Custody Battle Over White Separatist Twins

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Link

June 2, 2006

There was bitter custody battle Friday in a Valley courtroom with two young white supremacists at the center of it all. The twins have gained national attention for their hate-filled concerts.
The parents of the Gaede twins have been in a bitter custody dispute. The girls' father thinks they are being poisoned by their mother, a self-professed white seperatist.
The battle over the twins came to a head Friday inside a Fresno courtroom.

The father of the girls admits he hasn't been the best dad and wanted a second chance, but the judge ruled the Gaede twins would remain in the custody of their mother, the woman who manages their career as a white separatist singing group.

They've been billed as a valuable recruiting tool for the white nationalist movement.

Lynxe and Lamb Gaede — the 13-year-old twins from Fresno County — perform at white supremacist gatherings around the country. Together, they are called "Prussian Blue" and are managed by their mother, April Gaede.

In 2002, she admitted being part of a local group, "The National Alliance" that distributed racist leaflets in Fresno.

"I'm a racist ... I believe there are differences in races. Everybody's a racist. There are two kinds of people. Those who deny being racist, and then the honest folks," said April Gaude.

She divorced the twins' father in 1997. The divorce papers accuse him of domestic violence and drug abuse.

But Kris Lingelser says he's a changed man, and wants custody of the girls to teach them there's a better way to live, "I would hope that they could see a white separatist attitude, where whites and blacks and Mexicans and everybody needs to live in their own separate universe is not healthy."

"It's not what this country is about, it's not what I'm about. I would just hope that they could see that," said Lingelser.

But the judge ruled their mom, April Gaede would retain custody and could keep the girls at her new home in Montana.

Gaede wasn't talking to the media, but last year she claimed to be raising her girls like any other parent — according to her beliefs.

"All children are espouse their parents beliefs. If we were Christians, they would maybe be singing Christian rock songs. But we're not. We're white nationalists and so of course, that's a part of our life and I share that part of my life with my children," she said.

For Kris Lingelser, there was some consolation. The judge ruled he could have limited visits with the girls in Montana.

Friday's custody hearing had been scheduled last week, but the attorney representing the girls' father, Kim Aguirre, is the same attorney who claims he was shot and wounded on his way to court in another custody case.
This brings up an interesting question. Should the racist beliefs of one parent be a factor in whether or not they gain or lose custody? My gut reaction is that the non-racist parent should gain custody barring some other factor like drug or alchohol abuse, criminal record, emotional stability, and so on. It's harmful to the child and not conducive to the betterment of our society to have even more racist assholes running around.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

That would require the US government deciding what is and isn't moral behavior even though its legal.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
BloodAngel
Padawan Learner

Post by BloodAngel »

Racist behavior has nothing productive to it. Thus, it should indeed be a factor.
Blood Angel, the Hidden Name of Who You Know.

Zadius: "Done. I get turned on by shit. Nothin' else. 8)"
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Alyeska wrote:That would require the US government deciding what is and isn't moral behavior even though its legal.
Well, it would really depend upon the judge in the case. A woman in Massachussettes lost custody of her son because she smoked and her husband didn't.
I get where you're coming from, though. I just really don't see a problem with a parent that participates in, promotes, and indoctrinates their children in a racist ideology losing full custody to the other parent.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Post by Seggybop »

Flagg wrote:
Alyeska wrote:That would require the US government deciding what is and isn't moral behavior even though its legal.
Well, it would really depend upon the judge in the case. A woman in Massachussettes lost custody of her son because she smoked and her husband didn't.
A parent who smokes can be physically harmful to children, either by exposing them to hazardous chemicals or by influencing them to smoke themselves. That isn't deciding who has superior morality; it's protecting children from direct harm.
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If only the US had Hate Speech Laws, this wouldn't be a problem.

Of course, if I left it at that one of you smartasses would correct me :wink:
"If only the US Government were trust[ed/worthy] enough to have Hate Speech Laws, this wouldn't be a problem."
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Hmmm, "Prussian Blue", I heard about them before. I have nothing but uttmost sympathy for these two innocent girls for having such monsters as parents.

They're as practically as helpless Magda Goebbels's doomed children...
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

this is california in custody disputes they will always side with the mother, and at worst give a working joe shared custody against a drug dealing member of the SDS.....

yes, this is refering to my own childhood....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:this is california in custody disputes they will always side with the mother, and at worst give a working joe shared custody against a drug dealing member of the SDS.....

yes, this is refering to my own childhood....
And Californians wonder why the rest of the nation thinks of CA as 'la-la land'.
Not to mention 'Governor Moonbeam' back in the late 70's. :lol:
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

BloodAngel wrote:Racist behavior has nothing productive to it. Thus, it should indeed be a factor.
Considering that parents religious beliefs are cited all the time in custody battles, I don't see how this would be any different.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Seggybop wrote:
Flagg wrote:
A parent who smokes can be physically harmful to children, either by exposing them to hazardous chemicals or by influencing them to smoke themselves. That isn't deciding who has superior morality; it's protecting children from direct harm.
Sorry, but direct physical harm is far from the only criteria often used by judges to decide custody cases. And anyone who doesn't consider racism to be a black and white (pun not intended) moral issue can go fuck themselves.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

