Pick's Art Thread 6 - Animal Sketches (pg9)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pick
Sith Marauder

Pick's Art Thread 6 - Animal Sketches (pg9)

Post by Pick »

I think I mentioned this once.

Here
Pronunciation Guide

New thread time!
Last edited by Pick on 2006-07-04 09:26pm, edited 18 times in total.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Holy shit! X-rays!

Also, your pronunciation guide was useful; now I can say all the curses!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:Holy shit! X-rays!
I really like fruity colors 8). I just thought I'd say that.
Also, your pronunciation guide was useful; now I can say all the curses!
And isn't that the glory of it? :)

---

(Also, I'm working on a story update... you know, graduation, I was kind of busy... :P )
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote: And isn't that the glory of it? :)
Indeed; it's expanded my vocab of things I can say to my principles face and not get in trouble for. :D
(Also, I'm working on a story update... you know, graduation, I was kind of busy... :P )
Hooray!
What is Project Zohar?

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Wow, I had almost all of those completely wrong. :?

Of course, I have a tendancy to do that; once, I was pronouncing a name so oddly in my mind that when I actually heard it out-loud, I had no idea what the person was talking about. :wink:
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:shock: Really?

... Well it doesn't matter. I mean, it's not like Dark Councilors is a bloody musical or anything, however you interpret the text is fine :wink:.
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Ooh, that picture is both cool and creepy. Maybe I've seen one too many skeletons, but the fact that he basically has a paw... with the carpals back in his wrist instead of the hand and all...

It just looks so unnatural yet right on it, because he isn't human at all.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Wow. I'd love that as a poster.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Neat, reminds me of the part in Disney's Snow White where the Queen transforms into the Witch, and you can see the bones through her skin by lightning flash as they change.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

Pick, you rock.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Oddly enough, I only missed Hoquer (I had it "Hoker" with a hard K sound).

Also, is Umber's flesh really translucent under certain lighting conditions? I vaguely recal something about that when he was first introduced, but I assumed it to be largely hyperbole. Christ man, eat something. :P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:Oddly enough, I only missed Hoquer (I had it "Hoker" with a hard K sound).
Yay!
Also, is Umber's flesh really translucent under certain lighting conditions? I vaguely recal something about that when he was first introduced, but I assumed it to be largely hyperbole.
It's literally true, but this shouldn't be enough lighting. I darkened out the picture, though, because I liked the look better :P.
Christ man, eat something. :P
Umber thinks that this is a Bad Idea :wink:.
Balrog
Jedi Council Member

Post by Balrog »

Err, wow. :shock:

*Looks dejectedly at his own stick-figure drawings*
'Ai! ai!' wailed Legolas. 'A Balrog! A Balrog is come!'
Gimli stared with wide eyes. 'Durin's Bane!' he cried, and letting his axe fall he covered his face.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
- J.R.R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Ooh, Umber is anorexic because it keeps his traits in check! Also, he must sustain himself through magic or something (I do believe Shader hypothesized something along these lines as well).

Do I win the prize? :mrgreen:
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Keep his traits in check? That's odd, it seems that Zaa, at least, need food to calm down. :wink:

It might be or it might not be. This is a very important pending decision of mine, and really, I can't decide which direction to go. It'll have fucking everything to do with traits, or really nothing at all.

(and whee, story update!)
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

More uncovered specimens. How curious!

Hey, it's Desunius before she was quite so buff! :o

--
Edge being a jerk :P.

--
Verdigris is too big in comparison, but... that was an 'oops' I couldn't undo.

(this is black stain [that you really can't remove even as an erasure attempt] on terra cotta plates [that I made]. This is really difficult, which is why I chose mostly Umber --very easy for me to draw freehand, plus he's already practically monochrome :P.)

SO. Again, please bear in mind that I couldn't undo mistakes. This is like painting freehand with black yoghurt. It's hard.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

These are very, very well-done. As always, your versatility in a variety of media is simply amazing.

I wouldn't worry about the scale too much if you're trying to emulate their real-world counterparts. The real problem with the last one is that it depicts a scene that's not likely to be known to a lowly artisan (as of now, anyway).

Edit: Unless these were commisioned by Verdigris herself after she bacame Empress of the Known World. :wink:
Last edited by Darth Raptor on 2006-06-15 07:06pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Or maybe it's Umber's line of "Shit I had to deal with" collector's plates!

--

Oh, and thanks Imperial and Balrog! I don't think I've seen you hanging around here too often :wink: Glad to hear you like it!
Last edited by Pick on 2006-06-15 07:09pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Pick wrote:Or maybe it's Umber's line of "Shit I had to deal with" collector's plates!
Actually, I just now noticed that's Umber getting his shit ruined by Edge. In my defense, I couldn't tell because of how extensively said shit was getting ruined. :P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:Actually, I just now noticed that's Umber getting his shit ruined by Edge. In my defense, I couldn't tell because of how extensively said shit was getting ruined. :P
Well, what can I say? Edge will swear that Umber started this whole bitchfest mess :P. From there it's just escalating jackassery.

---

Also, Darth Raptor...

:wink:
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Oooooo SOOOOOPAH KYOOOOOT! Needs more Hyral though...

Make a Chibi Hyral! Make a Chibi Hyral! :)
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Awww... Chibi Shader! Amorality has never been so disarmingly adorable! :luv:
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

That one of Verdigris learning from Umber is absolutely beautiful. :shock:

And I like his pose in the first one. And even in partial-silhouette Desunius looks damn good. :P
JADAFETWA
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

That plate with Edge being an asshole (typical) hits me hard, because I have a feeling that Umber would rip Edge a serious new one without those bands.
What is Project Zohar?

Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Ford Prefect wrote:That plate with Edge being an asshole (typical) hits me hard, because I have a feeling that Umber would rip Edge a serious new one without those bands.
Who couldn't? Without his bands, he's below average for named characters. Hell, at this point it's quite possible Shader could hand him his ass (yay magic!) :D