Change your race

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Rye
To Mega Therion

Change your race

Post by Rye »

Okay, simple enough idea for a thread, say a mysterious blue woman that looks like Zhaan from farscape only with a REALLY GIANT HEAD appears to you, and tells you in a day or two, her magic will change your race for a week, and you get to pick a member of that race to look similar to.

What race do you pick, who do you look like and why? What would you do different?

Personally, I'd change my race and appearence to be similar to the guy that played Ra in the stargate film, because, well, he was just so fine, with all the potential activities that entails. What race is he anyway?
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Raw Shark
Stunt Driver / Babysitter

Post by Raw Shark »

Rye wrote:*snip* the guy that played Ra in the stargate film, because, well, he was just so fine, with all the potential activities that entails. What race is he anyway?
According to IMDB he is Jaye Davidson, born Alfred Amey in California to a Ghanaian father and English mother.

I'd get the blue chick to make me Samoan.

"Do I really look like a guy with a plan? Y'know what I am? I'm a dog chasing cars. I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it! Y'know, I just do things..." --The Joker
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

I'm Irish.

Asian so I can be smooth and tan :)
Image Image
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

I'd choose to become black, just so I could compare my experiences as a black person with mine as a white person.
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

Black, and I'd change my appearance so I look like an amalgam of several of my male students from this year. Just so I have a slightly better understanding of how the world sees them.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Lord Woodlouse
Mister Zaia

Post by Lord Woodlouse »

Japanese. And a chick. Just for larks.
Check out TREKWARS (not involving furries!)

EVIL BRIT CONSPIRACY: Son of York; bringing glorious summer to the winter of your discontent.

KNIGHTS ASTRUM CLADES: I am a holy knight! Or something rhyming with knight, anyway...
NoXion
Padawan Learner

Post by NoXion »

RedImperator wrote:Black, and I'd change my appearance so I look like an amalgam of several of my male students from this year.
I would have thought the transformation would involve more than simply a change of skin pigmentation.
Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker - Mikhail Bakunin
Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society - Karl Marx
Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we've been ignorant of their value - R. Buckminster Fuller
The important thing is not to be human but to be humane - Eliezer S. Yudkowsky

Nova Mundi, my laughable attempt at an original worldbuilding/gameplay project
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Latino. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

NoXion wrote:
RedImperator wrote:Black, and I'd change my appearance so I look like an amalgam of several of my male students from this year.
I would have thought the transformation would involve more than simply a change of skin pigmentation.
The OP specifies you can change your appearance to look like some specific individual of another race; the boys I have in mind all look, frankly, like a white suburbanite's idea of a gangsta (cornrows, tattoos, the works), though none of them are actually in gangs.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

since I'm a mutt anyways I shall become a shapeshifter...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Camel
BANNED

Post by Camel »

Whatever the race from Krypton are called. I want to be able to fly and throw trains at buildings. :twisted:
The following statement is false:
The previous statement is true.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Albino. Just to stand out.
JADAFETWA
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Kuja wrote:Albino. Just to stand out.
Just not in clear sunlight.

I'm happy as I am.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Indian or asian.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Whatever has the least hair.

I want to live without being a sweat bucket.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Its called a razor, dude. Not a new invention. :P
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Lord Pounder wrote:
Kuja wrote:Albino. Just to stand out.
Just not in clear sunlight.
We have these wonderful things called hats now...
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I'd try albino if it actually qualified (unsure. It is like a member of another race... I guess...?)

Really, though, I'd like to try Maori.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

I'd change myself to look exactly like me only tanner and slightly more attractive.

Because this is face-changing magic and all.

I don't feel like changing faces but a temporary CHA bonus wouldn't hurt. ;)
Korvan
Jedi Master

Post by Korvan »

I'd go with First Nations and try to get my tax exemption fast tracked. Mmmm, 10 years of income tax all refunded...
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

Asian, Han Chinese to be precice although one that is about 1.85 meters tall.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

And a third vote for albino.