won't get stolen, but I'm somewhat expecting it will. If this one gets stolen, I'm gonna just wait until I can save up an assload of Naq before getting another one. I can bank over a billion, it's just a matter of accumulating it.

edit: And just stole one of my worlds back. Idjit didn't put any defenses on it.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
fuzzymillipede
Youngling

Post by fuzzymillipede »

Well, I have a planet, a planet named BOB.

I upgraded the defence to 375mil, and size to huge. It gives me an extra 500 UP, so I can't say that justifies spending 20bil on it.

-Edit-

It was a very bad thing to upgrade my planet size to huge. Now the defences cost over twice what they could have cost. Let this be an example to those who get new planets, never upgrade size unless you have to.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

fuzzymillipede wrote:Well, I have a planet, a planet named BOB.

I upgraded the defence to 375mil, and size to huge. It gives me an extra 500 UP, so I can't say that justifies spending 20bil on it.

-Edit-

It was a very bad thing to upgrade my planet size to huge. Now the defences cost over twice what they could have cost. Let this be an example to those who get new planets, never upgrade size unless you have to.

no the lesson is upgrade size LAST after you have built up defenses...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:
fuzzymillipede wrote:Well, I have a planet, a planet named BOB.

-Edit-

no the lesson is upgrade size LAST after you have built up defenses...
Exactly. Improve the other things first, until you reach the limits, then upgrade size and continue improving the worlds. I have three worlds, and the weakest has 240mil defense. It's relatively low on defense because it's only providing me with 800k income. The other two provide me with 24mil attack and 3mil income, so they get better defenses.
Stanley Hauerwas wrote:[W]hy is it that no one is angry at the inequality of income in this country? I mean, the inequality of income is unbelievable. Unbelievable. Why isn’t that ever an issue of politics? Because you don’t live in a democracy. You live in a plutocracy. Money rules.
BattleTech for SilCore
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

Found a planet that gave +600 UP and had it for a while before someone took it. :shock:
I did build only 1 defence there. :oops:
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Academia Nut
Sith Devotee

Post by Academia Nut »

AAAARGH! I got attacked right after I made a market trade for some naq and lost 834,118,563 naq. The purpetrator sillent is a little out of my league, so if anyone wants to smack him around you can go right ahead.
I love learning. Teach me. I will listen.
You know, if Christian dogma included a ten-foot tall Jesus walking around in battle armor and smashing retarded cultists with a gaint mace, I might just convert - Noble Ire on Jesus smashing Scientologists
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Academia Nut wrote:AAAARGH! I got attacked right after I made a market trade for some naq and lost 834,118,563 naq. The purpetrator sillent is a little out of my league, so if anyone wants to smack him around you can go right ahead.
Ehh, I've been mass happy the past few days. I'll mass him tomorrow. :D
Dear English speaking Internet users: please learn how to speak English.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.
The Yosemite Bear

My minion Warblade 1975 is now gaining glory points

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Post by Necromancer of Rath »

On that note, I'm about half way through my plan. 997 G&P and about 250k extra folks. And while I got attacked, the Underwear Ninja made sure it wasn't exactly a cheap one. 39 shields, 63 nuclear vollies, and 2584 attacking troops destroyed.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:On that note, I'm about half way through my plan. 997 G&P and about 250k extra folks. And while I got attacked, the Underwear Ninja made sure it wasn't exactly a cheap one. 39 shields, 63 nuclear vollies, and 2584 attacking troops destroyed.
Once you get the full 1001 we can start talking about you ascending. 8)

Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Naquitis wrote:
Necromancer of Rath wrote:On that note, I'm about half way through my plan. 997 G&P and about 250k extra folks. And while I got attacked, the Underwear Ninja made sure it wasn't exactly a cheap one. 39 shields, 63 nuclear vollies, and 2584 attacking troops destroyed.
Ah, but I'm going the nice long route here. Get the extra troops and then do the 20 some odd days in the top 950 over again.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Necromancer of Rath wrote:
Naquitis wrote:
Ah, but I'm going the nice long route here. Get the extra troops and then do the 20 some odd days in the top 950 over again.
Oh yea you want SS. Ok.

The Yosemite Bear

I would like to introduce all to my tiny little planet: Rotkäppchen

bonus to those who figure out where I got the name, and how it relates to my character.

Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:Rotkäppchen
is Little Red Riding Hood in German.
--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

My mothership is "Lying Bastard" and my planet is "We Made It." Cookie for the reference. :D
The Yosemite Bear

Larry Niven

The Yosemite Bear

Argosh wrote:
The Yosemite Bear wrote:Rotkäppchen
is Little Red Riding Hood in German.
and how does that relate to my SGW "Character?"

Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

Cookie as soon as my webspace stops screwing up.
Naquitis
Padawan Learner

Post by Naquitis »

Anyone seen my planet names? :P

Or even better, my ingame name is Hensenshi, and my mothership is named Henfune. So who can figure out the corolation?

The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

All my planets get renamed to the same thing after I steal them. If I can't afford a great defense right away, I might as well create good odds that they'll pick the wrong one and attack a stronghold.
BattleTech for SilCore
Datana
Jedi Master

Post by Datana »

Are any of you HYBRID_KAPPA? He suddenly signed on as an officer this morning, and I have no idea where he came from.
Member of the Anti-PETA Anti-Fascist League
The Dark
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Dark »

By the way, can whoever's the head of the SDNet faction send me an invite? Name's Mugin in-game, and I'm having problems with the faction interface.
BattleTech for SilCore
Necromancer of Rath
Padawan Learner

Done and done.
Braedley
Jedi Council Member

Post by Braedley »

How does one tell what size and type an enemy's planet is? Everyone I've checked has ??? for both size and type.
My brother and sister-in-law: "Do you know where milk comes from?"
My niece: "Yeah, from the fridge!"