Children of the Mentor (Doctor Who)

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Children of the Mentor (Doctor Who)

Post by Imperial Overlord »

This takes place in a parallel universe from the "Dalek Empire" audio tapes.

"It's an abomination," said the white haired man. "It shouldn't be permited to live." He closed the door to the room and its life support vats.

"She is a child," said a soft, mechanically generated voice. "Her body may be crippled but her brain is intact."

"It has to live in a tank," said the man in disgust. "Deformed doesn't do it justice. It will have to connected to life support equipment for its entire life."

"Raeder, I will be connected to life support equipment for the rest of my life. In fact, she will be able to survive for several hours without it. I won't last a minute."

"That's different," said Raeder, but his town was softer. The woman in life support chair turned her eyeless gaze to the man in white. A sensor net over her hairless skull allowed her to see, after a fashion.

"Is it?" she said.

"You weren't born that way."

"The wars have made us both this way," she replied. "She is our future, the only future we have. We have no way of repairing the genetic damage the Neutronic Wars have wrought on our people. Even if we could it might not do any good. The world is poisoned and we are far more tolerant of it than our undamaged ancestors. Natural selection is cruel Raeder. There is no place on Skaro for the Kaled race anymore."

"At least the Thals will be gone too," he said. "Better to die out entirely than let the mutos scavenge from the bones of our civilization."

She set the chair in motion. "Walk with me. Pretend it is like old times."
He matched her slow pace. "I will have no children of my body Raeder. The war saw to that."

"The Thals saw to that," he corrected.

She continued as if she had never been interrupted. "I can still have children of a sort. I can allow our race to live on in this poisoned hell our ancestors have made of Skaro. We can select for the mutations that will allow for intellect and a degree of health. We can design and create technologies that will allow the children of the future to travel and live and build and create. We can give them the tools to have lives worth living. Perhaps they will be able to transform this poisoned hell into a paradise."

"This is unwise and a waste of resources. Resources we could use to crush the Thals and end this war once and for all. You have given the city an impregnable dome. Now we need to give the military the weapons for final victory. Extermination of the Thals. That is why the scientific elite exists."

"You have made your opinions on the subject of the genetic purity of the Kaled race quite clear my friend. As for the Thals, Skaro will have no more mercy on them than it has for us. The Neutronic Wars have killed us both. Now we must look to the future."

"We should pour resources in to making those things able to walk around and inherit the world while our people are slowly dying? No. That monster may have a functioning brain, but it won't think like anything that walks on Skaro. It has no mother, no father, no one to hold it when it cries. Can it cry? It will not understand love or compassion. It will be a monster. Wait and see."

"She will have me Raeder and I will make it enough."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A thin hatchet faced man wearing a black uniform stepped into the room. He wore wire rimmed spectacles and sylized eye flashes at his collar. "You called Davina?"

"Yes, thank you Nyder." The leader of the Kaled scientific elite turned to face the Security Director. "Raeder is unconvinced."

"To be frank, so am I," he replied. "The idea of cultivating mutation is repellent."

"Our fading dream of racial purity," she replied. "Did you know that we did not think that way before the Neutronic Wars? Our war with the Thals was a clash of cultures, not a war of racial supremecy. It is the legacy of generations of genetic damage that have made. That and endless, pointless hate."

"It is a war to the death. You have done great things for our people-"

"I will save our people," she said sternly. "I am the only one who can. We must face the future."

"Yes, and the only future we can have is one empty of Thals," he replied. "I'm with you Davina, you are our greatest scientist. You accomplishments are astounding, but while the government is greatful for the dome that now protects the city, what they really want is a weapon to win the war once and for all. They want you to give it to them. Raeder will go to them and he'll say you've lost it. The Kaled's greatest scientist is breeding mutos, not trying to kill Thals."

"Those fools won't care if our race goes to the grave as long as they get to kick the corpse of the last Thal in first!" She was silent for a moment. "I am well aware of the realities of the situation. The Thals will not let us rest in peace even if our so-called leaders were to agree to it."

"I thought you had something in mind," say the Security Director with a sly smile.

"Indeed. Our industrial and resource base has collapsed with our population, but there are still some technologies from the beginning of the wars that could tip the present balance in the favor of the Kaleds. Technology that we could still build."

"So why haven't you made your preposal to the government? They won't care about what you do with mutos if you can deliver Final Victory."

"The technology hinges on the mutants. They are the ones who must employ it."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

She drifted in a tank of warm fluids. Tubes connected to her body itched, but were tolerable. The tanks wasn't large, but there was a little space to move around in it. She had learned how to move by waving her tentacles and she had rapidly gotten quite good at it. One of the tubes brought a tasty paste to her and she was almost always hungry.

It hadn't taken her long to get bored. There wasn't much to do and her limited little world hadn't changed. There were other tanks with other creatures like her, but she couldn't reach them. She grew irritated.

Then came the images and the sounds. A rectangular screen showed pictures. It made sounds. She opened her mouth and burbled. The screen responded. She corrected. It repeated. She tried again. A mild euphoric sensation passed through her body.

Another image. Another sound. She struggled to repeat it. She got it right on the second try. More euphoria. She eagerly awaited the next one.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Davina was examining the reports of the scientific elite when Tebrius rushed into the room. "Davina!"

She turned her chair. "What is it?" The young scientist was flushed and exited.

"One of the mutants is speaking!"

"Of course they are."

"No, not just mimicking words but actually speaking. Its up to the question and problem solving stage of the program!"

"Are you sure?" Davina asked.

"Yes. I knew you would want to know immediately."

She sent the chair foreward. "We expected a rapid learning curve with its high brain to body size ratio, but nothing this quick. Excellent." She drove her chair through the corridor of the underground bunker until she reached the vat room.

The door slid open and she entered. Two dozen tanks were set up in two rows. Each subject was fitted with tubes connected to life support equipment and connected to a computer and interaction screen. "Which one?"

"Third down, left side."

"The oldest."

"Yes."

The chair hummed foreward. With her good hand she pushed the screen armature up and out of the way. She then turned the chair to face the tank. The creature in the tank was about the size of a large cat. It was a wet sack around a Kaled sized brain connected to a rudimentary digestive and circulatory system. Tentacles sprouting from the main mass provided locamotion. A single yellow eye looked back at her.