The problem in the US is that using racism as grounds for custody for one parent also creates a potential appeal of the ruling. While I think the racist mother shouldn't have her kids, I am unsure that a judge is going to be willing to put his neck on the line for this.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Cao Cao
Jedi Council Member

Post by Cao Cao »

Well it's not only that they're being brought up with stupid values, but they're being used for propaganda.
That alone should send up red flags and get them taken away from their idiot mother.
"I do not understand why everything in this script must inevitably explode."~Teal'c
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Alyeska wrote:The problem in the US is that using racism as grounds for custody for one parent also creates a potential appeal of the ruling. While I think the racist mother shouldn't have her kids, I am unsure that a judge is going to be willing to put his neck on the line for this.
I think it really comes down to jusdging each case on its merits. But in this situation I really cannot see any reason for the children to be left with the racist parent that is using them as a propaganda tool for her racist cause.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Glocksman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Glocksman »

Cao Cao wrote:Well it's not only that they're being brought up with stupid values, but they're being used for propaganda.
That alone should send up red flags and get them taken away from their idiot mother.
To be given to their father, whom charges of child and drug abuse have been leveled against?
As much as I think their mother is despicable, the Judge in this case made the only decision he could have given the current state of the law and precedent in the US.
"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."- General Sir Charles Napier

Oderint dum metuant
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Glocksman wrote:
To be given to their father, whom charges of child and drug abuse have been leveled against?
As much as I think their mother is despicable, the Judge in this case made the only decision he could have given the current state of the law and precedent in the US.
He could have put them in the care of CAS or the Grandparents if willing. Leaving them in the care of a racist seems like it's causing harm to the children.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

One problem. In the US, being racist isn't a disqualifier for being a parent. If one parent has drug problems while the other is racist, the judge only has one choice here. He can't send the kids to the grand parents or child services. He has to put them in the custody of the racist parent.

Now, if the father can clean himself up, the judge would strongly consider him.

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Alyeska wrote:One problem. In the US, being racist isn't a disqualifier for being a parent. If one parent has drug problems while the other is racist, the judge only has one choice here. He can't send the kids to the grand parents or child services. He has to put them in the custody of the racist parent.
Why isn't being a racist a disqualifier for being a parent? Racism is obviously a poison to society and raising your children to spread hate would seem like an obvious red flag to me.
Now, if the father can clean himself up, the judge would strongly consider him.
At least he got limited visits with them. Maybe he can use that to limt the BS the mother is feeding them.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Alyeska wrote:One problem. In the US, being racist isn't a disqualifier for being a parent. If one parent has drug problems while the other is racist, the judge only has one choice here. He can't send the kids to the grand parents or child services. He has to put them in the custody of the racist parent.
Why isn't being a racist a disqualifier for being a parent? Racism is obviously a poison to society and raising your children to spread hate would seem like an obvious red flag to me.
I doubt racism is a disqualifier in Canada. So enough with the BS. Yes, racists are shit. But they are pretty much legal. Whats more, they are completely legal while drug use isn't. So in the US there is only one option the judge can really make.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Raising children to be racist will put those children at cross-purposes with stated US Law barring discrimination. I can't figure why a lawyer won't pick up on the idea that these children are being purposefully set on a course that will violate US civil codes...
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Alyeska wrote: So enough with the BS. Yes, racists are shit. But they are pretty much legal. Whats more, they are completely legal while drug use isn't. So in the US there is only one option the judge can really make.
If a judge can decide which parent gets the kids in the US based on whether they are religious or not than I'm sure they can decide based on racism. It's simply a question of whether he/she has enough balls to do it.
I doubt racism is a disqualifier in Canada.
Racism may not be a disqualifier in Canada but this mother would aready be in jail under Canada's hate speech laws for her BS "white nationlist" music group antics. And her kids would then be in the fathers care by default or failing that CAS care.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Cpl Kendall wrote:If a judge can decide which parent gets the kids in the US based on whether they are religious or not than I'm sure they can decide based on racism. It's simply a question of whether he/she has enough balls to do it.
A judge can't decide both parents are unfit in divorce court. Its one or the other. Considering what the mother does it legal while what the father does isn't, the judge has only one choice to make.

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Alyeska wrote:
A judge can't decide both parents are unfit in divorce court. Its one or the other. Considering what the mother does it legal while what the father does isn't, the judge has only one choice to make.
What a clusterfuck.
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

They're 13 years old. Frankly, whether they come to their senses or not is now their decision, and unlikely to change based on which parent has custody.

Not that I think their crazed bitch of a mother ought to be raising anyone.
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Anguirus wrote:They're 13 years old. Frankly, whether they come to their senses or not is now their decision, and unlikely to change based on which parent has custody.

Not that I think their crazed bitch of a mother ought to be raising anyone.
Perhaps you have to be older than 13 to determine what parent you can live with in their state.