Incomprehensibly sucky movies

OT: anything goes!

Moderator: Edi

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Spacebeard wrote:
Majin Gojira wrote:Okay, Time for some edumacation!

Bad Movies.org -- Review site with clips and waves to show how bad movies are. Try "The Giant Claw", "Attack of the Supermonsters", "The Beast of Yucca Flats" and other such horrors and then come back to this thread.

Stomp Tokyo -- More reviews, less media. Lots of foreign B/Cult film love and hate (Live Action "8-Man" I'm looking at you!)
I would also recommend the Agony Booth. Fewer movies, but better site design and much more in-depth recaps.
In addition to those three, also Jabootu's Bad Movie Dimension.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Equinox2003
Jedi Knight

Post by Equinox2003 »

Rambo 3, Rocky 3,4,5 Stop! Or my mom will shoot, Batman & Robin,
Titanic, yes, Titanic. They knew each other for what? 3 days? Big love story MY ASS. The Scary Movie series as wel. Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, Howard the Duck.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Majin Gojira wrote:Okay, Time for some edumacation!

Bad Movies.org -- Review site with clips and waves to show how bad movies are. Try "The Giant Claw", "Attack of the Supermonsters", "The Beast of Yucca Flats" and other such horrors and then come back to this thread.
)
Heh... forgot about that site

Move over Terminator. Make room for teh Eliminator :lol:
Lettuce
Youngling

Post by Lettuce »

Did anyone else see the new version of The Crow with the kid from American History X ? It was very puzzling. It basically had the same plot with a few small changes.... and Tara Reid? It was painfully bad.
I'm not quite sure if it was real though. It could have been a 4am hallucination.
Dennis Toy
BANNED

Post by Dennis Toy »

your telling me there was such a movie as THIS. I mean a man who looks like an off-road centaur. They call him the eliminator.
You wanna set an example Garak....Use him, Let him Die!!
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Move over Robocop, make way for ROBO VAMPIRE
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Jesus, how could I forget Solarbabies?

"Spectacular science-fiction/adventure on blazing skates!"...no, no it's not.

Absolutely horrific.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Zero
Jedi Council Member
Location: Trying to find the divide between real memories and false ones.

Post by Zero »

Frank Hipper wrote:Jesus, how could I forget Solarbabies?

Absolutely horrific.
I'm betting that they were targetting the perma-virgin sci-fi fan stereotype.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

God, what about Wishmaster?

That was a god-damned awful movie. Lots of potential, no merit.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Zero132132 wrote:
Frank Hipper wrote:Jesus, how could I forget Solarbabies?

Absolutely horrific.
I'm betting that they were targetting the perma-virgin sci-fi fan stereotype.
Ya know, that was the most incredibly perma-virgin sci-fi fan sterotype afflicted kid in High School's favorite movie, I shit you not. :D

It was sad, he was sad...18 years old and he still had a 13 year old's wispy moustache and the stereotypical nasal voice.
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: Incomprehensibly sucky movies

Post by Big Orange »

Death from the Sea wrote:
Big Orange wrote:And Sean Connery was being.... well... Sean Connery.
that had better not been a dig on the main man.... Sean Connery is fucking awesome and even when "being himself" is by far a better actor than many of todays taunted actors....
Well I liked Sean Connery as Bond, I thought he was at his best in underrated 70s early 80s films such as Robin and Marian and Outland. But ever since the mid 80s Sean Connery has always played himself and couldn't be bothered to change his broad Scottish accent.
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Ah Bad Movies.org.. haven't looked there in a while and hey they liked Six-String Samurai to. :D
Jim Raynor
Sith Devotee

Post by Jim Raynor »

Lord Pounder wrote:Also nominating Donnie Darko. The movie was pure unadulterated shite. I remember seeing it long before BBC Radio 1 started telling every body it was cool. Me and my date that night just looked at each other and at exactly the same time said "what the fuck was that?". It was like an episide of Voyager on LSD. The people 've met who liked it have yet to explain proprly what the movie was about.
Stark wrote:The best part about Donnie Darko is the 'explanation' from the writer isn't ACTUALLY in the movie. I like melting art students pseudointellectuals by pointing out he basically travelled in time so he could get laid before he died. That's... deep. Or something :roll:
Oh God did Donnie Darko suck. I was actually going to nominate it in this thread, but I didn't because the movie is actually well-regarded (for some reason :roll: ) and I didn't know how its fans would respond. Donnie Darko is like fucking Evangelion. It's incomprehensible crap that most of its own fanboys probably don't understand, but it tries to be all "deep" and "important."

I saw it on TV a couple months ago, after hearing about how cool it was on the internet. Like Evangelion, I saw it to learn what all the buzz was about. I knew it would be weird, but unlike Evangelion, I actually expected it to be good. Boy was I wrong.

Is it just me, or did it seem like that movie was going out of its way to pander to the leftist, pseudointellectual student counter culture? There was the way Donnie threw a hissy fit in class because his teacher was giving an overly simplistic lesson on right and wrong, the satirical look at suburban America, the negative portrayal of little girl pop music bands, and the arrogant self-help guru (loved by all the parent characters) who turned out to be a pedophile. I think that explains why so many young people love this stupid movie.
"They're not triangular, but they are more or less blade-shaped"- Thrawn McEwok on the shape of Bakura destroyers

"Lovely. It's known as impugning character regarding statement of professional qualifications' in the legal world"- Karen Traviss, crying libel because I said that no soldier she interviewed would claim that he can take on billion-to-one odds

"I've already laid out rules for this thread that we're not going to make these evidential demands"- Dark Moose on supporting your claims
Lettuce
Youngling

Post by Lettuce »

Is it just me, or did it seem like that movie was going out of its way to pander to the leftist, pseudointellectual student counter culture? There was the way Donnie threw a hissy fit in class because his teacher was giving an overly simplistic lesson on right and wrong, the satirical look at suburban America, the negative portrayal of little girl pop music bands, and the arrogant self-help guru (loved by all the parent characters) who turned out to be a pedophile. I think that explains why so many young people love this stupid movie.