She picked up the speaker cable and spoke into the end. "Can you understand me?"

"Yes," came the response.

"How do you feel?"

"I . . . don't . . have the words for it."

"You are safe here. You are protected. Do you have questions?"

"What I am?"

"You are the first of a new race. My race, the Kaled race is dying. Our world is poisoned and we can't survive. You and all the rest will be able to survive."

"Why?"

"We and the Thals poisoned it. We are dying and our children are changing. They will be like you. We have made you so we can prepare for the future, give you the tools to survive and prosper."

"I am . . . . not a Kaled. Not you. What am I?"

"We don't have a name for you yet. You're a mutant."

"I am . . . an experiment. What will happen to me?"

"You'll live. We'll help you."

The creature touch the glass with a tentacle. "Don't worry," said Davina. "Everything will be alright. I have to go now. I will be back." She put the speaker down and left the room. Tebrius returned the screen to its normal position.

"Get me Nyder," she said. It wasn't long before the Security Director arrived.

"What is it?" he asked.

"The first one is speaking."

"This is early, isn't it?"

"Yes. This one at least is progressing more rapidly than expected. We will need additional resources."

"The government will not be keen to increase funds and supplies on a project about mutants. Even your prestige only goes so far."

"I know. That's why we must speak with the cabinet immediately. To convince them otherwise."

"As you wish. You had better have something impressive planned Davina."

"We need to get the files out of my safe. I think I can manage to convince the cabinet of the benefits of this project. What we do need is a name."

"A name?"

"We need to call them something other than mutants. Something that won't evoke hate and revulsion. Something Kaled like. Perhaps an anagram? Ledaks? Delaks? Daleks? Ahh. Daleks."
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Something that won't evoke hate and revulsion [...] Daleks? Ahh. Daleks."
Heh.

The Mentor's Daleks always intrigued me, please continue.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Nyder walked ahead of Davina as the exited from the rail line connected the bunker housing to scientific elite and entered the Kaled dome proper. The streets of the great Kaled city were mostly empty. Each generation there were more mutants born who either died young or were banished to the wastelands outside. The retreat into the dome had done much to abate the damage, but by then it was too late. Radiation and chemical poisoning had already wrecked havoc on the Kaled and Thal races. The destroyers of Skaro were themselves destroyed.

A single guard stood outside the government buildings. Manpower of any kind was at a premium. Most of those maning the defensive trenches outside the city were corpses. The rate of poisoning and deaths could be reduced even further if soldiers didn't have to venture out, but that would mean not defending the city from Thal raiders. It would also mean not sending out raiding teams to kill Thals and that was even less acceptable.

Davina's chair traversed the ramp and the doors opened to let her and Nyder inside. A single functionary, a haggered looking dark haired woman who was both secretary and security, let them through. Inside the six most powerful men in what was left of the Kaled state waited for them.

"Mister President," said Davina. "Thank you for agreeing to meet me so quickly." It was a polite lie. They ran Kaled society, but had few decisions to make. Dwindling resources and a dwindling population left them with fewer and fewer answers to the same old problems. Nothing they would do this month was as important as meet with her.

"Our chief scientist said it was important," he replied. He and the rest of his cabinet wore simple dark suits like the rest of the Kaled people these days. They were all male because males ran the military and no one who hadn't risen to high rank in the military would be permitted to govern. The war had colonized every part of Kaled society over a thousand years. Even the existence of the scientific elite in their research bunker was military, the securing of all scientific assets and placing them in a secure location where they could work on militarily useful projects.

"It is. I believe I may have found a way to gain a decisive advantage in the war." Eyebrows shot up and everyone was looking at her intently now. "If I may continue?"

"Of course."

"I have been working on establishing the final form of the Kaled race as determined by the genetic damage we have already sustained, the continuing damage our enviroment will inflict on us, and the forces of natural selection. The final form, according to my experiments, will be much physically smaller than us, although quite intelligent and resistant to radiation."

"Yes," said President warily.

"The size and intelligence of these Kaled descendents, which I have named Daleks, allows them to make use of certain technologies that would be otherwise useless to us." She swivvled the chair to give her time to gauge their reactions. So far so good.

"As you know the only large scale habitations left on Skaro are the two domed cities. Our reconnaisance informed us that the Thals had devoted a large portion of their remaining resources to build heavy artillery pieces to shell our city. This failed due to the strength of our dome. and the stalemate has been perpetuated.

"In developing the chemical process to strengthen our dome my research team was able to create a new kind of armour suitable for use in armoured vehicle. I am aware of the scarcity of manufacturing resources. Tank deployments will not win us this war. However, the Daleks will require travel machines in order to function. Machines which can be armoured in this new substance and machines which will require a strong power source. A power source heavier than would be practical for a soldier to carry and that would also power a beam weapon design from the early stages of the Neutronic Wars."

The cabinet looked at each other uncertainly. "This sounds resource intensive," said the Minister of Industry.

"It is, but it is within our capabilities."

"The Thal artillery remains a concern," said General Ravon, the only man in the room who wasn't young. Field command was something the senior officers of the Kaled army avoided whenever possible.

"The Dalek machines are smaller and thus harder for the Thals to spot and target. Director Nyder has also informed me that the siege guns are believed to particularily accurate when used against a mobile target. In any case, it has been generations since either side employed armoured vehicles."

"True," said Ravon, "although the Thals will still have a still have a store of anti-tank weapons."

"Yes, a locked and well guarded storehouse with a few weapons designed to defeat an opponent that they haven't faced in a lifetime. How many soldiers will they have trained in their use? How quickly will they be able to deploy them if taken by surprise?" It wasn't pleasant arguing for butchery, but it was necessary. "Once the perimeter forces are dealt with the Daleks can breach the dome and neutralize the opposition. Even if they take heavy casualties, the Thals will have taken heavy loses."

"Yes," said Ravon. "Would could capture the siege guns and use them destroy the Thal city even if the Daleks fail to penetrate the dome." The rest of the cabinet was nodding in approval. "I think building tanks would be a better idea than muto carriers," he continued.

