good sig idea?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

good sig idea?

Post by Redleader34 »

Thi movie This is a sig idea that I thought of. Its a veritech tranforming. Should I shrink it town to a giff and link it to my signature?
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Daltonator
Reclusive Wanker

Post by Daltonator »

With what?
JMS 4:22 | Image
Redleader34
Jedi Knight

Post by Redleader34 »

A banner that would say when in doubt transform or "Veritechs. Since planes cannt take land, you call us to.
Dan's Art

"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

That GIF'd be huge if you want it to have any sort of quality. And animated sigs are pure evil, anyway.
With what?
Convert the FLV to MPG or AVI, open in MPC, capture frames, make a GIF. It's a lot of trouble, but it's possible.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight

Post by Redleader34 »

I got 123 avi to gif converter for that reason. its a lot less work. the gif
Dan's Art

Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Congratulations, you've made a GIF that's almost too small to make out yet it still clocks in at 242k. Put that in your sig and the 56k'ers will form a lynch mob.
Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Post by Acidburns »

I'd start cutting out frames and losing some colour depth, that'll bring the image dimensions up and still help keep the file size down.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Hell I'm on a freaking DSL connection and I find 242k excessive, especially for a not particularly interesting animation that is the next best thing to unnoticeable.
Mind you, I dislike animated sig pics in general, but wasting bandwidth with one that 7 out of 10 people won't even notice?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Shit, my connection is leet and that took me a second to load individually. I can feel for everyone else who must take longer.

Either fix it or drop it.
Redleader34
Jedi Knight

Post by Redleader34 »

Thanks for the warning
Dan's Art