Title my fic!

UF: Stories written by users, both fanfics and original.

Moderator: LadyTevar

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Title my fic!

Post by Surlethe »

I'm currently in the midst of a fanfic (here, if you want to read it *hint, hint*). It essentially details an alternate ending where Yoda turns to the Dark Side to defeat Palpatine in the Senate chamber fight. As it happens, the current title is, "Yoda Goes Apeshit on Palpatine".

Now, phongn has suggested that I procure a new title for the fic; since I absolutely suck at titling things, I ask you, my fellow citizens, what should the new name for my fanfic be? I'm looking for suggestions now, and then when there's some consensus on the best ideas, I'll edit a poll into the OP (if there are any responses, that is ... ).
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Hmm, from someone whose story title is practically a fucking spoiler... :lol:. Maybe I'm not good to listen to.

How about something nice and simple like, "Remuneration"?
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Probability of Fate, perhaps?

It seems to fit the angle you're going for.
Prozac the Robert
Jedi Master

Post by Prozac the Robert »

Revenge of the Jedi? :D
Hi! I'm Prozac the Robert!

EBC: "We can categorically state that we will be releasing giant man-eating badgers into the area."
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Little Green Fiend.

I'm so clever.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pick wrote:Hmm, from someone whose story title is practically a fucking spoiler... :lol:. Maybe I'm not good to listen to.
In that vein, I'm someone who generally titles things in ways that makes no sense. Usually, anyway.

I want to say something long and awesome like "Within my heart there lies darkness" (rawr, isn't that compelling?). However, I am increasingly drawn to "Size matters not".
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

The Path of Destiny

It's subtle, and from someone who knows the story, and knows Yoda, it makes sense from his speech to Luke in ESB. "Once you walk down the path of the dark side, forever shall it dominate your destiny."
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
SilCore Wiki! Come take a look!
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Little Green Fear Machine. :D
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

"In the wake of a Tyrant..."
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

"Palpantine goes Apeshit on Yoda", just for the confusion factor. :wink:

I like "The Path of the Dark Side", to steal more from that one quote Ford mentioned.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

MRDOD wrote:I like "The Path of the Dark Side", to steal more from that one quote Hotfoot mentioned.
Your thoughts have been corrected. Please report to re-education for further improvements. :P
Do not meddle in the affairs of insomniacs, for they are cranky and can do things to you while you sleep.
The Realm of Confusion
"Every time you talk about Teal'c, I keep imagining Thor's ass. Thank you very much for that, you fucking fucker." -Marcao
SG-14: Because in some cases, "Recon" means "Blow up a fucking planet or die trying."
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Hotfoot wrote:
MRDOD wrote:I like "The Path of the Dark Side", to steal more from that one quote Hotfoot mentioned.
Your thoughts have been corrected. Please report to re-education for further improvements. :P
im sorry liek i get too noobs mixed up so often cause there leik teh same olol m i rite lololol? im so sry <3 <3 <3

Okay anyhow I think that something from the "the Path of the Dark Side" quote has to be the only usable Yoda one if the title is going to be a famous Yoda quote.

I mean, what else does he have?

"Do or Do Not"
"X Leads To Y Slippery Slope lol"

That's about it really.
Hotfoot

Post by Hotfoot »

I've been around longer and have more posts than either of you, nooblet. :P

There are some other quotes that could be used.

"Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away... to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph! Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!"
The Realm of Confusion
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

Okay; we have, so far:
  • Remuneration
  • Probability of Fate
  • Path of the Dark Side
  • In the Wake of a Tyrant
  • Size Matters Not Heh, heh ... I'm reminded of the UPF ep featuring Yoda ... -ed.
  • Revenge of the Jedi
  • Little Green Fiend
  • Little Green Fear Machine
Any other ideas (or ideas that I missed)?
Pick wrote:Hmm, from someone whose story title is practically a fucking spoiler... .
What, should I name it Yoda Went Apeshit on Palpatine, But Surlethe Continued the Story by Popular Demand, and Is Now Taking it in an Entirely Different Direction: Namely, an Exploration of the Consequences of Transferring Loyalty From an Institution to a Person, Combined With Speculation Regarding the Origin of the Jedi Order and Their Mission, As Well As Philosophical Implications and Propositions on the Nature of the Force?
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I was referring to my own inability to title, not impugning yours :wink:.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:I was referring to my own inability to title, not impugning yours :wink:.
It's not as obvious as you think, just because the whole "Syvoria has missing councellors" and even "Syvorian government is run by councillaries" come after the revelation.

Or at least I was suprised. Maybe I'm a bit dense or something.

------------------------------------------------------

I still like "Palpantine Goes Apeshit on Yoda" for the non-spoiler factor or perhaps if you want a serious suggestion something artsy and impossible to understand like "Only What You Bring With You" for the fic.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

MRDOD wrote:"Only What You Bring With You"
Must - resist - urge - to - steal.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Prozac the Robert
Jedi Master

Post by Prozac the Robert »

I also kind of like "A Jedi Craves Not These Things" from that list of quotes by Hotfoot. Are we having a poll or you going to pick one?
Hi! I'm Prozac the Robert!

EBC: "We can categorically state that we will be releasing giant man-eating badgers into the area."
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

I'm trying to bring out more ideas. Perhaps I should simply title it, "Untitled".
F. Douglass
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Ford Prefect wrote:
MRDOD wrote:"Only What You Bring With You"
Must - resist - urge - to - steal.
Go ahead. If anything it means I'll be more likely to read it.
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

How does "Foundation and Empire" sound :P? I'm thinking of extending my tribute to Asimov; he and Herbert really influenced the direction I'm taking the story.

So, I'm leaning towards something like "Foundation's Veil".
F. Douglass