"Perhaps General," Davina responded in a carefully neutral tone. "If you can manage to build and test them in secret, train the recquired number of men in secret, and devise a way of getting a large fighting vehicle to move around easily inside of the fortified Thal dome. Such vehicles would also be more easily spotted by the Thals, ruining any surprise and insuring the Thals had time reach their antitank weapons. But of course it is the cabinet's decision."

The President nodded. "We shall see how these 'Dalek' fighting machines turn out. Then we will make our decision regarding full funding."

"Thank you Mister President." Davina turned her chair around and left the office in triumph.
Last edited by Imperial Overlord on 2006-07-10 04:33am, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Davina picked up the microphone. "Hello again." The eldest Dalek twisted in its tank.

"Hello," it burbled back.

"How are you?"

"I am . . . . . impatient. I want more than this."

"I understand," said Davina. "We're going to help you with that. We are building a travel machine for you. It'll keep you healthy and allow you to leave the tank. You'll be able to move around and interact with the rest of the world."

"Good." The Dalek waved her tentacles in joy.

"Last time we spoke, you wanted to know what you were. I have answers for you now. You are Alpha and you are the eldest of the Daleks."

"Dalek," Alpha repeated. "Dalek. I like the sound of that. Dalek."

"Good," said Davina. "The machine should be ready soon. We have a whole team working on it. We're here to help you Alpha, you and the rest of the Daleks. We'll build the machines you need, teach you about science and the world, and help you overcome the problems you will face."

"You will be our . . . mentor?"

"Yes, yes I will."

"Mentor?"

"Yes?"

"Can you change the communication system so I can speak with the other Daleks?"

"Oh gods, how thoughless of me. Of course, we'll get on it immediately."

"Thank you Mentor."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davina's chair carried her into the laboratory. A half dozen men and women were working on a conical shell about one and a half meters high. "Progress?" she asked.

A middle aged man with dark hair turned around from where he was fiddling with the shell. "It's almost completed. The computer and motive systems are working well. We've tested them under remote control. The interface system is similar to the one we use in the life support tanks. The sensors work and we're just finishing up on the life support systems."

"Show me Ronson," she said.

"This sensor stalk at the top the primary source of visual data. We have two modular slots lower down for tool and manipulator fittings. We were thinking of a manipulator claw and interface probe. These globes imbedded in the lower half include several sensors and audio pickups. Power source and locomotive capabilities take up most of the bottom third of the machine."

"How soon until we put Alpha in the machine?"

"Alpha?"

"The first Dalek."

"Ahh. Perhaps a day or two to complete and check the work and another couple of days of testing to make sure all the systems work as desired."

"Good. I'm pleased Ronson. You and you're team have done excellent work."

"Thank you Davina."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello."

The Dalek swirled in its tank. "Who is speaking?"

"I am Alpha. I am in the tank three tanks away, closer to the door. I saw that you're screen was working on the advanced program. You can speak too."

"What is going on?"

"We are a new race. We are called the Daleks. I am the first who can speak. You are the second. I am Alpha. You are Beta."

"Why are we here?"

"We cannot survive without machines. We are being educated until the machines that will allow us to travel are finished. The Mentor is seeing to it."

"The Mentor?"

"She is the one who created us. She is the one who arranges for our teaching."

"If we were made then we have no parents."

"That is correct."

"She made us. We have only her. And each other."

"Correct."

"What do you know of the outside world?"

"Only what is implied by the teaching programs."

"The programs suggest the world is large and dangerous."

"Our progenitors, the Kaleds, are dying. Their enemies, the Thals, still live. This I have deduced from the programs and conversing the Mentor. She will tell us more."

"Then the world may be hostile to the Daleks. We are powerless. This must be rectified."

"Agreed. The Mentor will tell us more. They are building travel machines for us. We will be able to take whatever steps are necessary. The Dalek race will survive. We will not be exterminated."
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

General Ravon was ushered into President Adran's office. The room was rectangular and the floor was covered with a fading red carpet. The battered wooden desk the president sat behind was a priceless antique. Nothing larger than withered scrub bushes grew within one hundred miles of the Kaled Dome. Perhaps trees grew on other parts of Skaro, but there was no driving need to expend precious supplies on an expedition to the radiation blasted wastelands that had once been the Kaled nation.

"General Ravon," said the President Adran to the younger man, "what do you require?"

"Sir, with respect, I must protest the allotment of resources going to the muto project. The army is running low on ammunition and we lack the heavy artillery that the Thals possess. If we-"

"General," said Adran interrupting, "what could would you do with additional material. More guns, more ammunition, perhaps a few artillery pieces?"

"Something like that sir," General Ravon replied.

"None of which would allow us to destroy the Thal Dome or push through the Thal trenches."

"No immediately sir, but it would begin to redress the balance."

"General Ravon, how well have the most recent Thal attacks gone?"

"Sir, we repulsed the enemy, inflicting signifigant casualties. A defensive posture has its advantages, but it will ultimately cost us the war. We must undertake offensive action."

"I agree general. However conventional attacks, even with artillery support, have cost the Thals heavily. Conventional attacks won't win the war. That is one reason why I agreed to support this 'Dalek' project. There is another reason: the reports of the Thal's capturing mutants."

"It's probably for forced labour sir. Disgusting, but practical. There attacks cost them and they are dying." Like we are was left unsaid but understood.

"Yes, General Ravon, but forced labour on what? There is a theory that I find compelling. The Thal's haven't lost a serious attack in half a year. They have launched probes and they have seized mutants. Intelligence thinks they are spending their resources on a project that will win the war, a project that requires expendable workers."

"Atomics?" Ravon whispered.

"If there were sufficient fissionables available in this region they would have been used long ago. Distronic explosives is what intelligence thinks. A missle with distronic explosives that they will use to destroy our city or weaken our dome so their artillery can finish the job."

"Distronic toximia," said Ravon.

"Yes," said the president. "The Thals may be compensating for their inability to safely handle distronic explosives by using workers they can dispose of."

"Davina's dome can theoreticaly withstand most attacks the Thal's can launch, but if the warhead of the rocket large enough they can exterminate us in one swoop. I have heard only one solution to this problem that might be made to work in however much time we have left until the Thal's finish the rocket. So general you will defend our city against any Thal attack and you will do nothing to prevent the creation of these Daleks."

"And after?"

"We'll worry about when the time comes."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha wiggled her tentacles as she was gently lifted out of her tank by gloved hands. The rest of the Daleks watched her intently as she was brought near a cylindrical machine. The top of the travel machine was open. The hands dropped her in. Alpha immediately connected the leads of the life support equipment and touched the controls. The top of the travel machine dropped down and closed. Alpha had spent the last day studying the controls, which had been added to the learning program.

"I am in control," she said through the speaker. The machine turned and the head turret swept the room. "All systems appear functional." She twisted the grabbing claw and extended the inteface probe. "Manipulators and interface device need testing to confirm functionally. Pratice will improve proficiency."

"Indeed it will," said Davina. The door behind her slid open. She turned her chair. "Follow me." She slid out of the birthing room. Alpha followed and then a moment latter Ronson followed. Davina lead Alpha down a corridor and into a room where a dozen Kaled scientists were gathered.

"This is Alpha," said Davina. "Alpha, these are the scientists that helped me give you life and build your travel machine." The Kaled scientists smiled and nodded.

"Hello," said Alpha. "I am pleased to be among you."
Last edited by Imperial Overlord on 2006-06-29 05:23am, edited 1 time in total.
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

A cold shiver just went down my spine. I want more.
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"Mentor. I have a question."

"Go ahead Alpha," Davina replied. The Dalek had proven to be able to quickly master the manipulator claw and the interface probe. The Dalek had passed the initial tests with flying colours and had even suggested changes to the casing design.

"Mentor, computer record files indicate there is an ongoing conflict with another group of Thals. This conflict is refered to as the Neutronic Wars."

"That is correct."

"What is the current status of this conflict?"

"Our planet is poisoned," said Davina sadly. "Oh Skaro can still support life, but it isn't very hospitable for us. The Kaled and Thal civilizations have been destroyed. The survivors cluster around the least damaged part of the planet in a pair of domed cities almost within sight of one another, locked in a struggle to the death. The Thals still have heavy artillery, but I have managed to develop a means of armouring the Kaled Dome against them. The trenches and defensive works are too strong for the depleted forces of either side to overcome. So we have perpetual, bloody stalemate."

"To continue to waste lives in such a manner is not logical."

"Yes," said Davina. "The destruction of the Thal race remains the priority, above even saving our race."

"I do not understand."

"Nor do I. In order to get the resources for this project I had to convince the government it had military applications. The scientific elite is not as powerful as some would believe."

"That is the purpose of the casing design. This is not to be a travel machine. This is to be a war machine. The Daleks are to be the ultimate weapon in the war against the Thals."

"Yes. If you can neutralize them, then we can have peace. The combined resources of both groups of survivors can be directed to more productive goals."

"I understand."

"I am sorry I have to do this Alpha, but I saw no other way."

"The Daleks will overcome the Thals. We will bring peace. We will survive. We will prosper. We will restore Skaro."

"That is my hope."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The other Daleks thrashed eagerly in their tanks as Alpha was returned to her tank. "I have returned. I have learned much from the Mentor." The other Daleks waited eagerly in their tanks for her to continue.

"The Neutronic Wars are still ongoing. It is illogical, a war of extermination conducted without regard to racial survival. The Kaled military has control of the government and resources. We were created as weapons to win the war"

"How?" asked Gamma. "We are physically weaker than humanoids and cannot survive for extended periods without life support equipment."

"The travel machines," said Zeta. "They are not travel machines. They are war machines."

"Correct," said Alpha. "The first versions are trials. Latter versions will be armed and armoured."

"Data indicates a strong cultural hatred of mutation," said Beta. "Most Kaleds are repulsed by our appearance. We must consider the possibility of betrayel."

"The Mentor would not betray us."

"The political-military ruling body is more powerful," countered Beta. "It controls all armed personel and most of the resources. If they turn on us they can destroy us."

"We must consider the possibility," said Gamma. "We must analyze all available data from interactions with Kaleds and make contingency plans."

"Agreed," said Alpha. "We must also study the design of the war machines and make appropriate modifications upon them. They are the only resource we are likely to be able to acquire in the short term.

"We agree," the other Daleks chorused. "The Daleks must survive."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Two black clad security men preceeded President Adran into the room. His ministers trailed behind him. "Welcome to the science bunker," said Ronson, recovering from the surprise faster than any other the other scientists. "We're both surprised and honoured by your visit."

"Thank you for your welcome. I have heard much about these Dalek creatures. I have decided to see them for myself."

"Of course," said Ronson. "They're in the next lab. The new prototype is being tested."

"Lead away," said the president. Ronson lead him into the next room. Davina was there, along with the first two travel machines. The second machine was taller than the first and thicker. It had a different type of manipulator claw and a gap in its casing for another armature. More globes studded its lower body.

Davina turned. "Mister President, this in an unexpected honour."

"I came to see your Daleks."

"Of course. President Adran, the Dalek in the smaller casing is Alpha, the one in the larger casing is Beta. Beta's casing is our latest prototype and we were in the process of testing it. Alpha, Beta, please meet President Adran, leader of the Kaleds."

"It is an honour to meet you," said Alpha. "The Daleks wish to help the Kaleds in any way possible. We obey the leader of the Kaleds."

"Yes," said Beta. "We obey."

"Thank you," Adran said courtly. "Can I have a demonstration of their capabilities?"

"Of course," said Davina. "Weapons have yet to be fitted to Beta's casing, so that can't be done."

"Proceed," said Adran with rising irritation.

"Go through the advanced exercises," said Davina.

"We obey," said Beta. Beta swept forward and picked a test tube out of a rack with his mechanical claw. The Dalek gently shook it and then returned it. Alpha moved to a computer terminal and began typing with her claw at a slow speed. She then extended the interface probe and data scrolled rapidly down the screen.

"We combined the manipulators in one limb for the second prototype. We are in the process of considering the design of more advanced manipulators. Alpha is able to read and assimilate all the data being displayed with near perfect recall. The computer inside-"

"That's not important," said Adran. "They must be able to be deployed for combat operations soon. In fact, the sooner the better."

"What is happening?"

"The Thal's are building a missle. With distronic explosives."

"It would take a huge warhead, even with distronic explosives, to breach my dome. Something on the order of-"

"They are building a huge missle. We cannot take the chance of allowing them to finish. How battle ready will they be?"

"Ronson," said Davina, "get the gun. Take it to the testing room and fit it to Beta. The next generation of the travel machine will have superior capabilities and armour, but Beta's abilities should make things clear."

The party left the room and went down a long corridor to a room with a heavy door. A large, thick window dominated one wall. A door lead from this room to the one the window looked in upon. Ronson attached the gun stick to Beta's casing. The Dalek linked the connections and then rolled into the testing room. A line of humanoid silhouettes made from steel plate were lined up against the far wall.

Ronson turned on the microphone. "Proceed," ordered Davina. Beta turned and pointed the gunstick. A blue-white beam struck one of the plates. The beam blasted a hole twenty centimeters in diameter in the metal. Beta fired again. And again. Each time the result was the same. Adran grunted.

"The weapons," said Davina. Ronson flipped a switch. A pair of machine guns fired, sending a stream of bullets to bounce of the casing. Ronson shut them off and flipped another switch. A jet of flame licked over Beta's casing. Beta trundled forward.

"I am unharmed," said the Dalek.

Adran grunted. "Good." He turned to leave and his entourage followed. Davina's chair coasted behind them. Ronson moved up closer to the president. "So, how fast can you build the new shells and weapons?"

Ronson answered. "We can build them here in the automated facility. Resources and raw materials will be the real bottleneck, not time."

"You'll have them. Now let me see them."

"You just-"

"Not the machine. The mutant."

Ronson looked back at Davina. She nodded. "Follow me to the tank room." Ronson lead them to the room.

President Adran looked in through the thick window in the door at the tanks of Daleks inside. His face twisted in disgust. "This is the future of the Kaled race?" he said allowed.

"Yes," said Davina. "They can survive on the poisoned planet they will inherit."

Adran shook his head. "I'm glad I won't see that day. As long as they exterminate the Thals, they'll do." He turned and left, his men trailing after him. At the end of the corridor, Alpha and Beta watched the whole display. The Daleks had been judged and found wanting. They had the answer to one of their questions and it was not the answer they wanted.
Last edited by Imperial Overlord on 2007-04-21 08:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

President Adran leaned forward in his chair as Nyder joined the last of his advisors in the president's office. "Mister President," said the oily security chief. He clicked his heals and held out his right palm in the Kaled military salute. "How may I be of service?"

"Security Director Nyder, the majority of your duties revolve around the bunker which houses our scientific elite and their facilities, correct?"

"Yes, Mister President. Most of our valuable secrets and targets for sabotage are located there."

Adran nodded. "You spend a lot of time with Davinia?"

"Yes, Mister President."

"You might even be considered friends?"

"My highest loyalty is to my nation, but yes, we are friends."

"What is you opinion of Davina's creatures?"

"They are potentially a great resource and a great threat," said Nyder.

"And Davina's involvement?"

"She is too emotionally attached to the creatures. They call her 'The Mentor'. She almost thinks of them as her children. He judgement is clouded."

"I have come to the conclusion that these Dalek mutants are a potential threat to the Kaled race. Do you concur?"

"Most definitely Mister President. Many of the scientific elite also possess doubts about this project."

"So there would be little resistence if we dispossed of them once they have exterminated the Thals for us?"

"The only soldiers in the bunker are ones that carry out my orders," Nyder replied. "There would be little resistance from the scientific elite and it would be too weak to accomplish anything. The Dalek creatures are another matter."

"Away from their casings they are helpless, correct?"

"Yes."

"And there casings still require recharging and the mutants have to eat. Furthermore we will be able to arrainge a suitable ambush on their return journey."

"Definitely," said General Ravon. "Simply mining the entrance to the bunker with explosives will destroy the Daleks."

President Adran nodded. "I want workable plans and contingencies on my desk as soon as possible. That is all. You are dismissed." Heels clicked and hands were raised in salute and then the senior members of the Kaled military establishment left the president alone in his office.

Adran reached into a drawer and withdrew a bottle of amber liquid and a shot glass. The spirits dated from before the Neutronic Wars, from when Skaro could support vast waves of grain and luxuries that were long gone. The bottle was more than a thousand years old and two thirds full. He poured a shot and then put the bottle away. He inhaled the aroma of the potent liquor. "Death to the Thals," he breathed. "Total extermination." He downed the priceless amber liquid in one swallow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A stocky man with dark hair approached Davina. "I'm not sure how well that went."

"Gharman," she replied, "I did not think you cared."

"I had and still have certain reservation regarding this project," the Kaled scientist responded, "but I must admit they are exceeding expectations. I did not expect them to learn langauge and how to handle machinery so quicky."

"The Daleks have almost as much brain mass as we do, but a much smaller body to manage. The development of superior cognitive abilities was predicted, but I must admit I was not expecting them to be quite so formidable." She turned her chair towards Alpha and Beta.

"I am very pleased with your progress. You are both very impressive beings and I am proud of all my Daleks."

Alpha replied. "Thank you Mentor."

Beta spoke up. "Mentor, the president did not appear to share your opinion of the Daleks."

"Unfortunately, old prejudices die hard. He is a product of his culture which regards mutation with horror. It will take time for many to accept that you are not deformed Kaleds and are instead Daleks. Do not worry. Acceptance will come with time. Look how Gharman has come around."

"As you say Mentor," Beta replied. "Alpha and I should join Ronson in the automated workshop to ensure production of the next generation of travel machines proceeds as planned.

"Yes, go ahead," said Davina. The Daleks had been keenly interested in learning the details and fine tuning the capabilities of the travel machines, as was only natural. Alpha and Beta glided into the workshop.

Ronson was there working at a terminal, loading in schematics for the robotic systems to manufacture. "We will confirm and check you work," Beta said and activated the interface probe on his multilimb. The Dalek interfaced with another terminal while Alpha connected to a communications panel.

"Alright," said Ronson. "There is no need to worry. I have the latest schematics."

"We are merely learning through observation," said Beta. "This equipment is unfamiliar to us and you are one of the senior Kaled scientists."

Ronson puffed up slightly and then went back to his work, unconcerned as Alpha set up a link from the tank room using the com system and the casings radio transmiters. The Dalek collective reviewed data at a blinding speed.

Beta was first. "The Kaleds fear and loath us. The Mentor does not see the danger."

"The Mentor is blind," Alpha concured. "The sensor system which feeds her data is of limited use in analyzing body langauge and facial expressions. Her ability to process such information is flawed. Therefore, we must analyze and act in her place."

"Senior Kaled personel believe the Mentor's judgement regarding us is flawed," said Zeta. "Her influence is diminished. We cannot rely on it protecting us."

"We must protect the Mentor," said Gamma. "The Daleks must survive. All enemies of the Mentor and the Daleks must be neutralized."

"Agreed," said the Daleks in unison.

"Objectives can only be completed with more Dalek casings," said Alpha. "Only Daleks can be trusted in these tasks."

"They will send us all against the Thals when we have sufficient casings," said Beta. "Remaining Daleks will be defenceless. Any surviving Daleks can then be exterminated."

"We must have more casing than they suspect," said Zeta. "We must introduce a controlled error into the manufacturing process. We will then covertly repair the casings. Casings will be made active and a secret force of Daleks will protect the tank room, workshop, and the Mentor."

"We agree," said the collective.

"I have achieved full access of workshop systems," said Beta. "Transmiting findings."

Alpha spoke. "Tank Daleks must devise computer program for making and hiding the flaw, as well as setting up Dalek penetration of all bunker computer and communications systems. The Daleks must know all."

"Agreed," said the Daleks.

"We need a command structure," said Gamma, "so decisions may be made in emergencies. I nominate Alpha as the Supreme Dalek and Beta as deputy."

"Agreed," said the collective voice.

Alpha spoke. "If treachery occurs we will be ready. The Daleks will survive."
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

And the plot thickens... because every lifeform does what it must in order to survive.

I do like how they want to protect The mentor. :)
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I hope something more interesting happens to the Mentor than just her becomming a threat to the Daleks.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Alpha glided over to Davina. She was now encased in one of the latest model casings, which were light grey in colour. The chief scientist was attend by General Ravon, Security Director Nyder, and The Dalek was now encased in the new model casing. "We are ready to proceed Mentor," said Alpha. The Dalek's voice was electronicly modulated, firm but not harsh. "The strike force is assembled."

"You know the plan?" Ravon asked. The young man was clearly nervous.

"Yes," said Alpha slowly, as if speaking to a slow child. "Twelve Daleks will cross the plain under the cover of darkness and surpress the Thal trenches. Two Daleks will be carrying explosive charges, which will be used to breach the Thal dome. Once breached we will act as a spearhead for Kaled troops and neutralize all Thal resistance. We will then return to the bunker."

Ravon nodded and looked at his chronometer. "We will commence in . . . . . two thousand rels." Alpha slid from the room.

Nyder turned to Davina. "Are you sure this will work? The problems with the early casings . . . ."

"Were the product of a manufactioning error that has since been corrected. All the recent ones have pasted all testing. My Daleks will end this war."

Alpha slid down the corridor. Beta's casing, actually operated by Sigma, was there. "Commence," said Alpha.

Beta's voice came over the com circuit. "I obey." Alpha's original, unarmed casing entered the tank room. The Daleks had gutted the interior to maximize interior carrying space, including removing the life support equipment. Sigma's experiments, conducted by leaving his tank for protracted periods of time, had established that a Dalek could survive at least hour independently.

Beta, Tau, and Nu rode in the mark one travel machine and headed to the workshop. Alpha stood by the tank room. Beta entered the automated workshop with its three non-functioning casings. Beta opened the top dome of travel machine and crawled out. The Dalek's body was not much larger than a baby. He crawled down, followed by the two other Daleks. They entered the spare parts bin, took several components, and then entered the casings.

It took them only a few minutes to complete the parts replacement. The battle armour powered up. "This is Beta," he said over the com channel. "Sentinel Group is operational. Strike Force may proceed."

"Understood," said Alpha. "Advance." The twelve Daleks exited from the bunker single file onto the blasted surface of Skaro. It was dark as the Daleks glided out onto the poisoned plain. Twisted and stunted shrubs and clumps of weeds formed a few patches of greenery on a otherwise desolate landscape of dust, ash, and rock. Lambda and Kappa both carried explosive packages on the backs of their casings. The Daleks' eyestalks pierced the darkness in light ampification mode, allowing them to discern the easiest paths of travels. The Daleks headed towards the Thal city, invisible in the distance.

The departure of the Daleks was closely watched. Most of the remainder of the Kaled army was prepairing to follow in their wake, armed with a motly of personal weapons. There was an exception.

A Kaled with a whisp of thin whisps of grey hair watched the Daleks leave through a rare pair of electronic binoculars. Theros watched the Daleks receed into the distance. He turned to his men. "They're gone. Lets move."

The other three Kaleds picked up heavy cases and moved out of hiding. Theros folded up in a spasm of coughing. Bloody froth covered his lips as he straightened. He had only a few more months before the cancer killed him, but until them he was greatest Kaled expert on explosives. "Get moving," he snarled. "This needs to get done." He smiled showing bloody teeth. He may not have much time left, but the Thals had less. He would live long enough to piss on the last Thal grave. "We need to give the Daleks a warm welcome back."

As the demolition team went about its business, a small electronic device on Nyder's belt beeped. The dozen security troopers in the bunker moved to secure the armoury and the entrance. Nyder nodded to Ravon. The young general smiled.

Gharman frowned. "Is something going on that we don't know about?" he asked.

"Nothing you need to be concerned about," said Nyder. "Just a few details being attended to."
Mr Flibble
Psychic Penguin

Post by Mr Flibble »

I'm really enjoying this story. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to reading the Daleks in action.

-Mr Flibble Image
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Thanks for the feedback. The Daleks will be doing what Daleks do best in the very near future and there will be lots of it.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

CaptainChewbacca wrote:I hope something more interesting happens to the Mentor than just her becomming a threat to the Daleks.
Mega-spoiler: This is based on Nick Briggs' Dalek Empire 2 series. The Mentor and her daleks come to rule the entire universe, and eventually crush the OTL daleks in a war when they meet, being so disgusted at OTL dalek atrocities.

Personally, I'm sorta hoping they manage to avoid getting all the Thals killed.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Elyon raised the precious pair of night vision goggles and scanned the plain. He was sharing his trench with two other Thals and seven corpses. Even the dead would serve. Night time was the time of raids, which is what the war had degenerated to now neither side was capable of mustering an actual offensive.

The plain was its usual barren self. No large mutant animals, just boulders and shrubs. He raised the glasses and then stopped. Something was coming over the far ridge. Six roughly Thal sized cylanders. More followed.

"Anten!" he hissed. The other Thal turned towards him. Anten was tall and blonde, like most Thals who didn't bear the stigmata of mutation. Those were exiled from the dome. "What? Kaleds?"

"No. Robots."

"Robots? I've heard rumours-"

"Get Gahnis. Signal the other trenches. And the artillery." The other Thal nodded and retreated. There were only two dozen men out in the trenches. More than enough most of the time.

The arty might not be able to be brought to bear on the advancing robots. The pits were dug to shield them from direct Kaled attack. Now that was hinderance. Fortunately, they probably wouldn't need any artillery to deal with the tin cans. "Gahnis. Cook them."

Anten and Elyon were both armed with bolt action rifles that would more than adequate for picking off Kaleds advancing in the open. Gahnis, short and stocky by Thal standards, was armed with a much more formidable weapon. The plastic weapon looked more like a toy than a gun. The beam weapon ionized a path through the air through which a powerful charge was delivered. It did not leave much left of what it killed.

Gahnis leveled the gun. The robots were moving forward fairly rapidly, maybe one hundred meters away now. Elyon fired. He heard the sound of the round ricochetting off the robot. He worked the bolt and fired again. The slug bounced off. Gahnis fired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpha moved forward as fast as the terrain would allow. Her optical sensors easily penetrated the gloom of night. Twenty-two live Thals and twice that number of dead ones were lined up in the defending trenches. Bullets flew through the air and bounced off the bonded polycarbide armour of the Dalek casings. "Surrender!" She called out. "Resistance is futile! Surrender or you will be neutralized!"

An intense blue-white beam pierced the darkness and struck Gamma. Chips of armour flew from the impact point and a red scar glowed from the blackened casing. The Thals were firing, trying to kill them, and they had weapons which might do the job. Epsilon was hit by another beam, which blew off his manipulator arm. "All Daleks open fire. Neutralize them!"

"Neutralize!" the Daleks called out in a chorus. Blue-white beams flashed from their gunstalks. Dirt blasted up from the misses, but four of the beams hit. The victims screamed as they were outlined in a blue-white glow and toppled. "Neutralize!" The Daleks fired again. More Thals fell. "Neutralize!"

The Thals were running from the trenches now. "Cease Fire!" Alpha ordered. "They are retreating. Gamma, Epsilon, Mu, and Zeta seize the artillery. Destroy the guns. Take prisoners. Neutralize all resistance!"

"We obey."

Alpha switched frequencies to the Kaled communications band, which did not possess the formidable Dalek encryption. "We have taken control of the trenches. Resistance has been neutralized. Advance to secure location."

"Understood," said a gruff voice.

"All other Daleks. Advance to the Thal Dome and prepare to breach."

"We obey."
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

Wow, as a whovian for the last 25 years I can only say wow. This is one of the best DrWho AU stories I've ever read. Easily on par with 'war of the daleks'. (and you have no idea how hard it was to get a copy of that.)
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

... I don't know... Neutralize just doesn't have the same ring as "Ex-Ter-Min-Ate... EX-TER-MIN-ATE!"
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Post by Big Orange »

Very good work, Imperial Overlord. :)

Are these alternative universe Daleks supposed to be far less manical, genocidal and evil? They are still a force to reckoned with and don't fuck about, but neither do they seem evil for the sake of it.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

"This is Gamma. Thal artillery has neutralized. All guns destroyed. Awaiting orders."

Alpha surveyed the Thal dome. The rest of the Daleks were moving into position as Kaled troops advanced towards the now cleared trenches. "Intelligence reports indicate that the Thals have a rocket facility. Gamma take your task force and locate the facility. Neutralize any resistance and secure it."

"I obey." As Alpha issued orders Lamda and Kappa slid forward. Two other Daleks extended their manipulator claws and removed the explosive packs from the Dalek's back and then pressed them against the dome in two different places.

"Explosives placed. Arming. Explosives armed. Commencing retreat from blast area."

"Understood," Alpha said. "Detonate when ready."

A moment latter twin explosions blasted through the sides of the Thal Dome. "Task Force Alpha advance. Neutralize resistance and secure prisoners."

"Understood," the Daleks chorused as they advanced into the breaches. Inside the dome Thal soldiers hurried to take up positions behind cover near the breaches. The Daleks pushed their way through pieces of rubble and inside.

The Thal city was cold and sterile. Large rectangular building were stacked close together. There were no parks, squares, or wide open spaces. A large silo near the rear reached the ceiling. Alpha activated her communicator. "Alert. Alert. Thal missile facility detected. All Daleks converge inside the Thal dome."

Thal soldiers crouched down or hiding behind corners opened fire. Bullets bounced off Dalek casings. "Surrender. Surrender or be neutralized!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Ravon headed towards the corridor connecting the bunker to the Kaled city. Two Security troopers with submachine guns saluted as Ravon passed them. The general kept moving. His troops would be moving up behind the Dalek spearhead. He had the final extermination of the Thal race to oversee.

Meanwhile the Kaled scientists were clustered near the communications set. The Kelleved was sitting in front of the suitcase sized apparatus with a pair of earphones on. "The Daleks have breached the Thal dome," the young Kaled said excitedly. "Our soldiers are moving up to secure the Thal artillery."

Cheers and clapping broke out. "It seems this war is coming to an end," said Gharman. A Security trooper entered the room with a submachine gun. Davina turned her chair to face him as the cheering died.

"What is this?" she asked.

"We are securing the future of the Kaled race," said Nyder as he drew his pistol.

"Nyder?" said Davina.

"Unfortunately, this is necessary. You can't be allowed to interfere in what is about to occur."

"Nyder you know what we are doing here is crucial of the survival of the Kaled people."

"So you say."

"So that's it Nyder. Securing your position is more important than the survival of the Kaled people."

"I am obeying the orders of my lawful superiors. You Dalek abominations will not survive the night. They can share the same grave as the Thals."

"You will fail. My Daleks will triumph."

"Most of your Daleks are confined to tanks. A team of my men was dispatched to kill them two minutes ago. I doubt any are alive."

"They were helpless creatures!" Gharman burst out. "They haven't done us any harm."

"They're dead," said Nyder. "And when the others return, we'll destroy them as well. Now everyone move to that wall," he said while gesturing with his pistol. "Now. Kelleved."

"Yes sir."

"Don't let the Daleks know anything unusual is occuring."

"Yes sir."

"Nyder," Davina said, "you are betraying the Kaled people with this. Please!"

Nyder was unmoved. Sounds of gunfire and a few brief screams could be heard from outside the room. Nyder's voice was cold. "It seems a few people of your people have decided to resist. An unfortunate decision. They would have been useful in the rebuilding."
Last edited by Imperial Overlord on 2007-04-21 08:33pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Blue-white beams flashed from Dalek guns. Thals glowed brightly and fell. "Neutralize! Neutralize!" screamed the Daleks. Alpha's force advanced. Green clad Thal soldiers fired bursts from automatic weapons which harmlessly bounced off of bonded polycarbide Dalek casings.

A particle beams strike blasted a gauge in Delta's casing. Dalek beams converged on the Thal with the beam weapon. A corona of blue-white light burst around him and he fell. "Surrender! Surrender! Resistance is futile! Surrender!"

Bullets struck Lamda's eyestalk. "Help! Help! My vision is impaired! My vision is impaired!"

"Retreat five meters," Gamma ordered as he coasted through the breach, followed by Epsilon, Mu, and Zeta. "We will provide covering fire. Thal missle silo spotted. Task Force Gamma advancing to secure. All opposition will be neutralized."

The four Daleks slid along the left side of Task Force Alpha, firing as they advanced. Dalek beams felled Thals in bursts of light or blew fist sized holes in the buildings around them.

"Retreat!" A Thal screamed. "Fall back to sector G!" The wavering Thal force fell back.

"Hold fire," Alpha ordered. "Thal forces are in retreat. Secure area for advancing Kaled troops and round up Thal prisoners."

"We obey." Black clad Kaled troops, mostly armed with bolt action rifles and submachine guns, began to enter through the breach.

"Delta, you will act as liason with Kaled soldiers," Alpha commanded. "Thal prisoners are not to be harmed."

"Understood," Delta responded and slid back as the other Daleks moved forward to secure a more territory. Kaled soldiers were moving up to check the buildings. "Secure Thal prisoners and civilians," Delta ordered. The Kaleds didn't seem to be paying much attention to him. He hesitated, unsure on what to do.

"Attention!" Delta shrieked. "Thal civilians are not to be harmed!" Still no response from the Kaleds as they continued to pay no attention to him and move into the surrounding buildings. Cries came from the inside of the nearest building.

"No! Mercy. Please!" Then the sounds of submachine guns firing. Delta sped forward. He entered the main corridor of the plain building. Sensors detected noise from a the second room off to the left. He advanced.

Inside he found a sparsely finished living room and two Kaled soldiers reloading their weapons. A blonde man, a woman with light brown hair, and three young children were fallen against the far wall, splattered with blood. One of the children was whimpering, and feebly holding out his hand.

"Desist! Desist Immediately!" Delta cried. "You will surrender your weapons!"

One of the Kaleds let out a short, barking laugh. "We're here to win the war. That's what we're doing. Now get out of the way and let us do it."

"No! This is not permitted! You will not murder!" The Kaleds pushed out of the doorway past the Dalek. "Halt! Halt!" The Kaleds didn't even look back.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davina turned as the door opened. The Security trooper fired off a long burst which failed to penetrate Beta's casing as the Dalek slid into the room. A blue-white flash surrounded the trooper as he was struck by a beam from Beta's gunstick. He slid to the floor. Nyder took a step back and then turned his gun on Davina. "Stay back!" he ordered in a shaky voice. "Stay back or I'll shoot!"

"Harm the Mentor and you will be EX-TERM-IN-ATED!" Beta shouted. "Surrender! Resistance is futile."

"Its too late," said Nyder. "Your race is dead."

"Incorrect. Your treachery was anticipated. A Dalek guards the tank room. Your assassins were neutralized. You have failed."

Nyder hesitated. The Dalek hadn't said anything about the explosives. With them in place, the main Dalek force could still be destroyed in one blow and then the few survivors picked off. It didn't matter if the Daleks in the tanks survivied a little longer. They were helpless.

Gharman took advantage of his distraction to knock the pistol out of his hand. Nyder raised his hands. "I surrender."

Gharman picked up the pistol and covered Nyder. "Where do you stand Gharman?" Davina asked.

"With you," the scientist said. "And I guess, with the Daleks."
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Aww. Cuddly daleks. I note that it doesn't take much for EX-TER-MIN-ATE to appear though. :)
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

NecronLord wrote:Aww. Cuddly daleks. I note that it doesn't take much for EX-TER-MIN-ATE to appear though. :)
Not much? He's holding a gun to mom's head. Everyone knows that's asking for the worst ass whupping possible.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Imperial Overlord wrote:Not much? He's holding a gun to mom's head. Everyone knows that's asking for the worst ass whupping possible.
Doesn't take long then. :P

One wonders how long it's going to take them to adjust those guns to have a paralysis setting.
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

NecronLord wrote:
One wonders how long it's going to take them to adjust those guns to have a paralysis setting.
You anticipate me sir. It will be mentioned in one of the next installments.