I didn't mind the movie the first time I saw it, because I thought it was an interesting way to show a kid with a mental illness. But, as I learned yesterday, that had nothing to do with the plot.
I watched it again last night, and my head almost exploded. The writing is poor, and I have to agree with you, it does seem to try to force really random left-wing nonsense.
I guess that's why the movie is so popular with the goth/emo "I hate my upper-middle class life" set.
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

The last movie that I seen that sucked ass was MI 3.
Awsome action..... Thats it, nothing else good about it.
Between the action parts I actually had a couple of naps.
But what can you expect from Tom Cruise (actually I liked most of his movies, but this one just sucks).
I become death, destroyer of worlds.

Rule 37: "There is no 'Overkill.' There is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload.'"
Schlock Mercenary
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

The two most incomprehensibly bad movies I've seen were both at "Bad Movie Night". They were:

"The Horror of the Blood Monsters"

and

"Xanadu"

I'm sure most people have heard of the latter and I refuse to recount the things I witnessed in the former. I refuse.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Equinox2003
Jedi Knight

Post by Equinox2003 »

Speaking of AMerican History X (as the other poster was) I have to add that to my list as well. It was pathetic. A lousy tale of race relations, using the two most extreme stereotypes Nazi type whites and ghetto blasting gun packing blacks.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

No way, that movie had a great twist at the end.

Also want to mominate The Fast And the Furious 2. Everything that made the first movie tolerable was gone and we where left with what Paul Walker laughingly calles acting, no Vin Diesel and no fit women. I also considered the cars less impressive.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Faqa
Jedi Master

Post by Faqa »

Equinox2003 wrote:Speaking of AMerican History X (as the other poster was) I have to add that to my list as well. It was pathetic. A lousy tale of race relations, using the two most extreme stereotypes Nazi type whites and ghetto blasting gun packing blacks.
It was SUPPOSED to show how far America still had to go in race relations. I will agree it relied too much on shock value(re: prison and curb scenes), but the POINT was to show the extremes on racists and the ghetto-blacks. Would you rather have a re-hash of "Missisipi Burning"?

Either way, I'd hardly classify it as sucky. Not as important as it thinks it is, sure, but sucky?
"Peace on Earth and goodwill towards men? We are the United States Goverment - we don't DO that sort of thing!" - Sneakers. Best. Quote. EVER.

Periodic Pwnage Pantry:

"Faith? Isn't that another term for ignorance?" - Gregory House

"Isn't it interesting... religious behaviour is so close to being crazy that we can't tell them apart?" - Gregory House

"This is usually the part where people start screaming." - Gabriel Sylar
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Gil Hamilton wrote:I'm sure most people have heard of the latter and I refuse to recount the things I witnessed in the former. I refuse.
Oh go on.
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

I tend to feel sympathetic towards low-budget bad movies because really, they don't have a lot of options - their special effects are going to be cheesy.

It's big movie blahs that I despise, like The Ghosts of Mars.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Guardsman Bass wrote:I tend to feel sympathetic towards low-budget bad movies because really, they don't have a lot of options - their special effects are going to be cheesy.

It's big movie blahs that I despise, like The Ghosts of Mars.
If ghosts of Mars had such a big budget why couldn't they afford to get Natasha Henstridge to unleash her baps? The SFX weren't that impressive so the cash had to go somewhere.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

It was a John Carpenter movie so the budget couldn't have been that big.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Mission to Mars was godawful, and the same is true of Red Planet.
But I have to say the worst movie I can think of right now is Deep Blue Sea. Dear god was that bad. It had a convoluted setup, a downright retarded plot, and the morons who made it obviously never read a fucking book about sharks considering the fact that the 'tiger shark' was exactly the same as the mako sharks, they just happened to have stripes. There is so much about that movie that I hate.

As for some of the movies I've seen mentioned, I liked Contact because it stayed true to the spirit of the book and didn't cop out and show some lame bland grey alien at the end. I also enjoyed the hell out of Reign of Fire.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Further dishonourable mention goes to "Zed" starring Sean Connery. Basically, Connery (as the title character) plays a kill-crazed superhuman in a post apocalyptic setting. He finds his way into a colony of highly intelligent immortals, whose society has become decadent. What followrs is an hour and a half of insipid, low budget, directionless "trying to be arty-farty but failing at it" bollocks. As one reviewer said "the best thing about the movie is seeing Sean Connery in diapers for two hours" or words to that effect.
Flagg wrote:Mission to Mars was godawful, and the same is true of Red Planet.
But I have to say the worst movie I can think of right now is Deep Blue Sea. Dear god was that bad. It had a convoluted setup, a downright retarded plot, and the morons who made it obviously never read a fucking book about sharks considering the fact that the 'tiger shark' was exactly the same as the mako sharks, they just happened to have stripes. There is so much about that movie that I hate.
:lol: And one would think that opening an encyclopedia to see what a tiger shark looks like wouldn't bee too hard.
Flagg wrote:As for some of the movies I've seen mentioned, I liked Contact because it stayed true to the spirit of the book and didn't cop out and show some lame bland grey alien at the end. I also enjoyed the hell out of Reign of Fire.
Reign of fire was massively silly, but one could enjoy it as a popcorn flic.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka